Single Reissues Campaign - Causing a Commotion - OUT NOW

New_Boy

14 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

If we are rumoured to get a proper album reissue for July - when would warners announce it ? Some artists have announced stuff for June ( pet shop boys ) so surely it should be #soon ??

Don't you worry. I'm sure something's cooking. I can feel it in my bones. :)

5 minutes ago, Prayer said:

The usual legacy artist/back catalogue rollout is 2-3 months between announcement and release, but each campaign is different.

"Madame X" was announced on April 14 2019 and released on June 14 2019. But "Finally Enough Love" was announced on May 4 2022 and released on August 19 2022.

If something is coming in July we should expect an announcement at any time between now and mid-May.

Yes. As #soon as we have Record Store Day out of the way, I expect a couple of weeks of silence, and then BOOM! Just like last year.

(RSD was on April the 23rd, and FEL was announced ten days later, on May the 4th.)

23 minutes ago, Prayer said:

The usual legacy artist/back catalogue rollout is 2-3 months between announcement and release, but each campaign is different.

"Madame X" was announced on April 14 2019 and released on June 14 2019. But "Finally Enough Love" was announced on May 4 2022 and released on August 19 2022.

If something is coming in July we should expect an announcement at any time between now and mid-May.

I see it rolling out in this manner.  Then we'll have those two months of some sharing doom and gloom speculations and disappointments, leading up to the complete unveil of the product.  LOL!

1 minute ago, tscott said:

Then we'll have those two months of some sharing doom and gloom speculations and disappointments, leading up to the complete unveil of the product.  LOL!

Well, I expect them to let us pre-order the web exclusic´ve product when they announce it, and tracklistings will be revealed at the same time.

I can't wait for the inevitable meltdowns! "Too much", "Not enough", "I don't like the color of the vinyl", "it's the wrong font"... :laughing:

8 minutes ago, Celebration said:

Well, I expect them to let us pre-order the web exclusic´ve product when they announce it, and tracklistings will be revealed at the same time.

I can't wait for the inevitable meltdowns! "Too much", "Not enough", "I don't like the color of the vinyl", "it's the wrong font"... :laughing:

Yeah, I suspect it's possible they will mention the contents right off the bat, but either way, the meltdowns will be entertaining.  Especially the ones who will try to re-write what was announced and say, "where are the demos and rare remixes promised?"  

I suspect if there are any demos or rarities, it will be what a lot of fans already have gotten through leaks and on Pre-Madonna. This will upset many fans even though, those leaks  and Pre-Madonna weren't approved or officially released by Madonna. 

5 minutes ago, tscott said:

Yeah, I suspect it's possible they will mention the contents right off the bat, but either way, the meltdowns will be entertaining.  Especially the ones who will try to re-write what was announced and say, "where are the demos and rare remixes promised?"  

I suspect what we'll get is what a lot of fans already have gotten through leaks and on Pre-Madonna. This will upset many fans even though, those leaks  and Pre-Madonna weren't approved or officially released by Madonna. 

Well, I hope that leaked stuff will appear in the reissues. Madonna wrote, performed and produced those demos, and she's the one who should get paid for her job, not some "happy hackers" and eBay folks.

Also, we'll finally be able to listen to the demos with her blessing...

34 minutes ago, Celebration said:

Well, I hope that leaked stuff will appear in the reissues. Madonna wrote, performed and produced those demos, and she's the one who should get paid for her job, not some "happy hackers" and eBay folks.

Also, we'll finally be able to listen to the demos with her blessing...

And if there is something extra special that we've never knew existed or heard before, I'll be happy with that as well.  But I am not holding my breath on that. Nor get my panties in a twist over it.

10 hours ago, tscott said:

You seriously need to shut up and be so annoying about this. "The meltdowns will be entertaining…" literally wtf is your damn problem? 

26 minutes ago, Prayer said:

It's just a joke... we all know as soon as the first reissue and tracklist are announced there will probably be some fans complaining about it, right? :smile:

New info according to a supposedly good source on Madonna Tribe forums:

"Madonna's team are working very hard in insane levels of detail on putting together the tracklistings including some nice surprises. Rhino will just receive what M's team put together. A LOT of hard work has gone into locating specific edits and versions from very exhaustive lists for example - it will be for M to decide what actually goes out and for Rhino to decide commercially what makes sense in terms of number of physical discs (if they go down a physical product route - I have zero info on the product side of things).

