Single Reissues Campaign - Causing a Commotion - OUT NOW

New_Boy

1 hour ago, Veronica-Electronica said:

Ooooh, what makes you think Let Down Your Guard is coming? I would love that on streaming. 

on the topic of Björk it seems they have done a big streaming dump lately with lots of different editions of singles uploaded. They finally uploaded the version of Possibly Maybe featuring the b-side Visur Vatnsenda-Rósu which I had been waiting for. 

Out of curiosity, what does this mean in Icelandic? I was thinking of asking a friend of mine who's from Reíkjavík but he loathes Björk (won't name him even under torture, don't you even try me!!!)

EDIT: @Prayer now the million dollar question is: WILL BE NAPTIME AVAILABLE ON STREAMINGS??? Since it's an RSD exclusive...

15 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Out of curiosity, what does this mean in Icelandic? I was thinking of asking a friend of mine who's from Reíkjavík but he loathes Björk (won't name him even under torture, don't you even try me!!!)

EDIT: @Prayer now the million dollar question is: WILL BE NAPTIME AVAILABLE ON STREAMINGS??? Since it's an RSD exclusive...

I don’t know that the title translates to, but here’s a translation of the lyrics (which doesn’t really offer any clarity to the meaning of the title)

https://lyricstranslate.com/en/vísur-vatnsenda-rósu-vatnsenda-rósas-verses.html

and to echo @Prayer I don’t believe Naptime will be available to stream, similar to the AL Mixshow. I bought that, and will buy Naptime too. But man I would love to be able to add the Mother and Father and Easy Ride remixes to my playlists on Spotify. 

@Prayer ur CAPS girl gone back to thread to announce that in half an hour we'll get most likely the confirmation from PopJustice of @deathproof's battle against Rhino's bigotry and one hour later the previews from Apple Music NZ, as it has become traditional like my rants and one-sided beefs that I never forget or even forgive, RIIIIIIIGHT???

EDIT: Deathproof, so sorry for making even harder your efforts against crying legacy labels here and there but not only artists are here to disturb the peace, artists' fans as well.

3 hours ago, Veronica-Electronica said:

Ooooh, what makes you think Let Down Your Guard is coming? I would love that on streaming. 

on the topic of Björk it seems they have done a big streaming dump lately with lots of different editions of singles uploaded. They finally uploaded the version of Possibly Maybe featuring the b-side Visur Vatnsenda‐Rósu which I had been waiting for. 

The live rendition of PM that is on one of the several cd singles released ? I love the acordeon she added live, that's how she did it when i saw her.

I forgot they already uploaded Secret remixes without LDYG i thought it could be next.

3 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

The live rendition of PM that is on one of the several cd singles released ? I love the acordeon she added live, that's how she did it when i saw her.

I forgot they already uploaded Secret remixes without LDYG i thought it could be next.

The live version had been available for many years on the Homogenic (Live) album, I was referring to the studio version (originally from Chansons des Mers Froides) which has only been available (at least in Australia) on the Possibly Maybe single for a few months. 

when I say I was devastated LDYG was left off Secret 😭 

3 minutes ago, Veronica-Electronica said:

The live version had been available for many years on the Homogenic (Live) album, I was referring to the studio version (originally from Chansons des Mers Froides) which has only been available (at least in Australia) on the Possibly Maybe single for a few months. 

Oh, yes Visur blah blah ! 

When i watched the Snyder's cut of Justice League i thought they were covering Björk in a scene with Aquaman where villagers sing it when it's a traditional song 😅

4 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

It would be nice to have them all in digital but the two that should really have been available in digital form ages ago are Burning Up (since it's the original album version and the version a lot of us heard first because of the First album reissue) and Open You Heart 7inch mix. The other ones are promo mixes so i can understand why they forgot about them but those two should have been curated because they are the versions people who were there remember.

But yes we should definitely have them all in digital somewhere. The Fever and Rescue Me promo remixes...and some 7inch edits of the Ray Of Light singles (drowned world, nothing really matters). But we definitely are lucky compared to Prince or Björk, a lot of their best remixes are not available online (the Orbit remixes of The Future or the Disco Synch version of Bachelorette) Sade has no b-sides available so tracks like Spirit are still unavailable in digital. Hopefully next month we'll have Let down your guard.

Yes, it's unrealistic to expect promos from digital sources, but occasionally singles re-issues have included some of these rare tracks. Some of these promos are particularly interesting; for example, OYH (straight pass) is just the 7'' version with the full ending (similar to the Holiday 7'' on FEL). It would be amazing to see these in Expanded Editions.

11 minutes ago, Veronica-Electronica said:

Imagine how I was since the Secret maxi uploaded is the one I already own??

6 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

Oh, yes Visur blah blah

You cannot claim later when non French people shout out《 Des cochons ! 》to French people, right?

EDIT: a lil' fixing in my post. Je suis desolé !!!!

After going more than 30 pages back, it's now safe to say which maxi will arrive next, won't it @Would You Like To Try?

Many thanks @Karma dear! Do you have new links for Oct/Nov reissues as well?

So... In a coupla days the True Blue maxi reissue discussion's gonna start, alright?

EDIT: @Prayer guess I won't be your CAPS girl anymore - so I'm gonna be something else instead. See ya.

23 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

So the cursed mixes would be:

• Borderline (It's That Girl Remix Edit) Available only on It's That Girl cassette.
  • Burning Up (Original Album Version) Available only on vinyl and cassette.
  • Over And Over (Dub) Available only on vinyl and cassette.
  • Open Your Heart (Remix) Available only on vinyl and on It's Thar Girl cassette.
  • Causing A Commotion (Movie House Edit) Available only on vinyl.
  • Die Another Day (Richard Humpty Vission Radio Edit) Available only on vinyl-

Any more?

Are we gonna count the ones that were available on CD but happen to be lossy? 😅😅😅

2 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

Yes, it's unrealistic to expect promos from digital sources, but occasionally singles re-issues have included some of these rare tracks. Some of these promos are particularly interesting; for example, OYH (straight pass) is just the 7'' version with the full ending (similar to the Holiday 7'' on FEL). It would be amazing to see these in Expanded Editions.

Do you have Straight Pass and Straight Pass 2 of Open Your Heart? I thought the ones that had leaked were not confirmed. I kept them anyway.

3 minutes ago, JustinTimes said:

Do you have Straight Pass and Straight Pass 2 of Open Your Heart? I thought the ones that had leaked were not confirmed. I kept them anyway.

I have the leaked ones, but they must be legit because they contain elements that are only possible if you have the remix multitracks, and as far as I know, the remix multitracks have never been leaked.