MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

“Madonna is reissuing LIKE A PRAYER this summer to celebrate the acclaimed album’s 35th anniversary. Pressed on opaque silver vinyl, it will be the second release from the Silver Collection, a series of limited-edition vinyl reissues celebrating 40 years of Madonna’s illustrious career. The Silver Collection debuted last year with True Blueand will continue to spotlight other Madonna albums in the coming months.”

Madonna has worked particularly hard for months personally curating just the right colour of silver for the vinyl.

Prison Bar Silver

"you can't get that shade anymore"

I think it’s still possible that they roll out some kind of deluxe/expanded issues in addition to these silver runs (or whatever color). They could be either exclusively digital, or if offered as physical, in limited runs aimed at fans.

Something like this silver w/poster is good to coincide w/the movie, and would have much more gp/casual fan appeal than a $100 multi disc edition. Of course her collector fans will love it too.

Look at FEL- the 2 disc highlights was shipped out to stores everywhere while the full version was done as limited runs targeted to fans.

That’s crossed my mind a few times. There are so many copies of her reissued albums in store record bins all over. They’re not going to have them shipped back and discarded. Any new/deluxe reissues would have to work around that.

11 minutes ago, RyanUK said:

With all due respect, unless you have something to back up your claims at this point,  can we stop the dangling of the carrot posts please. It is just going to cause frustration for people. 

Well. I think that InsideTheGroove is a reliable source, and that he's not lying when he says that Madonna's been working on the expanded editions this summer, and that they're going to announce somethign soon.

There's so much negativity here. I just hold on to the promise that we'll get something. I try to bring optimism to the thread, and I don't want to let people who've given up bring me down.

https://x.com/insidethegroove/status/1813491123517571360

Just now, Celebration said:

Well. I think that InsideTheGroove is a reliable source, and that he's not lying when he says that Madonna's been working on the expanded editions this summer, and that they're going to announce somethign soon.

There's so much negativity here. I just hold on to the promise that we'll get something. I try to bring optimism to the thread, and I don't want to let people who've given up bring me down.

I’m not trying to be negative, but it seems like people on the forum have been saying they think these boxsets are coming soon and nothing materialises. These sorts of posts get people’s hopes up and then are dashed like when today they announce a colour vinyl to celebrate 35 years of Like a Prayer. If they were serious about doing them they would have released one by now, or put a pre order out for Like a Virgin 40. They did nothing for the first milestone on the debut last year and I now can’t see anything “big” being released for any other anniversaries. Like I say, if they were going to release them, we would have had a brand new remaster for Like a Prayer 35. In my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, RyanUK said:

I’m not trying to be negative, but it seems like people on the forum have been saying they think these boxsets are coming soon and nothing materialises. These sorts of posts get people’s hopes up and then are dashed like when today they announce a colour vinyl to celebrate 35 years of Like a Prayer. If they were serious about doing them they would have released one by now, or put a pre order out for Like a Virgin 40. They did nothing for the first milestone on the debut last year and I now can’t see anything “big” being released for any other anniversaries. Like I say, if they were going to release them, we would have had a brand new remaster for Like a Prayer 35. In my opinion. 

Who said anything about anniversaries? That's just something people dreamed up.

Clearly, the first album wasn't ready for release last summer. ITG just said in my link that she's been working on the expanded reissues THIS summer. And like so many here have said, I too think that they're delayed because of Madonna's illness last summer.

I don't think these pointless "Silver Editions" have anything to do with the expanded reissues, more than to milk more money out of collectors who "needs" every single color under heaven in this endless stream of vinyl reissues.

The remix edition of American Life was released on RSD two years ago. TEN days later the pre-orders for FEL dropped out of nowhere. So I keep the faith. :)

15 minutes ago, Spanky1995 said:

Expanded editions will be for us Fans/Collectors 

Theses reissues are for everyone. The general public are not going to splash out on £200 boxset when they can get the album for £30

I think they're just for collectors. Casual fans stream the music.  I do with some other artists...

