Single Reissues Campaign - Causing a Commotion - OUT NOW

New_Boy

3 hours ago, MadonnaDave said:

It’s all very random, ignoring Dress You up, which includes tracks not already available on streaming, then giving us Cherish. The extended version of Cherish and Supernatural are available on LAP 30.

There’s been a lot of progress with getting the single discography out there, but it looks like this is going on for another year.

It would be nice if they issued Everybody with the original sleeve artwork and the tracks from the original US 12”

Like a Prayer is having a moment. It’s resurgence coming from Deadpool. And the Silver LP being announced/pre-order the week of the films release. 
Cherish was released 35 yrs ago this week.

So this anniversary is all planned out.

Now seriously, do we have any evidence that she hates "Cherish", except for ignoring it live since 1990?

I mean, "Causing A Commotion" was left out of "Finally Enough Love" when it should have had its own spot there being a #1 Dance single in the US, but "Cherish" was actually included on "Celebration".

In any case, she maybe doesn't care that much about it but maybe surprises us all at any point taking it back like she did with "True Blue" in 2015.

15 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Now seriously, do we have any evidence that she hates "Cherish", except for ignoring it live since 1990?

I mean, "Causing A Commotion" was left out of "Finally Enough Love" when it should have had its own spot there being a #1 Dance single in the US, but "Cherish" was actually included on "Celebration".

In any case, she maybe doesn't care that much about it but maybe surprises us all at any point taking it back like she did with "True Blue" in 2015.

In 2009, during an interview with Rolling Stone, Madonna confessed that "I've never been a good judge of what things are going to be huge or not. The songs that I think are the most retarded songs I've written, like 'Cherish' and 'Sorry,' a pretty big hit off my last album, end up being the biggest hits," she tells RS. " 'Into the Groove' is another song I feel retarded singing, but everybody seems to like it."

https://web.archive.org/web/20110918203627/http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/madonna-looks-back-the-new-issue-of-rolling-stone-20091014

1 minute ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

In 2009, during an interview with Rolling Stone, Madonna confessed that "I've never been a good judge of what things are going to be huge or not. The songs that I think are the most retarded songs I've written, like 'Cherish' and 'Sorry,' a pretty big hit off my last album, end up being the biggest hits," she tells RS. " 'Into the Groove' is another song I feel retarded singing, but everybody seems to like it."

https://web.archive.org/web/20110918203627/http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/madonna-looks-back-the-new-issue-of-rolling-stone-20091014

Hahaha didn't remember this, thank you.

23 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

What the hell Madonna :Madonna031: Sorry is my favourite single from Confessions!

3 hours ago, Karma said:

So here's whats left. Is there anything missing?

Causing A Commotion (8/25)  Single Mix, Silver Screen Mix, Movie House Mix, Dub?

True Blue (9/10) Remix/Edit, the Color Mix, instrumental?

You Must Love Me (10/21) Single version, orchestral version

Die Another Day (10/22) ton of remixes

Oh Father (10/24) 7" edit, Live to Tell (Live Edit from Ciao Italia)

Like A Virgin (10/31) LP version, extended

Open Your Heart (11/19) 7" remix, extended, dub

Crazy For You (3/2) LP version

Live To Tell (3/26) LP Version, edit, Instrumental

Dress You Up (7/24) LP version, 12" formal mix, remix/edit, casual instrumental mix

Holiday (9/7) LP version, Edit

Since they surprised us with the You Can Dance Single Edits promo, I'd love to have the Thunderpuss GHV2 Megamix (and I'm Going To Tell You A Secret) on streaming.

Don't forget Hung Up (single edit/radio version and ton of remixes) too.

6 hours ago, Prayer said:

"Cherish" digital single coming at midnight, confirmed on PopJustice:

01. Cherish (7" Version)

02. Cherish (Extended Version)

03. Supernatural

We'll have audio previews in 45 minutes on Apple Music NZ (praying for the original untouched mastering, "Supernatural" on "LAP 30th" is too boosted IMO).

I don't know if they made it different across platforms, but I compared a download of LAP 30th I had from Qobuz with Supernatural from the Japanese CD Single Collection boxset, and they actually cancelled each other out, meaning it's the same track/mastering! Once the 7" is released in a few hours, I'll compare it with that boxset one more time, but hopefully it will be the same again.

