Single Reissues Campaign - Causing a Commotion - OUT NOW

New_Boy

1 minute ago, Aiwa08 said:

Can it be done? Mathematically (which is how algorithms work), they are different versions. Can they do it 'manually'?

The version on the EP is going to merge automatically with the album version (106M) in the next few hours/days.

Only if Warner ask for the original album version and the "Celebration" version to merge streams it will reflect the total, they need to ask for that manually.

Oh and by the way: the fact that track 1 on the new EP is not already merged in streams with the Album Version shows this has been a last last minute release, they probably sent it to retailers just yesterday.

When it's sent in advance the system recognizes it behind the scenes and shows the merged streams already on release. Example: "Into The Groove" on the "Angel" single already showed the total streams since the release.

Since it doesn't in this case, it indicates this EP was sent just yesterday or two days ago maximum.

So they really woke up about this this same week (or didn't get to have all ready to go until this same week).

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

Rushed? Yes. Bought songs? Yes as well. But I don't buy this whole "no passion, calculated" narrative some fans have put over "MDNA" over the years. Yes, the superficial songs are superficial indeed, but she really exposed her soul on that album, songs like "Gang Bang", "I Don't Give A", "Love Spent", "Best Friend"... There's nothing soulless in all of them and she was exposing herself completely, almost too much. There's a lot of anger and confusion there. A whole feeling all the time of "what the hell has happened". It was really her second divorce album, but instead of an introspective one like "Like A Prayer", we got a horny, middle age woman, nasty divorce,  I don't give a f**k one.

I find a lot of truth in "MDNA" honestly. Of course we can discuss the quality of the music but that's personal preference in the end. I agree is definitely not one of her best sounding albums, but I dare anyone to try to find great sounding audio on most of mainstream pop music during those years, peak of loudness war and tiny MP3 players, everything was mastered with those in mind. Not an excuse, but an explanation.

She said herself she wasn't commited to her last 3 albums before Madame x during its promo, and yes the lyrics are personal on MDNA, that's why she sings "gotta right a song" as one of her many daily tasks in "I don't give a". The fact that most of these tracks were bought with the lyrical content already there (including "divorce" songs like Gang bang, falling free, love spent etc...male them as personal as Like a Virgin). Not all albums from that era sound like a shy queef like MDNA does...i listened  to the cd in a high tech recording studio because i had the opportunity and i thought it was my material that made it sounds like this but nope, it was worst. 

Demo recorded her voice with an iphone, if you listen to the multitracks of Love Spent, GGW and Masterpiece, all the colors in her voice are flattened to make it sound weak like a younger singer i guess since it's what he said in an interview about how he sliced her voice on 4 Minutes).

17 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

She said herself she wasn't commited to her last 3 albums before Madame x during its promo, and yes the lyrics are personal on MDNA, that's why she sings "gotta right a song" as one of her many daily tasks in "I don't give a". The fact that most of these tracks were bought with the lyrical content already there (including "divorce" songs like Gang bang, falling free, love spent etc...male them as personal as Like a Virgin). Not all albums from that era sound like a shy queef like MDNA does...i listened  to the cd in a high tech recording studio because i had the opportunity and i thought it was my material that made it sounds like this but nope, it was worst. 

Demo recorded her voice with an iphone, if you listen to the multitracks of Love Spent, GGW and Masterpiece, all the colors in her voice are flattened to make it sound weak like a younger singer i guess since it's what he said in an interview about how he sliced her voice on 4 Minutes).

Demo didn't record her voice with an iPhone and you're making that up from a comment on the "MDNA" EPK from William Orbit saying Demo came up with the beat for "Gang Bang" on his iPad. Which is quite different to him having her recording her voice with it.

And even if he did, just remember "Into The Groove" was a slightly polished demo recorded originally with a potato. "Vogue" recorded on a shitty studio cause it was going to be a B-Side for "Keep It Together" and the budget for it was almost non-existent from Warner. The "Erotica" album used minimum equipment to make it raw. "Confessions" was done on Stuart's own home studio and computer. She's always been about the vibe, not the equipment. She was never Quincy Jones and Michael Jackson.

Tell me a great quality sounding pop album from her peers from 2010-2011-2012. I'll wait. Go listen again to Rihanna's "Loud", Kesha's early 10s top hits or even holy Katy's "Teenage Dream" album. And not only mainstream, on the indie side Robyn's "Body Talk" suffers from that too. Loud mess all of them. Britney's "Femme Fatale" is loud too, but OK. I agree sound wise "MDNA" is probably one of the worst offenders from that era, but still.

She didn't write "Papa Don't Preach" either; "Open Your Heart" was brought to her and she updated; "Swim", "Ray Of Light", "Candy Perfume Girl" on the "ROL" album, "Nothing Fails", "God Control"... quick examples; she's always done that. Taking things she likes and bringing them to her own lane. The only difference with "MDNA" is: 1) we got to see the whole process because of the leaks and 2) the album was a flop so it's easier to trash that era.

I wonder what narrative we'd have now if "MDNA" had been a massive commercial success.

3 hours ago, Prayer said:

Demo didn't record her voice with an iPhone and you're making that up from a comment on the "MDNA" EPK from William Orbit saying Demo came up with the beat for "Gang Bang" on his iPad. Which is quite different to him having her recording her voice with it.

