MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

LAP 35th anniversary

What are we getting?

1) A vinyl with a different color and an exclusive poster, but same artwork, tracklist and same very known Herb Ritts photo poster.

2) An "exclusive" t-shirt with a very known photo as well

What are we still missing?

a pillow

a scented candle

a rosary

and an instagram story. 

No more HD videos upgrades for a long time, even her most iconic and controversial video: Like a Prayer. 

So, let's wait for the 40th anniversary.

Problably then we'll get a litography then :lol: and a playlist on Spotify missing a random track again (I hope they include Promise to Try next time and forget Act of Contrition)

Let's face it: we'll never get a good product like The Royal Box again. 

1 hour ago, bstranger said:

Problably then we'll get a litography then :lol: and a playlist on Spotify missing a random track again (I hope they include Promise to Try next time and forget Act of Contrition)

I can see them doing LAP 40th empty vinyl sleeve... Wait for it... In black and white ❤️

6 hours ago, Cyber-Raga said:

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91g6l5d4xclanq8bueru

M working on the LAV 40th anniversary release. . 

Traveling around the vinyl shops. Changing colors. Fighting for right shade. Bringing light to dark tint. She is a painter. An art teacher. A head of hue. A brushkeeper. A canvas. A colorist. Art student. Art mother. A drawing. A sketch. A pastel. A mural. A canvas. A spy in the house of Warner.

Madame Silver

(Masterpiece song playing in a background) 

8 hours ago, Adonna said:

Thank you!!  Exactly what I was getting at.  This is why I think we're gonna see more of this and it won't necessarily mean she had anything to do with.  I'm sure that had some leeway before this 2021 deal, but I'm assuming this new deal just open the door wider for them to do more without always seeking her approval.  Or maybe they agreed as a courtesy to give her a heads up or ask her about it.  But yeah, I think a lot of people forget the record label can release a lot of things without the artists approval or input.  It's just we know Madonna is known to push back, and I'm sure Warner knows that, so they probably worked out a compromise.  We need to get pass this idea that this 2021 deal is just about the "expanded re-issues" because it's far bigger than that, and it's obviously going to continue on for some years to come.  We also should keep in mind that the record label is all about making money, so of course they are going to dish out items that some fans will not care for.  :)

Sorry, wrong post

8 hours ago, Adonna said:

I know you are joking, but sometimes there's also an ounce of seriousness in what some say here.  With that being said, I guarantee you that Madonna did nothing other than give the "ok" to re-issue this Silver Vinyl LAP.  It obviously stems from the fact the title song has been used in the Deadpool and Wolverine film.  Any other time, these sort of re-issues are done by artists labels all the time.  Many artists don't even have much of a say.  My guess that since Madonna made a deal with Warner to bring together her whole catalog and curate things from it, we will definitely see an increase of merchandise and standard re-issues, etc., that doesn't necessarily need Madonna's input.  And to be clear, I am fully aware the deal also says she will be at the helm curating things too, but that didn't specify EVERYTHING.  As I and others have expressed before, this deal is BIGGER than just the "expanded/deluxe re-issues" mentioned.  It's all about housing her whole catalog and find new ways to get the public to re-experience it all.   Not only that, to make as much money from it as possible.  You can betcha we're gonna see an increase of merchandise and standard re-issues, especially capitalizing on the trends going on in the music world.  :)

I am only joking but I guess we will never agree on this topic  :)which is fine, we do not need to, that's why we have forums, it would be boring to just repeat same opinions

However, jokes aside, I only find it absolutely ridiculous to announce "expanded reissues" by Warner, then don't release a single one in 3 years (don't start please with FEL and digital singles, I am referring to an actual expanded album reissues that fans were excited about) and then even more start promoting a stupid silver vinyl as 35th (40th by Warner Australia!) anniversary album re-issue by Warner. 

According to my view, it's a complete mess there and Madonna deserves much better treatment. The fact is that most of the fans here are simply disappointed or rather let the idea of "re-issues" go a long time ago. 

... And I thought Warner deal cannot be worse than LiveNation deal, clearly it can. 

1 hour ago, RyanUK said:

Neil from MadonnaTribe has confirmed on their forum that the deluxe expanded sets are still going ahead and will be announced when they are ready for release! 