The silver editions are utterly pointless let's be honest. It's exactly the kind of thing Warner were at liberty to do BEFORE resigning with Madonna.  Ain't nothing to see her. If anything they take the element of something new out of any actual expended box set releases.

"oh another one" etc.

28 minutes ago, steady75 said:

The silver editions are utterly pointless let's be honest. It's exactly the kind of thing Warner were at liberty to do BEFORE resigning with Madonna.  Ain't nothing to see her. If anything they take the element of something new out of any actual expended box set releases.

"oh another one" etc.

I agree. They're all missing opportunities. Will get them some bucks here and there, but the big money is in the box sets.

EDIT:

Rhino's new IG post about "LAP" silver is full of negative comments and honestly I don't blame people for that:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C9xN8qipSzt/

We're tired of waiting. Time to wake up.

20 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I agree. They're all missing opportunities. Will get them some bucks here and there, but the big money is in the box sets.

EDIT:

Rhino's new IG post about "LAP" silver is full of negative comments and honestly I don't blame people for that:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C9xN8qipSzt/

We're tired of waiting. Time to wake up.

So true, and we all know how much Madonna likes to make money.

(The comments on IG are hopefully a wake-up call to them to stop messing around.)

10 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

I’m also still half expecting her to drop a “new” single version of LAP. Like a slightly remixed edit of the Immaculate version since that’s what seems to be in the trailer.

Would be nice but don't expect too much. Usually the music editors of films receive the full stems of the songs to play with them and adjust to the scenes or the trailer, but they're not official new versions to be released, just for use within the project.

A "Like A Prayer" 2024 digital EP with all the biggest versions and maybe yeah, a new "Deadpool" version would be a no brainer to capitalize on the movie boost, but... we know the BUT. M's team is sloooow.

More things around "LAP" left to do:

- The remastered video on YouTube: this is mandatory.

- Merging the "Celebration" and the album version streams on Spotify, would be above 400M already if so and her 2nd most streamed track ever (only after "Popular"). But they're still separate.

8 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Would be nice but don't expect too much. Usually the music editors of films receive the full stems of the songs to play with them and adjust to the scenes or the trailer, but they're not official new versions to be released, just for use within the project.

A "Like A Prayer" 2024 digital EP with all the biggest versions and maybe yeah, a new "Deadpool" version would be a no brainer to capitalize on the movie boost, but... we know the BUT. M's team is sloooow.

More things around "LAP" left to do:

- The remastered video on YouTube: this is mandatory.

- Merging the "Celebration" and the album version streams on Spotify, would be above 400M already if so and her 2nd most streamed track ever (only after "Popular"). But they're still separate.

Agree, and honestly I’m fine w/her not do something like that, and instead let the already available album/celebration and TIC versions reap the benefits of whatever boost the song gets. 

3 hours ago, RyanUK said:

I agree, sadly. If you read the press release from Rhino about the Like a Prayer Silver Vinyl release, I think it’s quite telling….

“Madonna is reissuing LIKE A PRAYER this summer to celebrate the acclaimed album’s 35th anniversary. Pressed on opaque silver vinyl, it will be the second release from the Silver Collection, a series of limited-edition vinyl reissues celebrating 40 years of Madonna’s illustrious career. The Silver Collection debuted last year with True Blueand will continue to spotlight other Madonna albums in the coming months.”

I think the fact that it states “limited edition vinyl reissues celebrating her 40 years and there will be more silver vinyls to come”…….says to me this is all we’re getting and maybe some exclusive merchandise on her website. If we were getting boxsets, they wouldn’t bother with this release, they would release a vinyl with a full 2024 remaster to celebrate 35 years of the album. I’m guessing Like a Virgin will be the next silver vinyl in time for the 40th anniversary. 

