Shirley Manson talks Madonna in a new interview + Shirley's iTunes Playlist

Manson says, When I look at Madonna, I think Madonna should not give a f what anybody has to say about her age. She should explore who she is now. It would be infinitely more interesting [than her] being concerned with whether we find her sexy or not. Shes got so much more to offer than that. She should be like, Kiss my ass. Im Madonna. I may be old, but I will always have my legacy behind me and you motherfers wont! I dont know why she cares so much.

https://www.yahoo.com/music/shirley-manson-on-sexism-today-1446617635495990.html?src=rss

also cool she on Shirley's ITunes playlist

post-1008-0-59894800-1465458495_thumb.jpg

anyone else think it's funny the title of the playlist is Always meet your heroes? Did Shirley and Madonna meet at some point? Paul who runs Absoloute Garbage said M was at a couple of Version 2.0 shows in NYC around '98 and chose two directors who worked with Garbage for M's own videos but didnt say what videos tney were

I get that some things upsets her, but she should be more chill and not so reactive in general about things. People always threw shit at her but she kept her cool and still fought for issues that mattered to her through her art. That was her strength. Instagram changed that dynamic. It's too easy now to write an angry post and press send, but it doesn't help the big picture.

Not sure this was positive; it wasn't negative either but based on just this blurb, I took it to mean - "why does she continue to focus on hiding her age" - she's suggesting that Producing art or discussing the experiences Madonna has had, as only someone older can have, would be more interesting than constantly being concerned by her aesthetics.

That's how I took it. Madonna is more than aesthetics - wish she would dig alittle deeper since she has the experience and age to, which not many of her peers do.

Something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived