Single Reissues Campaign - Causing a Commotion - OUT NOW

New_Boy

6 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

Wowww, this is amazing!! Fans say what they want, but this is for sure because of the deal with Warner. Her music is getting more exposure, even the old hits are returning and increasing streamings like never before! 

Xic, given I've already taken my pills of the morning, would you mind if I derailed this thread as I'm used to do to ask you a simple question, which is off topic anyways? Now I feel ashamed of having asked you that...

Well, at least by doing that, this will answer me another whole different question, that's as important to me to know as the former one...

Well, the digital release of WTG proved a success:

Madonna Scores A New Top 10 Hit With One Of Her Oldest Singles
Madonna is back on the Billboard charts in America this week. The pop superstar doesn’t have new music out, though. One of the Grammy winner’s oldest tracks has become a smash all over again on a ranking it’s never reached before, earning the singer another hit.
“Who’s That Girl” debuts on the Dance/Electronic Digital Song Sales chart this time around. The tune is new at No. 9, instantly giving Madonna another appearance inside the all-important top 10 on the list of the bestselling dance and electronic tunes in the nation.
Madonna earns her eighth top 10 as “Who’s That Girl” arrives. The tally was introduced long after the singer became a household name, which partially explains why her total number of smashes on the roster isn’t much higher.

image.png.d72378336385e69d794199ad603d37f0.png

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2024/07/23/madonna-scores-a-new-top-10-hit-with-one-of-her-oldest-singles/

23 minutes ago, missberic said:

Madonna is back on the Billboard charts in America this week. The pop superstar doesn’t have new music out, though. One of the Grammy winner’s oldest tracks has become a smash all over again on a ranking it’s never reached before, earning the singer another hit.
“Who’s That Girl” debuts on the Dance/Electronic Digital Song Sales chart this time around. The tune is new at No. 9, instantly giving Madonna another appearance inside the all-important top 10 on the list of the bestselling dance and electronic tunes in the nation.
Madonna earns her eighth top 10 as “Who’s That Girl” arrives. The tally was introduced long after the singer became a household name, which partially explains why her total number of smashes on the roster isn’t much higher.

image.png.d72378336385e69d794199ad603d37f0.png

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2024/07/23/madonna-scores-a-new-top-10-hit-with-one-of-her-oldest-singles/

I can only imagine how Causing a Commotion will peak on this chart once it gets reissued...

6 hours ago, nito84bcn said:

Wowww, this is amazing!! Fans say what they want, but this is for sure because of the deal with Warner. Her music is getting more exposure, even the old hits are returning and increasing streamings like never before! 

Here here!  She may not be moving mountains like in her hey day, but with this and now Like A Prayer being talked about all over the media, this is definitely a good sign her back catalog is getting some love. As much as I enjoy, "Popular", I must admit that it annoys me how that song surpassed all her own solo songs on Spotify.  Songs like Like a Prayer, Holiday and Vogue all need to be her topped played songs (among many others).  :luv:

2 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

See, Rhino? Now is time to release "It's that Girl" on CD.

EMILY!!!!! FOR YESTERDAY!!!! STOP PRINTING RITTS' POSTERS AND UPLOAD THIS RN!!! FUCK OFF WITH "MADONNA SAID NOOOOOO!!!"

EDIT: I guess I have at least my second question from my reply to @nito84bcnanswered, let me retribute his lovely courtesy as soon as I speak!! Adéu nen!!!!

2 hours ago, Anapausis said:

EMILY!!!!! FOR YESTERDAY!!!! STOP PRINTING RITTS' POSTERS AND UPLOAD THIS RN!!! FUCK OFF WITH "MADONNA SAID NOOOOOO!!!"

EDIT: I guess I have at least my second question from my reply to @nito84bcnanswered, let me retribute his lovely courtesy as soon as I speak!! Adéu nen!!!!

This is the kind of energy we need to talk to the walls at Rhino - no sorry the employees 

8 hours ago, missberic said:

wvTnyUb.gif

We should have Cherish next Thursday, which is exciting! As the 7" Version has been copyrighted. Something like:

1. Cherish - 7" Version

2. Cherish - Extended Mix

3. Supernatural

On 7/25/2024 at 8:45 AM, animalinstinct said:

For fucks sake Emily. Where is ‘Dress You Up’?

Funny we didn't get Dress You Up considering a few years ago the Formal 12" was right there haha.

Disappointing no Dress You Up now but sorta makes sense they go through w/Cherish next week as they’re putting the focus on Like A Prayer song and album.

As unremarkable as the LAP silver is I think they should have waited til next week to announce it to really reap whatever benefits are coming from the movie exposure.

37 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

Disappointing no Dress You Up now but sorta makes sense they go through w/Cherish next week as they’re putting the focus on Like A Prayer song and album.

As unremarkable as the LAP silver is I think they should have waited til next week to announce it to really reap whatever benefits are coming from the movie exposure.

I think they should upload a new 35th anniversary deluxe version to streaming and remove the other one. One that curated a bit better and with the original cover. Now that people will have a new interest in it.

1. Like A Prayer
  2. Express Yourself
  3. Love Song
  4. Till Death Do Us Part
  5. Promise To Try
  6. Cherish
  7. Dear Jessie
  8. Oh Father
  9. Keep It Together
  10. Spanish Eyes
  11. Act Of Contrition
  12. Supernatural
  13. Like A Prayer - 12" Dance Mix
  14. Express Yourself - Non-Stop Express Mix
  15. Cherish - Extended Version
  16. Keep It Together - 12" Remix

13 hours ago, BoyToyMark said:

I think they should upload a new 35th anniversary deluxe version to streaming and remove the other one. One that curated a bit better and with the original cover. Now that people will have a new interest in it.

1. Like A Prayer
  2. Express Yourself
  3. Love Song
  4. Till Death Do Us Part
  5. Promise To Try
  6. Cherish
  7. Dear Jessie
  8. Oh Father
  9. Keep It Together
  10. Spanish Eyes
  11. Act Of Contrition
  12. Express Yourself - Local Mix Edit 
  13. Like A Prayer - 7" Dance Edit
  14. Express Yourself - Video Remix
  15. Like A Prayer - 7" Version with Fade
  16. Keep It Together - Dub
  17. Keep It Together - 7" Remix
  18. Keep It Together - Bonus Beats
  19. Like A Prayer - Fade

Or add the missing streaming tracks like this

1 hour ago, BoyToyMark said:

1. Like A Prayer
  2. Express Yourself
  3. Love Song
  4. Till Death Do Us Part
  5. Promise To Try
  6. Cherish
  7. Dear Jessie
  8. Oh Father
  9. Keep It Together
  10. Spanish Eyes
  11. Act Of Contrition
  12. Supernatural
  13. Like A Prayer - 12" Dance Mix
  14. Express Yourself - Non-Stop Express Mix
  15. Cherish - Extended Version
  16. Keep It Together - 12" Remix

Agree! It’s so wonky that the 30th anniv one is randomly missing a couple album tracks.

55 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

Agree! It’s so wonky that the 30th anniv one is randomly missing a couple album tracks.

Yeah it's more a playlist than an actual edition. And the album versions themselves are also not there. I'm here for the idea, just badly executed. Also having good quality artwork so the album doesn't look aged.

Having the Cherish single and potentially the Oh Father single uploaded will also help.

5 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Or add the missing streaming tracks like this

I definitely prefer yours but I would remove Supernatural to keep something exclusive to the Cherish single. The anniversary editions should cover all the stuff that was left off the singles in addition to other stuff like outtakes and/or demos.