Single Reissues Campaign - Causing a Commotion - OUT NOW

New_Boy

5 hours ago, MPowered said:

There was absolutely no point to release these stupid True Blue and Like A Prayer releases, especially cause they were seemingly going for all singles on streaming anyway.

Haven't they done it to check interest in Madonna's back catalogue? It always seemed to me that way.

@Aiwa08 I am just amused of how @MPowered is faithful to his taste in everything. If he doesn't like something, he'll hate it for the remainer of his life. Sometimes I'd like to have this "I never look back" mentality, it'd be much more comfortable to me and my tired mind.

And, to answer your question, I am MORE THAN HAPPY to every single maxi being reissued on streamings. Just let the dogs bark and that's all!!!

5 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

Am I the only one who is happy with the reissues of Madonna's singles on streaming? Because many of them are hard to find new and are out of print. This is the only time all of her singles have been re-released (excluding the Japanese box and the yellow CDs).

I agree. While not perfect, this has definitely been good overall as an accessible archive. 

7 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

Am I the only one who is happy with the reissues of Madonna's singles on streaming? Because many of them are hard to find new and are out of print. This is the only time all of her singles have been re-released (excluding the Japanese box and the yellow CDs).

Nope.  I am enjoying it as well.  They're doing a pretty decent job in updating the streaming/digital catalog.  I also love how they are spreading it out because it helps keep her streaming active.  Eventually, they will have all the songs up and then we'll be left only waiting for new stuff which probably isn't gonna occur as much as it used to.  40+ years of a fantastic work from an Icon!!

7 hours ago, Cyberraga said:

Haven't they done it to check interest in Madonna's back catalogue? It always seemed to me that way.

2019.03.21 - Like A Prayer (30th Anniversary)

2020.06.23 - Human Nature
2020.08.07 - Vogue
2020.08.28 - Music
2020.09.18 - Hanky Panky
2020.10.23 - Erotica
2020.10.30 - Secret
2020.12.04 - Justify My Love
2020.12.11 - Rescue Me

2021.03.05 - Like A Prayer
2021.03.12 - Frozen
2021.03.19 - Love Don't Live Here Anymore (Remix EP) CANCELLED
2021.03.19 - Bedtime Story
2021.03.26 - Fever (incl. Bad Girl) [Remix EP] CANCELLED
2021.04.16 - What It Feels Like For A Girl
2021.05.07 - Express Yourself
2021.05.21 - Beautiful Stranger
2021.07.30 - True Blue (35th Anniversary Edition)

The Like A Prayer one, yes. The one for True Blue came out after they had already started releasing those very comprehensive singles with rare promo versions. So yeah the True Blue one was VERY pointless and it’s essentially what has been keeping us from getting those singles earlier.

After Finally Enough Love we started getting patchy tracklists again. 

16 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

No! I‘m very happy they are being made available. I just think there is a lack of quality control and we all could have done a much better job than the person/people currently working on this campaign.

It's quite striking how they seemingly have a lack of source material, so they have to upscale low quality single artwork for example. But these are just complaints from a collector. It’s great to see them become available to the general public who won’t care about these details.

I personally just care about getting my hands on stuff that hasn’t been available from digital source previously. That’s what I‘m looking forward to the most!

1 hour ago, Would You Like To Try said:

When you put a local file in your playlist it will appear as normal and if you have other devices with the same file and it detects it it will appear the same on it 

@steady75did you know about this?

I use iTunes match for that purpose but I don’t like doing that on Spotify. Way too messy and confusing for me personally.

1 hour ago, Anapausis said:

Now I realize!!! @MPowered you've been always a Hard Candy stan!!! When I talked to you first time here on forum, you were wearing a M-Boxingdolla avi too...

...and I have to agree to you, Heartbeat and Voices ALONE shit on every Erotten song!

You are wrong again haha.

The boxing theme just matches the username imo.

It’s also one of those eras that I think had potential that was never fully used and I just have A LOT of photoshoots from that era sitting in my MEGA drive. 👀

The album is alright. It’s better than MDNA & MX for sure.

6 hours ago, steady75 said:

Yeah I just wish Spotify would give you some free storage space to upload your local files so they’re accessible from any device rather than having to have it on each device. It’s 2024. I pay for Premium too. 

It's also worth mentioning that the Spotify videos system should be out now in U.K and if you update your app it should appear, meaning that you will get the video edits for most songs 

On 7/26/2024 at 12:48 AM, MadonnaDave said:

I wish they’d done digital alternative versions of all the Warner albums. TB and LAP at least got us some remixes and extended versions (and Supernatural!) on streaming way sooner than the digital singles. We would have had the Dress You Up 12” mix, Ain’t No Big Deal, Let Down Your Guard (??) all much earlier 

Actually this is what the should have done:

- Remove the old remastered versions, especially those with the messed up/incorrect song versions

- Replace them all with the original album masters

- Start releasing the singles in 2019 instead of waiting A WHOLE FUCKING YEAR after LAP 30

We would have all of them by now. The “expanded” and “anniversary editions” along with Finally Enough Love are precisely what dragged out this whole campaign and made the single releases patchy and incomplete.

There is a whole release time line in the pinned post.

13 minutes ago, MPowered said:

Actually this is what the should have done:

- Remove the old remastered versions, especially those with the messed up/incorrect song versions

- Replace them all with the original album masters

- Start releasing the singles in 2019 instead of waiting A WHOLE FUCKING YEAR after LAP 30

We would have all of them by now. The “expanded” and “anniversary editions” along with Finally Enough Love are precisely what dragged out this whole campaign and made the single releases patchy and incomplete.

There is a whole release time line in the pinned post.

LAP 30 in 2019 was just a test, probably to check results her and her team and potential on streaming. It worked well.

She didn't fully go back to Warner until 2020, when the first digital single ("Human Nature") was released, and then announced officially in 2021.