Single Reissues Campaign - Causing a Commotion - OUT NOW

New_Boy

5 hours ago, steady75 said:

I think The Look Of Love would be more likely to feature the Spotlight Single edit as a b side as the Spotlight single had The Look Of Love on its b side. But I’d love the Movie House Edit Too. 

I don’t think they would include that cause they already released the YCD Single Edits EP.

The b-sides on most versions of the single were:

I Know It & Love Don't Live Here Anymore

Both of these are rather pointless but the single deserves to be on streaming. Preferably with the Movie House Edit!

5 hours ago, Veronica-Electronica said:

I can’t imagine we’re getting a Japan-only single on streaming anytime soon.

Also, wasn’t “Where’s The Party” the b-side for “Spotlight”?

Yes, the single for Spotlight had Where's The Party as b-side.

2 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

I would love for each You Can Dance track to have an EP that includes its corresponding Remix Edit, Unmixed Extended, and Dub versions.

JUSTICE FOR WHERE'S THE PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!

LTUwMTAuanBlZw.jpeg

Oh this would be a dream come true! The only versions we're missing are the Extended Mix and Dub of Over & Over.

5 minutes ago, MPowered said:

Oh this would be a dream come true! The only versions we're missing are the Extended Mix and Dub of Over & Over.

I'd say that only the dub is missing. The Extended remix only has a short ringing at the end mixed, which can be replaced with the vinyl version without any noticeable difference. It’s just half a second

1 hour ago, Rosita The chihuahua said:

Does anyone have any useful information about what the topic covers? Does anyone know the next release?

Beyond Causing A Commotion this Friday?  I doubt anyone knows but if we could guess it's probably True Blue in early October.  We could also get lucky and get Holiday on September 7th but there haven't been any signs of a Holiday single via YouTube copyright.  I also think we already have all the versions on streaming spread across FEL, Celebration, Madonna, You Can Dance, You Can Dance Single Edits, etc. no?

1 hour ago, luckypierre78 said:

Beyond Causing A Commotion this Friday?  I doubt anyone knows but if we could guess it's probably True Blue in early October.  We could also get lucky and get Holiday on September 7th but there haven't been any signs of a Holiday single via YouTube copyright.  I also think we already have all the versions on streaming spread across FEL, Celebration, Madonna, You Can Dance, You Can Dance Single Edits, etc. no?

The 7" Version on FEL is not the original 7" Edit but actually an alternate version.

14 minutes ago, MPowered said:

The 7" Version on FEL is not the original 7" Edit but actually an alternate version.

I'd say that both come from the same original source, but the final version sent for the 7'' release was faded out early. They probably made a mistake on Finally Enough Love and used the original edit without the fade-out instead of the final 7'' version.

6 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

I'd say that both come from the same original source, but the final version sent for the 7'' release was faded out early. They probably made a mistake on Finally Enough Love and used the original edit without the fade-out instead of the final 7'' version.

Possibly but they didn’t use the FEL versions on any of the single re-issues. So there is a chance we're getting Holiday’s original 7" Edit anyway.

2 minutes ago, MPowered said:

Possibly but they didn’t use the FEL versions on any of the single re-issues. So there is a chance we're getting Holiday’s original 7" Edit anyway.

I'm not sure if I understood you correctly; there are many versions of Finally Enough Love in the singles re-issues (Express Yourself, Fever, Vogue, etc, etc, etc).

35 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

I'm not sure if I understood you correctly; there are many versions of Finally Enough Love in the singles re-issues (Express Yourself, Fever, Vogue, etc, etc, etc).

Really? I think a bunch of the recent ones used mixes from a different source.

2 hours ago, club78boy said:

I will be happy to have nice, clean versions of the Dub and Movie House Mix!

Those German CD singles from 1995 were muffled and distorted.

Also hoping to get nice and clean versions of those!

They have uploaded tracks from the German Yellow CD Singles in the past (or at least from the same masters)...

5 hours ago, MPowered said:

I don’t think they would include that cause they already released the YCD Single Edits EP.

The b-sides on most versions of the single were:

I Know It & Love Don't Live Here Anymore

Both of these are rather pointless but the single deserves to be on streaming. Preferably with the Movie House Edit!

Yes, the single for Spotlight had Where's The Party as b-side.

I can see this with the silver screen mix impostor as second track 

1. The Look Of Love (Edit Or Album Version) 

2. Causing A Commotion (Movie House Edit) 

3. Jimmy Jimmy (Fade) 

Dream..

10 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

I can see this with the silver screen mix impostor as second track 

1. The Look Of Love (Edit Or Album Version) 

2. Causing A Commotion (Movie House Edit) 

3. Jimmy Jimmy (Fade) 

Dream..

But it's a good idea. I seriously doubt they will do it, but if they were clever, they could release the promo singles along with some  edits that haven't been released yet, using them as a way to entice fans to buy.