Single Reissues Campaign - Causing a Commotion - OUT NOW

New_Boy

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

LAP 30 in 2019 was just a test, probably to check results her and her team and potential on streaming. It worked well.

She didn't fully go back to Warner until 2020, when the first digital single ("Human Nature") was released, and then announced officially in 2021.

I know but in that case, getting rid of LAP 30 when they changed the plans would have been smarter. Especially, since there is likely an actual re-release happening anyway.

34 minutes ago, MPowered said:

I know but in that case, getting rid of LAP 30 when they changed the plans would have been smarter. Especially, since there is likely an actual re-release happening anyway.

I don't like "LAP 30" that much or "True Blue 35th", but they're just anniversary digital editions, just like any other big artist has different editions for some albums. Maybe they'll stay even when/if proper expanded reissues come in the future. They're harmless.

34 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I don't like "LAP 30" that much or "True Blue 35th", but they're just anniversary digital editions, just like any other big artist has different editions for some albums. Maybe they'll stay even when/if proper expanded reissues come in the future. They're harmless.

They were the reason some of the singles were released with incomplete tracklists though, so I don’t really know about harmless.

9 hours ago, MPowered said:

They were the reason some of the singles were released with incomplete tracklists though, so I don’t really know about harmless.

You're mixing concepts. If anything, the (upcoming?) future expanded reissues are the reason cause they're saving some goodies for them, now two digital-only anniversary editions.

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

You're mixing concepts. If anything, the (upcoming?) future expanded reissues are the reason cause they're saving some goodies for them, now two digital-only anniversary editions.

They can’t fit all the remixes left-off from Bedtime Stories and Erotica on one disc. 😅 I really don’t think they are gonna put all of them on the expanded versions. It’s just not realistic.

Some were left off because they were included on FEL.

5 minutes ago, MPowered said:

They can’t fit all the remixes left-off from Bedtime Stories and Erotica on one disc. 😅 I really don’t think they are gonna put all of them on the expanded versions. It’s just not realistic.

Of course. Madonna will choose the ones she likes the most and that's it. Hence curated reissues. 

6 hours ago, MPowered said:

Some were left off because they were included on FEL.

Garbage is the perfect example of what I'd want...standard, deluxe, digital super deluxe. Standard could have basically what is on the 30th digital release (full album ofcourse), deluxe could be a nice box set with photo cards and a book with a second disc of unreleased songs like Angels..., First there's a Kiss, etc while Super Deluxe Digital could have more demos, unreleased remixes etc basically anything and everything.

4 hours ago, Alpha said:

Garbage is the perfect example of what I'd want...standard, deluxe, digital super deluxe. Standard could have basically what is on the 30th digital release (full album ofcourse), deluxe could be a nice box set with photo cards and a book with a second disc of unreleased songs like Angels..., First there's a Kiss, etc while Super Deluxe Digital could have more demos, unreleased remixes etc basically anything and everything.

Yes Garbage have really done a good job with their deluxe editions on streaming. But there are still gaps even then. I’ve been wishing for Vow (Torn Apart) on streaming for years and was so disappointed they didn’t include it on the first album super deluxe. We just have to accept that we will never get everything we want 😆 

3 minutes ago, Veronica-Electronica said:

Yes Garbage have really done a good job with their deluxe editions on streaming. But there are still gaps even then. I’ve been wishing for Vow (Torn Apart) on streaming for years and was so disappointed they didn’t include it on the first album super deluxe. We just have to accept that we will never get everything we want 😆 

Omg yes that is true. There was also a remix of Subhuman left off too BUT to be fair to them, some things had been lost or ruined so i think the remixes on there try to replicate those original ones. Supposedly that's why alot of demos and stuff werent on Version 2.0 and why they had to re-record You Look So Fine (its not the original version). I was pretty disappointed with the Bleed Like Me release. That one was so bare bones but i got the feeling they held alot of animosity towards it.

Definitely never going to get everything. I actually don't need that personally. I'm happy with mainly already released material. I just hope anything on the reissues is curated in a tidy manner. 

The singles so far have been pretty great overall. I've certainly loved having these mixes available again. It's wild to think that in the last year we've actually been able to stream the original single versions of the majority of her singles. In a couple days we will have all 7" mixes of the Like A Prayer singles for the first time ever.

5 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Once again if anyone is willing to give the tracklist now or give us info regarding if it has the Movie House Edit and Jimmy Jimmy they are welcome

I have no insider info but I imagine the Causing A Commotion track-list will be

1. Silver Screen Single Mix
  2. Silver Screen Mix
  3. Dub Version
  4. Movie House Mix

Just to avoid disappointment re: the Movie House Edit

But just a guess. They may surprise us! :)

1 hour ago, BoyToyMark said:

I have no insider info but I imagine the CAC track-list will be

1. Silver Screen Single Mix
  2. Silver Screen Mix
  3. Dub Version
  4. Movie House Mix

Just to avoid disappointment re: the Movie House Edit

But just a guess. They may surprise us! :)

My dream would be:

1. Causing A Commotion - Silver Screen Single Mix
2. Causing A Commotion - Silver Screen Mix
3. Causing A Commotion - Movie House Edit
4. Causing A Commotion - Movie House Mix
5. Causing A Commotion - Dub
6. Jimmy Jimmy - Fade

But I think it’s gonna be this:

1. Causing A Commotion
2. Causing A Commotion - Silver Screen Single Mix
3. Causing A Commotion - Silver Screen Mix  
4. Causing A Commotion - Movie House Mix
5. Causing A Commotion - Dub

On 7/27/2024 at 6:45 PM, Would You Like To Try said:

Not remove it but better hide it from her page

Thank you very much mi amigo querido!! My champagne rosé beauty doesn't need to be erradicated from the face of Earth like an extinct disease, because

To share is precious, pure and fair

And @MPowered, I TRULY hope whatever expanded reissue edition Rhino has in mind for LAP, they keep my lovely CHAMPAGNE ROSÉ colour to it!!! It embodies very well the "stigma" that figuratively and literally is attached to Madonna and her whole religious persona heavily found on LAP era!!!

Cause blood is thicker than any other

Circumstance, uh-uh!

20 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

I’m still annoyed the super deluxe cd of MX filled less than 15 minutes of a cd - what a waste - they could have included some instrumentals or maybe horror of horrors a demo song 😂

Oh Zig my gorgeous hyena, Japanese edition DOES include the Offer Nissim's Sphinx Remix of Medellín on Disc Two:

https://www.discogs.com/pt_BR/release/13756543-Madonna-Madame-X

Fine to you, sweet darlin'?