Your Madonna tribute

RUADJAI

Okay guys. If you were going to put on a Madonna tribute to honor the life of the Queen, which song or songs would you perform?

And what do you guys think everyone will sing in her memory. Everyone seems fixated on Purple Rain for Prince. Is there a Madonna equivalent? 

I think I would start with a video intro of her in Paradise (Not For Me)

".............................Into your eyes, my face remains"

and then do a rendition of Ray of Light  as the words are celebratory but speak of the quickness and fragility of life and seem to describe her place in the world, and what she ultimately cares about which is bringing people together as one. 

my tribute would be:

Like a prayer

Material Girl 

erotica

vogue

La isla bonita

frozen

music

hollywood

hung up

sorry

miles away

give me all your luvin'

gang bang (the ''die for me baby'' part)

girl gone wild

holy water

unapologetic bitch

not whole songs ofc, just a versechorus

most memorable M songs: Like a Prayer, Vogue and Hung Up

I'd probably start with Live to Tell, because lyrically that song meant a lot to me growing up. Especially the line, "The light that you could never see, it shines inside, you can't take that from me!" 

Then, I'd move into I'll Remember, because the lyrics would be so fitting and appropriate. Plus, there's a joyous feeling to the song, so it would brighten the mood.

But hopefully that day won't come for a very long time! 

Can we get a GoFundMe page started for this performance! I wanna see this.  :smile:

my tribute would be:

Like a prayer

Material Girl 

erotica

vogue

La isla bonita

frozen

music

hollywood

hung up

sorry

miles away

give me all your luvin'

gang bang (the ''die for me baby'' part)

girl gone wild

holy water

unapologetic bitch

not whole songs ofc, just a versechorus

most memorable M songs: Like a Prayer, Vogue and Hung Up

Me too. I remember when i was 10 and MTV News had a breaking news alert about Gabriel, Madonna's Dancer, having AIDS and I misheard and thought Madonna did and I cried for hours. Add 25 more years of emotional bonding to that. Im not sure ill be able to go on. 

I think someone sitting at a piano and doing live to tell would be so emotionally powerful. I have goosebumps everywhere.Then again waking up to that news will LITERALLY destroy me.

Archived