Single Reissues Campaign - Causing a Commotion - OUT NOW

New_Boy

I wonder why no more release radar for them - was it costing money they didn't get back through streaming revenue so didn't consider it beneficial? 

What have I missed - did Papa Don't Preach come out?

2 minutes ago, Jackie said:

I wonder why no more release radar for them - was it costing money they didn't get back through streaming revenue so didn't consider it beneficial? 

What have I missed - did Papa Don't Preach come out?

No, getting into Release Radar is free, you don't need to pay, but the release needs to be marked as "new" with a current date.

I guess is just laziness on Warner's part to not have to fix the date later.

Yes, "Papa" out today!

• ChrisK changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Papa Don't Preach - OUT NOW
2 hours ago, steady75 said:

Not many left to drop now so I think we'll be done in 20 weeks / 5 months. Thank god.

This Used To Be My Playground - Jun 16, 1992
Who's That Girl - Jun 23, 1987
Dress You Up - Jul 24, 1985 
Causing A Commotion - Aug 25, 1987

Holiday - Sep 7, 1983 
True Blue -  Oct 9, 1986 (US)
Die Another Day - Oct 22, 2002 
Like A Virgin - Oct 31, 1984
Open Your Heart - Nov 12, 1986

Probably remain unreleased

• Into The Groove
  • Live To Tell
  • The Look Of Love
  • You Must Love Me
  • Oh Father
  • Dear Jessie

Then they just need the release dates and albums / singles sorted and her team can focus on something else. I think the video thing is dead tbh when the hell was the last one? Power Of Goodbye?

Live To Tell could be coming on the 30th of June. That one won’t stay unreleased and neither will the other ones except MAYBE The Look Of Love & Into The Groove.

They have released singles that had nothing on the tracklist that wasn’t on streaming yet. They don’t care about only releasing stuff that has exclusive tracks.

3 minutes ago, MaDöner Kebab said:

Live To Tell could be coming on the 30th of June. That one won’t stay unreleased and neither will the other ones except MAYBE The Look Of Love & Into The Groove.

They have released singles that had nothing on the tracklist that wasn’t on streaming yet. They don’t care about only releasing stuff that has exclusive tracks.

Or true blue in the 30! Maybe

3 hours ago, steady75 said:

Yeah we're at the point where it's just basic uploads at this point with no effort. Oh well. The extras were nice while they lasted. At least the artworks will be there which is lovely. I'd have loved the edit but I imagine they're gonna keep some of these for future greatest hits collections. 

Isn't the Barcelona gold edit a compilation edit and so they are not considered for CD Maxi's and Digital Releases 

Same as the Movie Versions that are not getting released? Is there one official promo edit or something that I am missing apart of these ones 

Even though I agree with your post and the Papa Don't Preach single could have the edit but it's ok 

51 minutes ago, MaDöner Kebab said:

They already skipped the Live to tell anniversary and I doubt the would release it on the 30th (what's the sense anyway?).

The only single that had nothing new on the tracklist was Material Girl and that I hope it only means that is because they are working on a Like A Virgin reissue... since it has a 2024 remaster....

20 minutes ago, Erotico said:

They already skipped the Live to tell anniversary and I doubt the would release it on the 30th (what's the sense anyway?).

The only single that had nothing new on the tracklist was Material Girl and that I hope it only means that is because they are working on a Like A Virgin reissue... since it has a 2024 remaster....

Why would they not release Live To Tell? There is no reason not to. If it’s not coming this year, it might come next year.

The 30th is the anniversary of the True Blue album. They skipped the Live To Tell anniversary for absolutely no reason but it’s possible they saved it for that date.

There is still the actual 7" Version that is exclusive to the single on it. It’s not the same case as with PDP where the 7" version was the album version and the Edit/Fade only being a rare version.

1 hour ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Or true blue in the 30! Maybe

True Blue's US single anniversary is in October. I think it’s more likely we’re getting it then and Live To Tell this month to make up for the skip.

Let Down Your Guard and Fighting Spirit would be lovely additions to streaming. Not sure we will ever get Super Pop and Broken as they were ICON exclusives.