And even if he did, just remember "Into The Groove" was a slightly polished demo recorded originally with a potato. "Vogue" recorded on a shitty studio cause it was going to be a B-Side for "Keep It Together" and the budget for it was almost non-existent from Warner. The "Erotica" album used minimum equipment to make it raw. "Confessions" was done on Stuart's own home studio and computer. She's always been about the vibe, not the equipment. She was never Quincy Jones and Michael Jackson.

Tell me a great quality sounding pop album from her peers from 2010-2011-2012. I'll wait. Go listen again to Rihanna's "Loud", Kesha's early 10s top hits or even holy Katy's "Teenage Dream" album. And not only mainstream, on the indie side Robyn's "Body Talk" suffers from that too. Loud mess all of them. Britney's "Femme Fatale" is loud too, but OK. I agree sound wise "MDNA" is probably one of the worst offenders from that era, but still.

She didn't write "Papa Don't Preach" either; "Open Your Heart" was brought to her and she updated; "Swim", "Ray Of Light", "Candy Perfume Girl" on the "ROL" album, "Nothing Fails", "God Control"... quick examples; she's always done that. Taking things she likes and bringing them to her own lane. The only difference with "MDNA" is: 1) we got to see the whole process because of the leaks and 2) the album was a flop so it's easier to trash that era.

I wonder what narrative we'd have now if "MDNA" had been a massive commercial success.

If MDNA was polished better and we actually get Gang Bang to be a single (and also Superstar), it would have been a strong start for her Interscope era.

12 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

YES YES YESSS!!! 

Suddenly Emily, Guy Oseary and her team are so useful!

My guess is they were planning this all along or waiting to see the response for the song before making a bigger deal of it.  Anyway, I'm excited to see they included the film score version of the song.  This is fantastic.

7 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

The people on here trashing MDNA - do they like trash songs like BIM or AL ? Just trying to gauge their music tastes here - as for live nation and interscope trashing yet again - people forget that she was in her mid 50s - how many artists do you know have hits at that time in their career ? She was never going to have big hits just like she is now so just get over it - it wouldn’t have mattered if she made an album on a par with LAP or ROL - the GP are just not interested in her they have moved on - she should be catering to her true fan base now and not TikTok tweens. They have Taylor swift for that now 

Living for Love, Ghosttown, Medellín, Crave, God Control....those are all songs catered to her fanbase. Like i said earlier, the fans just have no connection to the zeitgeist anymore and for all the complaining going on cAtEr To HeR fAnBaSe...it literally has gotten her NOWHERE. One of the most hated songs by the fans, BIM is literally her last hit before Popular and is still doing well on streaming. Why should she cater to her fanbase if they don't do sh*t but sending complaints to Rhino? What she SHOULD do is go back to not reading magazines, comments, no watching tv, and do music that caters to HERSELF and HER artistic instincts. Fans and casuals be damned.

39 minutes ago, Harrdust said:

If they used the same ISRC code it's gonna be merged at least on Spotify.

[I did a mistake with the code name]

We're getting super technical but songs with different ISRCs can also be merged if the system recognizes them as being the same track (or close enough to be considered the same track) and/or the label request it!

Example: "Music" has two different ISRC codes, one shared for the album version and the  "GHV2" one and finally another for the "Celebration" version. But all three versions (and two ISRC codes) are merged.

Note for those who don't know what we're talking about: an ISRC code is just like the unique number each released song on digital has, similar to the ISBN for a book.

22 minutes ago, Andreo said:

And the 'kinda' mid sentence is an act of generosity 

Yeah I was being VERY generous. It’s an absolutely cheesy and embarrassing cringe fest. B-Day Song might be worse but that song was "intentionally" dumb whereas Superstar was sort of a serious song.

7 minutes ago, MPowered said:

Yeah I was being VERY generous. It’s an absolutely cheesy and embarrassing cringe fest. B-Day Song might be worse but that song was "intentionally" dumb whereas Superstar was sort of a serious song.

I actually dont even hate it. However... I never listened to Bday Song in full. Never in 5 years as a fan. I quit after the first verse at best

52d2ed75b0a8735c876bd3eee33e8a95.jpg.38b94b18cbda01ce81931ca0d4bb4654.jpg

9 hours ago, Prayer said:

I agree with most of what you are saying here, it really was a rough ere production and sound wise. Every pop girl album from that era sounds awful.

But the biggest offender on MDNA are the bones of the songs. There isn't great pop songs there, some good, yes, but none is great.
I can name at least 3 songs from Britney, Katy, Kesha, Gaga and Rihanna from that era that are bonafide pop songs. Add that Madonna would always have a bigger expectation because of her back catalog and the fact that these girls were dominating the pop scene for 3 years while she was away making movies and came back with that... 

I Like GMAYL, but imagine if she cameback with something as good as Kesha's TikTok or Robyn's Dancing on My Own, even with the same chart run that GMAYL had it would be perceived as an achievement to someone was with her age. She didn't need Minaj for that.

2 hours ago, missberic said:

I love Superstar :Madonna014: it's as awesome as 90% of Rebel Heart 

I corrected it for you. No need for thanks.  LOL!  Seriously, it's not a contest for me.  I recognize Madonna has a very polarizing fan base, and that's what makes her so popular still.  I appreciate that some can loathe certain songs, but also know just as many people love those "loathed" songs.  It just shows how eclectic she is as well as her fan base is.  Everyone is entitled to voicing their like/dislikes as long it's not resorting to ridiculing which I'm seeing a bit of here.  :)