Single Reissues Campaign - Causing a Commotion - OUT NOW

New_Boy

It’s all very random, ignoring Dress You up, which includes tracks not already available on streaming, then giving us Cherish. The extended version of Cherish and Supernatural are available on LAP 30.

There’s been a lot of progress with getting the single discography out there, but it looks like this is going on for another year.

It would be nice if they issued Everybody with the original sleeve artwork and the tracks from the original US 12”

12 minutes ago, MadonnaDave said:

It’s all very random, ignoring Dress You up, which includes tracks not already available on streaming, then giving us Cherish. The extended version of Cherish and Supernatural are available on LAP 30.

There’s been a lot of progress with getting the single discography out there, but it looks like this is going on for another year.

It would be nice if they issued Everybody with the original sleeve artwork and the tracks from the original US 12”

Maybe she's presented with anniversary options left in advance and she picks the ones she feels like it?

"Let's give the gays Cherish next"

1 minute ago, Prayer said:

Maybe she's presented with anniversary options left in advance and she picks the ones she feels like it?

"Oh I feel like messing with the titles of all my songs to something cool and fit to these new times! What could it be? Borderline - Bordered Mix" lol

2 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Out in Apple Music NZ:

600x600cc-60.jpg

https://music.apple.com/nz/album/cherish-single/1759950137

Original mastering! (I think xd)

Most important thing about this issue:

WE DID IT @Would You Like To Try, CHAMPAGNE ROSÉ BEAUTY STAYS UNBOTHERED!!!

https://music.apple.com/nz/album/like-a-prayer-30th-anniversary-version/1456407485

Cry baby boy @MPowered!!!

33 minutes ago, Prayer said:

So a Cherish LIVE WHEN???

After been asked to perform it even during her Hillary Clinton petit tribute outdoors, does it mean she'll finally hear us????

So don't you underestimate my point of vieeewww!!!

@Roy the Cherish is the word I use to remind me of your love line should TRULY feature on madonna.com, the official poster for biopic and as the final sentence on biopic before credits!!!

#JusticeForCherish

And to quote another song:

Don't play with something

You should cherish for life, [Madonna] baby!

So here's whats left. Is there anything missing?

Causing A Commotion (8/25)  Single Mix, Silver Screen Mix, Movie House Mix, Dub?

True Blue (9/10) Remix/Edit, the Color Mix, instrumental?

You Must Love Me (10/21) Single version, orchestral version

Die Another Day (10/22) ton of remixes

Oh Father (10/24) 7" edit, Live to Tell (Live Edit from Ciao Italia)

Like A Virgin (10/31) LP version, extended

Open Your Heart (11/19) 7" remix, extended, dub

Crazy For You (3/2) LP version

Live To Tell (3/26) LP Version, edit, Instrumental

Dress You Up (7/24) LP version, 12" formal mix, remix/edit, casual instrumental mix

Holiday (9/7) LP version, Edit

Since they surprised us with the You Can Dance Single Edits promo, I'd love to have the Thunderpuss GHV2 Megamix (and I'm Going To Tell You A Secret) on streaming.

And @Karma I would also like to have Pre-Madonna back on streaming, but this time under Madonna's blessings and by Rhino Records!!!

And, uh, Confessions on A Dance Floor Non-Stop Mix back to Spotify and co would be a killer thing to do too, do you think the same?

6 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Right now I don't have access to my hard drive so I can't check something. Have the singles from True Blue been "remastered"?

"Papa" definitely. "La Isla" have doubts but I'd say it was also boosted.

And of that matter, "Who's That Girl" too. Everything pre-1989 has been touched except rare occasions like the "Angel" single.

Weird random thing I just noticed...

"Pray For Spanish Eyes" has been updated to just "Spanish Eyes" on every platform except for iTunes/Apple Music and Qobuz (if it's a recent change it may reflect later on those ones as well):

The glitch at 0:01 hasn't been fixed though.

Who knows why the title change.

Btw, @Prayer...

...My LAP CD printed back in 1993 back cover (first printing of LAP in CD here in Brazil afaik):

Screenshot_20240731_105009_Gallery.thumb.jpg.4703ec274d76ecac30e99d03379d2c1f.jpg 

while the back cover for the card sleeve of LAP right from the Madonna Original Album Series boxset from Brazil:

Screenshot_20240731_105035_Gallery.thumb.jpg.242d5353419da43c97df359df73280ae.jpg

(sorry for lightning but it's apex of morning here in Rio)

The things we live as Madonna stans...

11 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Btw, @Prayer...

...My LAP CD printed back in 1993 back cover (first printing of LAP in CD here in Brazil afaik):

Screenshot_20240731_105009_Gallery.thumb.jpg.4703ec274d76ecac30e99d03379d2c1f.jpg 

while the back cover for the card sleeve of LAP right from the Madonna Original Album Series boxset from Brazil:

Screenshot_20240731_105035_Gallery.thumb.jpg.242d5353419da43c97df359df73280ae.jpg

(sorry for lightning but it's apex of morning here in Rio)

The things we live as Madonna stans...

Yep, we know "Spanish Eyes" was used quite a lot, even the vinyl reissues have it:

https://www.discogs.com/es/release/15753155-Madonna-Like-A-Prayer

But this sudden change on streaming is weird. Probably doesn't mean anything, though.

1 hour ago, Karma said:

So here's whats left. Is there anything missing?

Causing A Commotion (8/25)  Single Mix, Silver Screen Mix, Movie House Mix, Dub?

True Blue (9/10) Remix/Edit, the Color Mix, instrumental?

Crazy For You (3/2) LP version

Another missing ones:

Causing a Commotion: Movie House Edit

True Blue: Edit 

Crazy for You: Edit