IMG_0968.thumb.png.51b6e1b78706d2858e27ebc3d0defd37.pngIMG_0970.thumb.png.59f62a1c10132746149b673ecb6be2e3.png

I told you! :)

Also. Edward had this to say just a few moments ago_

https://x.com/insidethegroove/status/1816822871693361179

Proper deluxe reissues ARE coming. When they’re finally announced, I’ll explain how I knew in advance.
In the meantime, these stop gap reissues are really tiresome.

3 hours ago, Celebration said:

I told you! :)

Also. Edward had this to say just a few moments ago_

https://x.com/insidethegroove/status/1816822871693361179

Proper deluxe reissues ARE coming. When they’re finally announced, I’ll explain how I knew in advance.
In the meantime, these stop gap reissues are really tiresome.

Hope has been restored! 😂🙌❤️

I know I'm on repeat but a 40th of her debut really would've been such a fun nostalgic re release and could've finally got her debut to a number 1 spot global charts too ....especially as we won't have a new album in such a long time still it would've been a great way to extend her record title for sure

As for Like a Prayer im ecstatic seeing the love for the album and I'm excited the song is used in Deadpool and wolverine so much....so hopefully streams will bring more awareness to the era 

2 minutes ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

I know I'm on repeat but a 40th of her debut really would've been such a fun nostalgic re release and could've finally got her debut to a number 1 spot global charts too ....especially as we won't have a new album in such a long time still it would've been a great way to extend her record title for sure

As for Like a Prayer im ecstatic seeing the love for the album and I'm excited the song is used in Deadpool and wolverine so much....so hopefully streams will bring more awareness to the era 

Keep the faith. Many artists release these anniversaries a year too late.

Cyndi Lauper: She's So Unusual was released in 1983, but the 30th anniversary was released in 2014.

Twisted Sister: Under The Blade was released in 1982, but the 40th anniversary was released in 2023

So there's still hope for "Madonna40". :)

I’m just hoping it’s delayed as part of a larger strategy to up her overall streaming and bring her back into the public consciousness in a more celebratory and less derisive way. Perhaps there will be more deals for her music like the Deadpool one, that will really introduce her music to a wider audience and affirm her as a legend. 

7 minutes ago, Celebration said:

Cyndi Lauper: She's So Unusual was released in 1983, but the 30th anniversary was released in 2014.

Twisted Sister: Under The Blade was released in 1982, but the 40th anniversary was released in 2023

I'm betting on LAV40. but there has been talk that both the first album and LAV could be combined somehow.  There is no doubt, that she and her team are finding ways to capitalize on her 40th Anniversary. Obviously, it's not as fan expected or as easy as some try to make it. The Celebration Tour and The Deadpool and Wolverine are definitely great ways to get things going, but we'll have to see what else comes of it.  There is no doubt the few merchandise releases of LAP is due to the Marvel film. They are using that to make a connection. It makes sense as Madonna always been about capitalizing on pop culture. It's all about getting the general public energized about her positively. So far she and her team is securing that.  

38 minutes ago, Adonna said:

I'm betting on LAV40. but there has been talk that both the first album and LAV could be combined somehow.  There is no doubt, that she and her team are finding ways to capitalize on her 40th Anniversary. Obviously, it's not as fan expected or as easy as some try to make it. The Celebration Tour and The Deadpool and Wolverine are definitely great ways to get things going, but we'll have to see what else comes of it.  There is no doubt the few merchandise releases of LAP is due to the Marvel film. They are using that to make a connection. It makes sense as Madonna always been about capitalizing on pop culture. It's all about getting the general public energized about her positively. So far she and her team is securing that.  

I'm sure that Virgin will get its own release. It's one of her most important albums, so a combination is in my opinion unlikely. 
The combination is a fan theory anyway, so I don't take that too seriousely.

I don't think it'll be called 40th anniversary, just deluxe edition. If we're gonna wait for every album to turn 40, half of us will be dead by Rebel Heart's 40th. 

I think (hope) the first deluxe will be released before the end of the year, and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if pre-orders will be made available on her birthday. 

19 minutes ago, Celebration said:

I'm sure that Virgin will get its own release. It's one of her most important albums, so a combination is in my opinion unlikely. 
The combination is a fan theory anyway, so I don't take that too seriousely.

I don't think it'll be called 40th anniversary, just deluxe edition. If we're gonna wait for every album to turn 40, half of us will be dead by Rebel Heart's 40th. 

I think (hope) the first deluxe will be released before the end of the year, and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if pre-orders will be made available on her birthday. 