4 hours ago, Prayer said:

"Papa" definitely. "La Isla" have doubts but I'd say it was also boosted.

And of that matter, "Who's That Girl" too. Everything pre-1989 has been touched except rare occasions like the "Angel" single.

Some tracks from the La Isla Bonita EP were from the 2001 remasters, but the Remix/Edit (which was what we were actually looking forward to on that EP lol) is not remastered, it matches the one on the Various Remixes, CD #1 that Bertrand shared.

Angel matches some tracks with the Yellow CD Single (at least in speed, don't know about EQ, because the one that I have is one that Aiwa08 kindly shared, EQ'd).

And they also didn't tamper with (thank God!) the YCD Single Edits

4 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Funny how she says sorry and cherish are retarded and she loves to perform duds way more retarded like AL and BIM 🙄😂 guess it’s just a matter of opinion 🤪

Zig my dear, here why AL and BIM are loved by M whilst Cherish and Sorry aren't.

American Life = totally Madonna's spirit (my spirit too) = describes Madonna perfectly.

Bitch I'm Madonna = same as American Life

While

Cherish = too saccharine => Madonna is a badass bitch = not saccharine

Sorry = too bitchy on the nose => saved only to bash people like Putin and Benedict XVI and Condoleazza Rice

Got it, my favourite French starving hyena ever?

Zig_design_season_2-3.thumb.png.2e4d28a7feff83a379f9c2cf50a2d6f8.png 

3 minutes ago, subversive said:

Or candy shop!!

Won't tolerate SUCH SLANDER. EDUCATE YOURSELF TO THIS ANTHEM!!!

Eight minutes and seventeen seconds of PLEASURE CANDY GALORE must be enough to you!!!

OUR SUGAR MUST BE RAW!!

3 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

It's strange, as far as I know, Hung Up was the first single Madonna released on streaming.

Probably it was actually released on iTunes in the US but later removed for some reason?

I also think it was her first digital single on iTunes ever. "American Life" was sold as an MP3 through her website, but her first standard digital single "everywhere" was "Hung Up" for sure.

EDIT: It was, I found this iTunes promo from 2005

eOTwQYuJ60qSyi8swT4iloVF2w1Lle_AeJ3FOHE7

7 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Probably it was actually released on iTunes in the US but later removed for some reason?

I also think it was her first digital single on iTunes ever. "American Life" was sold as an MP3 through her website, but her first standard digital single "everywhere" was "Hung Up" for sure.

EDIT: It was, I found this iTunes promo from 2005

eOTwQYuJ60qSyi8swT4iloVF2w1Lle_AeJ3FOHE7

Well, it was the dawn of the streaming era (though not of the MP3 era) and maybe copyright and exclusivity issues were only temporary. Honestly, I have no idea, but I clearly remember that Hung Up was Madonna's first single available for streaming and for sale.

5 hours ago, deathproof said:

Like a Prayer is having a moment. It’s resurgence coming from Deadpool. And the Silver LP being announced/pre-order the week of the films release. 
Cherish was released 35 yrs ago this week.

So this anniversary is all planned out.

Do you have any info on Causing A Commotion? You don't know what I would GIVE to get that info!

1 hour ago, Anapausis said:

Zig my dear, here why AL and BIM are loved by M whilst Cherish and Sorry aren't.

American Life = totally Madonna's spirit (my spirit too) = describes Madonna perfectly.

Bitch I'm Madonna = same as American Life

While

Cherish = too saccharine => Madonna is a badass bitch = not saccharine

Sorry = too bitchy on the nose => saved only to bash people like Putin and Benedict XVI and Condoleazza Rice

Got it, my favourite French starving hyena ever?

Zig_design_season_2-3.thumb.png.2e4d28a7feff83a379f9c2cf50a2d6f8.png 

Won't tolerate SUCH SLANDER. EDUCATE YOURSELF TO THIS ANTHEM!!!

Eight minutes and seventeen seconds of PLEASURE CANDY GALORE must be enough to you!!!

OUR SUGAR MUST BE RAW!!

I tried the pan de queso and omg was it delicious! Amazing taste in food!