I can guarantee that the track listings suggested are exhaustive."

So let's see...

Exhaustive, I see.

Well, we all know Madonna could have a troll account here in MI so... she knows all our sins at this point. XD

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

It's just a joke... we all know as soon as the first reissue and tracklist are announced there will probably be some fans complaining about it, right? :smile:

"Madonna's team are working very hard in insane levels of detail on putting together the tracklistings including some nice surprises. Rhino will just receive what M's team put together. A LOT of hard work has gone into locating specific edits and versions from very exhaustive lists for example - it will be for M to decide what actually goes out and for Rhino to decide commercially what makes sense in terms of number of physical discs (if they go down a physical product route - I have zero info on the product side of things).

So let's see...

All this waiting. Now that’s ‘exhaustive’…

12 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

All this waiting. Now that’s ‘exhaustive’…

The same source on Madonna Tribe also talked about that (fans demanding and "waiting")...

"No release dates were given or even hinted at; Finally Enough Love was the first release under the new legacy deal with Rhino, so we’ve had the first release already.

Fans created the narrative that albums would be reissued on anniversaries."

And this:

"I can guarantee you that the reissues (my word) (I won’t call them box sets etc as I genuinely don’t know what format digital physical or otherwise they will take) are still very much being worked on and they have not been forgotten; we just need to be patient and receive them when they arrive; and not feel entitled to things before that time".

Maybe it's Emily herself? :Madonna009:

4 minutes ago, Prayer said:

The same source also talked about that (fans demanding and "waiting")...

"No release dates were given or even hinted at; Finally Enough Love was the first release under the new legacy deal with Rhino, so we’ve had the first release already.

Fans created the narrative that albums would be reissued on anniversaries."

And this:

"I can guarantee you that the reissues (my word) (I won’t call them box sets etc as I genuinely don’t know what format digital physical or otherwise they will take) are still very much being worked on and they have not been forgotten; we just need to be patient and receive them when they arrive; and not feel entitled to things before that time".

Maybe it's Emily herself? :Madonna009:

The 50th Anniversary will be great!

12 hours ago, Prayer said:

So let's see...

Thank you.  I am looking so forward to whatever they put together.  Like mentioned, it won't make everyone happy, but nothing seems to do so for some.  But I really feel like a lot of fans will be pleased with the results.  It won't be perfect as some want it "all" and I don't see that happening. 

24 minutes ago, Jackie said:

It's actually a massive deal these reissues - as it's not like she can do one this year, and then another in 5 years - well she could - but I guess this is it in regards to making it a big impact - so makes sense that a lot of work is going into it and looking at strategy, timing not rushing it etc.

It is a "massive" taking.  I'm sure we wouldn't have known it as so early if it wasn't for the fact that Warners was behind Madame X Tour film  on digital and streaming platforms.  If you rationally think about it, fans would have been in a tizzy wondering why Warner was behind that release if they didn't issue a press statement about their involvement.  I'm sure at that point, it was the early stages of the back catalog involvement.  No dates or promises were made of when things would be released, other than saying it was a "multi-year" deal.  And since it was "billed" as the 40th Anniversary deal, it doesn't seem to make sense to release anything until the actual 40th as they have done with the "Everybody" re-issue. I'm pretty confident that the first album is the first of the "re-issues".  Meanwhile, under that deal Finally Enough Love was the first curated release. It acts as a "greatest hits" to her dance hits.  The first  (debut) album celebrates it's 40th anniversary this summer and it makes sense to re-release an expanded set sometime this summer or shortly after.  I'm putting bets that pre-orders will happen very soon if by the anniversary date.  If this deal was made in 2021, then it's promising that they have spent some good time in putting together the first release.  I suspect that these releases will happen yearly if not bi-annual, depending on the release.  Again, it's a "multi-year" deal, so nothing is promised in just one year or even five years.  We only know that by 2025, her interscope albums will be included in this deal.