Single Reissues Campaign - Causing a Commotion - OUT NOW

New_Boy

@MPoweredI will promise to try.m4a that I won't get on your feet no more at least for the remainer of this afterparty day, but have you thought why Two Steps Behind Me was one of the two last songs to leak right during the first batch of demo leaks and, most importantly, exactly alongside with Never Let You Go (notice the message of song's lyrics)???? (There was a track of when first demos leaked by the day they did back on the Wiki page about unreleased Madonna songs, don't know if the data's still available there.*)

There was a very coordinated plan behind the Rebel Heart leakage. Shame that even with the evidence I have collected I cannot prove a single thing about. But, as @Adonna loved to tell me back when we were "friends," all of what I say can be only considered as MERE ASSUMPTIONS... So...

*EDIT: it is still indeed:

256110252_Screenshot_20240817_071811_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.42dbf41a4fc4b87efb11f5502cefba1a.jpg 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unreleased_songs_recorded_by_Madonna

1 hour ago, Anapausis said:

After you're not being Alain Delon, are you saying you're not a GGW either??? I am heartily sorry for you as you should be badly to be... GOOD...

Well... we all missberic, I mean, misbehave anyway, hey!

EDIT: @MPowered would Madame X sound much better to you if she sang in German instead of Portuguese?

Saaafaaaaado... ele faz tão gostoso...

I like the Portugese tracks the most but the issue with MX is the lack of good melodies, the terrible vocal production and in some cases, the writing. It’s also a bit inconsistent in terms of styles.

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

All the "MDNA" bashing... some of you have never been divorced, angry, upset, hot, wanting to f**k and fool around, you don't give A, teenage rebelling, die for me baby, baby Jesus on the stairs, no time for a manicure - and it shows.

There's more truth on that album than in many others from her. But maybe's not the truth you want to see from her, that's a whole other story.

I love my Kabbalahdonna 1998-2006 with all my heart but you realize MDNAdonna and after is more who she probably really is underneath it all, right?

You’re reading too much into it. Hard Candy was the divorce album. She was going through a breakup at that time. It’s apparent on Incredible, Miles Away and She's Not Me. That was the "escapist" album.

For MDNA she just didn’t have the time to actually write and produce a full album's worth of songs. She was focusing on directing her movie and raising 4 children on her own. I don’t blame her for that but maybe it would have been better to just go on tour with a GH Tour that year following the Superbowl HTS instead of forcing herself to create a mixtape of songs with 50% not written or produced by her.

There are some personal and introspective moments on the album, yes. But they get lost in the bunch of hand-me-down tracks not actually written or produced by her. That, paired with the lack of quality in almost every aspect of this album makes it her second worst in my opinion and that of many fans.

1 hour ago, Roy said:

I will say, with MDNA, it's an album that grows in you over the years (unlike HC). A shame that it sounds rushed on some tracks but a lot of standouts!

GGW, GB, TUTR, Superstar, Masterpiece, FF, IAS... 

The opposite was the case for me. I liked MDNA at first but my god…it has aged like milk that was already partially spoiled.

Hard Candy still sounds fresh and that Timbaland/Neptunes sounds is making a comeback.

59 minutes ago, Andreo said:

Say no to MDNA, embrace Hard Candy! The superior album and thats not up to debate 🥰

YES! 🙌🏼 

49 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

@MPoweredI will promise to try.m4a that I won't get on your feet no more at least for the remainer of this afterparty day, but have you thought why Two Steps Behind Me was one of the two last songs to leak right during the first batch of demo leaks and, most importantly, exactly alongside with Never Let You Go (notice the message of song's lyrics)???? (There was a track of when first demos leaked by the day they did back on the Wiki page about unreleased Madonna songs, don't know if the data's still available there.*)

There was a very coordinated plan behind the Rebel Heart leakage. Shame that even with the evidence I have collected I cannot prove a single thing about. But, as @Adonna loved to tell me back when we were "friends," all of what I say can be only considered as MERE ASSUMPTIONS... So...

*EDIT: it is still indeed:

256110252_Screenshot_20240817_071811_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.42dbf41a4fc4b87efb11f5502cefba1a.jpg 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unreleased_songs_recorded_by_Madonna

I don’t really understand what you’re trying yo say, no offense.

6 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

Do you know the real issue with MDNA @Adonna? Because I’m tired of ignoring the elephant in the room. The album came out during a fierce rivalry with another singer who was being called the "new Madonna" (I refuse to say her name). Many fans were expecting MDNA to be the album that would kick that singer’s ass, allowing Madonna to reclaim her original throne. When the album couldn't do it (with no clear hits and dropping like a rock on the sales charts), that's when they started to tear MDNA apart (not to mention there was already a group ready to tear the album apart in defense of this "new Madonna").

To ignore this is to miss the real reason behind some fans' hatred toward MDNA. Madonna didn’t care about that rivalry and made the album she wanted to make.

I've never even thought about it in that perspective. I guess I can see your point.  For me, it was never a competition and I enjoyed Gaga's output at the time too.  Still, I will always favor Madonna.  MDNA was a fine album in my opinion.  Though, she has so many albums which are even greater.  I don't dislike a single one of them. :luv:

21 minutes ago, Adonna said:

I've never even thought about it in that perspective. I guess I can see your point.  For me, it was never a competition and I enjoyed Gaga's output at the time too.  Still, I will always favor Madonna.  MDNA was a fine album in my opinion.  Though, she has so many albums which are even greater.  I don't dislike a single one of them. :luv:

I wonder what you would say to me right now if I haven't challenged you all this time on forum. Would love to get your feedback to my stuff if I didn't sound the way I sound to you.

3 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

What’s left to be dumped on streaming ? You guys still obsessed with causing a commotion and the pointless edit and fades …..