LOL. no one was referencing the REBEL HEART album.  I am not saying every album reference will be due to the 40th.  I think some fans aren't making a connection. The LIKE A VIRGIN album was HUGE 40 years ago. It was bigger than her first album.  It was when she dominated.  LANDMARK!!!  1985 was a HUGE year for her, so 2025 very much could be the year she and her record label will recognize such. The whole "birthday" thing is based on a very few times she used it to announce something.  I wouldn't always count on that date as something official to be announced.

27 minutes ago, Adonna said:

LOL. no one was referencing the REBEL HEART album.  I am not saying every album reference will be due to the 40th.  I think some fans aren't making a connection. The LIKE A VIRGIN album was HUGE 40 years ago. It was bigger than her first album.  It was when she dominated.  LANDMARK!!!  1985 was a HUGE year for her, so 2025 very much could be the year she and her record label will recognize such. The whole "birthday" thing is based on a very few times she used it to announce something.  I wouldn't always count on that date as something official to be announced.

I remember the Virgin era. Her face was everywhere and her music was played all the time on the radio.

And regarding Rebel Heart. I was just making a little fun of all the people here who insists on all these anniversaries. 10th, 20th, 30th... It would just look messy. 

I hope that once the reissue program starts, we wil see two deluxe releases a year for a few years. 
Will every album get a super deluxe edition? We don't know. If a few of them don't get that, they'll probably just be released as remasters with a bonus disc or something. 

29 minutes ago, Celebration said:

I remember the Virgin era. Her face was everywhere and her music was played all the time on the radio.

You're absolutely right, that era was madness. News and music about her were everywhere all the time. It was impossible not to know her music and life back then because she was omnipresent. That was something that lasted more or less until the release of Erotica

I do wonder what is actually going on, big fan fare when it was announced - and yes, we've got lots of amazing gems (FEL, RSD, online streaming) - but expanded editions nothing - are they waiting for the biopic to come out before fully launching, or Madonna has moved on from that idea now (changed her mind). 

They're making this 35th LAP rather large considering it's just a silver vinyl and t-shirt so far - so can't see an expanded edition for that coming until 40th if at all.

The weird thing about Like A Virgin is that despite being her first huge moment it’s not what you would hail a great album. It’s a poor listen. Any added content will need to do a lot of the heavy lifting and by that I mean if Into The Groove and Crazy For You aren’t included it’s a bit of a wet blanket with only the two gimmicky singles Material Girl and Like A Virgin being real huge hitters. I adore Dress You Up and Angel but they’re not a GP draw. 

They really need to pitch it as the Like A Virgin era to make it feel like a  behemoth. 

Like A Virgin

Material Girl

Crazy For You

Angel

Into The Groove

Dress You Up

Gambler

Love Don’t Live Here Anymore

..feels worthy of it being the launchpad release. Otherwise they should lead with True Blue which is just iconic and insanely packed with her best singles run. 

10 hours ago, Celebration said:

I mean absolutely there's always time to celebrate it I just feel it would be on trend so many today are trying to recreate that post disco synthoop funk sound so the debut album would be on trend for sure! Promote borderline, holiday and lucky star and push out demos from pre debut and really revitalise that time for sure it would be and feel unreal and reminds that she was 24 by the time she finally got hits and got out there it took her 7 years of non stop grafting ....it's a great story to promote the album and get a few hundred thousand sales and keep her presence up would be iconic 

16 hours ago, Adonna said:

Haven't seen Dead pool and Wolverine yet but I hope LAP trends and boosts streams due to it ....it's a great new way to get different audiences xes into her legacy for sure I'm glad she's now reaching out and letting huge blockbusters use her music ! 

I was gutted that she didn't allow The Flash to use Ray of Light last summer that would've been insane fun 

16 hours ago, adirondak said:

I’m just hoping it’s delayed as part of a larger strategy to up her overall streaming and bring her back into the public consciousness in a more celebratory and less derisive way. Perhaps there will be more deals for her music like the Deadpool one, that will really introduce her music to a wider audience and affirm her as a legend. 

Why does she need to be in the “ public consciousness “ ?? People know she exists if they are a music fan - I dont understand all this talk on the forum that she needs to be introduced to tiktok tweens and get her streams up - she’s a legacy artist now no matter what fans  try and convince us other ways - she’s never gonna sell records or get streams as artists now in their 20s and 30s and after 40 years she doesn’t have to prove anything or compete with the billboard hot 100 posse - she should be catering now to her hardcore fan base now if you ask me