2 hours ago, Celebration said:

As you both know, I've been one member here who has tried to remain positive something was coming from these "Deluxe Expansive Re-Issues".   Many have told me to "shut up" and/or laughed at me or tried to shit on anything I said about it.  So this is far from me being negative.  And like @RyanUK and some pointed out, the fact this press statement mentions the "40th Anniversary" of her career and consider this a "re-issue" (which it is), it makes me wonder if they decided to scale it down with these sort of releases instead.  But no one here was expecting this is what the meant.  Maybe it's not what they meant?  Maybe something else is coming, but I am tired of defending this.  In no way, I want to come off like some 'negative Nancy', but I really was hoping something was coming from this, other than this. 

As for the "Insidethegroove" source. That guy is full of himself.  I wouldn't put too much faith in what he says.

If something more comes, great!  But I'm starting to think nothing is coming as "Expanded Re-issues".

2 hours ago, steady75 said:

Madonna has worked particularly hard for months personally curating just the right colour of silver for the vinyl.

Prison Bar Silver

"you can't get that shade anymore"

Demi Lovato Lol GIF by The Roku Channel

I... Cannot.. Anymore 

2 hours ago, RyanUK said:

Like at this point, Hard Candy repress (or reissue as they seem to call it all of a sudden) would be much better idea than this absolutely useless "silver" (it's GREY, Warner! We're not blind! ) copy of LAP

Yaaay, 35th anniversary! :sis:

11 minutes ago, Adonna said:

As you both know, I've been one member here who has tried to remain positive something was coming from these "Deluxe Expansive Re-Issues".   Many have told me to "shut up" and/or laughed at me or tried to shit on anything I said about it.  So this is far from me being negative.  And like @RyanUK and some pointed out, the fact this press statement mentions the "40th Anniversary" of her career and consider this a "re-issue" (which it is), it makes me wonder if they decided to scale it down with these sort of releases instead.  But no one here was expecting this is what the meant.  Maybe it's not what they meant?  Maybe something else is coming, but I am tired of defending this.  In no way, I want to come off like some 'negative Nancy', but I really was hoping something was coming from this, other than this. 

As for the "Insidethegroove" source. That guy is full of himself.  I wouldn't put too much faith in what he says.

If something more comes, great!  But I'm starting to think nothing is coming as "Expanded Re-issues".

Did I read that correctly? :)

I... I... Should I prepare to welcome you to our club of disappointers finally? We have been waiting for you for 3 years! 

1 minute ago, maddy1111 said:

Did I read that correctly? :)

I... I... Should I prepare to welcome you to our club of disappointers finally? We have been waiting for you for 3 years! 

No, I'm not going there. Too much negativity as it is.  I'm willing to admit my enthusiasm for this particular part of the deal has wavered, but the fact is, none of us knows what else is to come.  I'm just done defending it as I have. 

1 minute ago, Adonna said:

No, I'm not going there. Too much negativity as it is.  I'm willing to admit my enthusiasm for this particular part of the deal has wavered, but the fact is, none of us knows what else is to come.  I'm just done defending it as I have. 

Some call it negativity, some call it reality :fingerclick:

Never mind, I tried.. The club is now closed! 

7 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

Like at this point, Hard Candy repress (or reissue as they seem to call it all of a sudden) would be much better idea than this absolutely useless "silver" (it's GREY, Warner! We're not blind! ) copy of LAP

Yaaay, 35th anniversary! :sis:

For real!  I was lucky to actually have bought HARD CANDY Vinyl when it was first released.  I mentioned this sometime back, but I hadn't opened it until late last year.  I forgot I even owned it.  But when I started to rebuild my vinyl collection, this one was just so out of reach. Then I was checking Amazon and I came across a listing for a $200.00 + price tag for one, but Amazon had a note above the listing that I had previously purchased it back in 2008.  I was like "what"?  The thing is, I had moved since. Packed it away and never unpacked that box. I wasn't sure where I stored it, but after some digging, I found it.  I freaked out.  Eventually, I decided to open it up and play it.  Low and Behold, it sounded great.  I was shocked because I was expecting it would sound like crap on Vinyl.  It didn't.  It sounds better than some of the repressing of her older albums that came after.