That’s no different from being obsessed with unfinished songs or demos with different fades where the vocals might sound a little louder or quieter than in the album version. At least we’re discussing something realistic that Madonna is releasing, rather than just fans' dreams.

MDNA was really up against it really. We know it was her second divorce album and it naturally had comparisons to Like A Prayer her magnum opus and THE quintessential Madonna origin story. Everything you need to know about her genesis and MO is written in those 11 songs. Second to that MDNA brought back the collaborator that had given her the second  wind of her career and her critical and awards dahling William Orbit. 
Thus it was destined to fail. 
Thirdly Madonna was distracted and phoned it in. 

You can’t really say anymore about it. It’s the sound of a recently divorced woman trying to fit back into the clothes she had before her kids and marriage and heading out for a night with her pre-marital friends to have a laugh. Its full of drink fuelled bravado and “yass queen you’re a boss bitch” laughs and self soothing until she’s being sick in a bathroom stall, holding her own hair up, crying into the toilet seat and saying I FUCKED UP just as much as he did. 

Its a real sad record and a in truth a brilliant premise in principal but the way it was delivered felt like the transcript  of a “get back out there” Wednesday in February speed date evening “so tell me about you” in three  minutes kinda way.
When really that’s so beneath who she is. Falling Free is the voicemail she leaves Guy in the cab ride on the way home after a few large glasses of burgundy in the bar….but by the end of the cab ride, just as she finishes the message….she decides to delete it…and goes to bed alone. 

10 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

The perfect EP would be:

1. Open Your Heart (7'' Remix) 3:59
  2. Open Your Heart (Extended Remix) 10:35
  3. Open Your Heart (Dub) 6:40
  4. Open Your Heart (Video Version) 4:27

The cherry on top would be a better master from the audio (and not that compressed piece of shit from FELL)

5 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

What’s left to be dumped on streaming ? You guys still obsessed with Causing a commotion and the pointless edit and fades …..

'I swear its all I can think about'

So we know a couple of big ones are on their way; Causing A Commotion and True Blue. The main important ones we don't have any info on are Dress You Up and Open Your Heart, both would give us something new especially if they include the remix edits.

Then would also be cool to have Holiday, Like A Virgin, Crazy For You and Live To Tell mainly for 7" edits; don't know if they'll ever update the Borderline 7" mix though.

3 minutes ago, deathproof said:

The cherry on top would be a better master from the audio (and not that compressed piece of shit from FELL)

That’s incredibly important. If they remaster the EP to sound like OYH did on FEL, it would be like having nothing. OYH was probably the song most destroyed by the remastering on FEL.

2 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

That’s incredibly important. If they remaster the EP to sound like OYH did on FEL, it would be like having nothing. OYH was probably the song most destroyed by the remastering on FEL.

Mike Dean was on the pipe too hard, he forgot to boost the mids.

39 minutes ago, Roy said:

Mike Dean was on the pipe too hard, he forgot to boost the mids.

Rather than forgetting to boost the mids, he actually diminished them. 

I still can’t understand how no one noticed the mess of OYH in FEL. I want to believe it was a mistake during the remastering process that somehow ended up in the final master of FEL. If Mike Dean really did that remastering of OYH and thought it was 'acceptable,' then he should be fired and never allowed to work with audio files again.

Usually the video versions were done by the director in post-production, in fact I prefer the video versions to be on the video itself and not released as a single audio, even the soundtracks are not exactly what they sound like on screen for various reasons. However, if there is enough of a difference, why not release it.

I thought they got the OYH audio from a video source, I read that here on the forum. And to be honest, I don't even remember what the difference is in the versions. XD

Edit: Is the production different or the structure?

18 hours ago, MPowered said:

I like the Portugese tracks the most but the issue with MX is the lack of good melodies, the terrible vocal production and in some cases, the writing. It’s also a bit inconsistent in terms of styles.

You’re reading too much into it. Hard Candy was the divorce album. She was going through a breakup at that time. It’s apparent on Incredible, Miles Away and She's Not Me. That was the "escapist" album.

For MDNA she just didn’t have the time to actually write and produce a full album's worth of songs. She was focusing on directing her movie and raising 4 children on her own. I don’t blame her for that but maybe it would have been better to just go on tour with a GH Tour that year following the Superbowl HTS instead of forcing herself to create a mixtape of songs with 50% not written or produced by her.

There are some personal and introspective moments on the album, yes. But they get lost in the bunch of hand-me-down tracks not actually written or produced by her. That, paired with the lack of quality in almost every aspect of this album makes it her second worst in my opinion and that of many fans.

The opposite was the case for me. I liked MDNA at first but my god…it has aged like milk that was already partially spoiled.

Hard Candy still sounds fresh and that Timbaland/Neptunes sounds is making a comeback.

YES! 🙌🏼 

Madonna still co-wrote and co-produced every single song—incl. additional lyrics, modified lyrics to certain songs just like she did "Open Your Heart," "Papa Don't Preach"  and "Justify My Love" years prior. After decades of songwriting, such collaborations may be beneficial, esp. if inspiration goes down.

1 hour ago, Harrdust said:

Usually the video versions were done by the director in post-production, in fact I prefer the video versions to be on the video itself and not released as a single audio, even the soundtracks are not exactly what they sound like on screen for various reasons. However, if there is enough of a difference, why not release it.

I thought they got the OYH audio from a video source, I read that here on the forum. And to be honest, I don't even remember what the difference is in the versions. XD

Edit: Is the production different or the structure?

We have two or three video versions included on CD singles, and their sound quality is identical to the other versions/remixes. For OYH, the video version is exactly the same as the album version, but it features a very cool 10-second intro.