8 hours ago, survivalartist said:

So that leaves Let Down Your Guard as the only official b-side not on streaming right? I don't count Ring My Bell bc that's an album extra not a single extra. 

Ring My Bell is available on streaming (I think not in the US currently?) and actually was a b-side as well :D

https://www.discogs.com/release/1443298-Madonna-4-Minutes-Give-It-2-Me

Do we think eventually all of her singles will be on streaming with the original artwork ie like Material Girl? Even if the tracks are already available digitally, ie we would get Like A Virgin with the album version, Extended Remix, Stay, etc? My only wish is that they hadn't gone down the anniversary route, it's really stifled the roll out. Other acts have just released them all at once or on a weekly basis.

1 hour ago, rlittler81 said:

Do we think eventually all of her singles will be on streaming with the original artwork ie like Material Girl? Even if the tracks are already available digitally, ie we would get Like A Virgin with the album version, Extended Remix, Stay, etc? My only wish is that they hadn't gone down the anniversary route, it's really stifled the roll out. Other acts have just released them all at once or on a weekly basis.

I do hope so for the chronological artwork alone. It's such a part of her history and really is something that enhanced being a fan. To miss Dear Jessie, The Look Of Love, Live To Tell, Holiday artwork on streaming would be such a shame. This is history people. 

16 hours ago, Jackie said:

Wow. So I wonder why they changed strategy - surely, if it's free, releasing something onto release radar can only be beneficial to you. 

They want to keep the "Latest release" slot for Popular

2 hours ago, steady75 said:

I do hope so for the chronological artwork alone. It's such a part of her history and really is something that enhanced being a fan. To miss Dear Jessie, The Look Of Love, Live To Tell, Holiday artwork on streaming would be such a shame. This is history people. 

Live To Tell with the edit and Holiday with the original 7" and the 12" hopefully reinstated on the album would be cool.

The Look Of Love and Dear Jessie are very niche limited releases that I can't see being done. Also the Maxi singles don't offer anything in particular that we don't already have and the parts for all intents and purposes are available. But I don't know what their plan is. 

17 hours ago, MaDöner Kebab said:

Why would they not release Live To Tell? There is no reason not to. If it’s not coming this year, it might come next year.

The 30th is the anniversary of the True Blue album. They skipped the Live To Tell anniversary for absolutely no reason but it’s possible they saved it for that date.

There is still the actual 7" Version that is exclusive to the single on it. It’s not the same case as with PDP where the 7" version was the album version and the Edit/Fade only being a rare version.

True Blue's US single anniversary is in October. I think it’s more likely we’re getting it then and Live To Tell this month to make up for the skip.

Wikipedia has the True Blue single as being released September 10th instead of October 9th.  Is this a case of date formatting where the us uses MM/DD vs the rest of the world's DD/MM? 

I also see True Blue entering the Billboard Hot 100 on October 4, 1986 so I think September is the right date?

53 minutes ago, prunejuicehugo said:

They should just consider dropping the rest of the True Blue singles on the album’s anniversary this month and get those over with already. 

It's not the album round anniversary this year, it turns 38... Like a Virgin singles should have priority as it gets 40 in November and we still need Dress you up, Like a virgin and maybe Into the groove and Crazy for you...

6 hours ago, BoyToyMark said:

Live To Tell with the edit and Holiday with the original 7" and the 12" hopefully reinstated on the album would be cool.

The Look Of Love and Dear Jessie are very niche limited releases that I can't see being done. Also the Maxi singles don't offer anything in particular that we don't already have and the parts for all intents and purposes are available. But I don't know what their plan is. 

I agree with The Look Of Love but Dear Jessie has the faded version on the single that removes the blended outro with Oh Father.

4 hours ago, luckypierre78 said:

Wikipedia has the True Blue single as being released September 10th instead of October 9th.  Is this a case of date formatting where the us uses MM/DD vs the rest of the world's DD/MM? 

I also see True Blue entering the Billboard Hot 100 on October 4, 1986 so I think September is the right date?

I think one is the UK and the other the US release date. I believe that True Blue wasn't released as a single in the US until October. The song wasn’t considered for a single release originally. Open Your Heart was supposed to be third single.