MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

It doesn’t mean anything, it’s only a code name they used for Madonna so the info doesn’t leak before the official announcement. They used it for LAP silver vinyl too. It’s not some Taylor Swift secret Easter egg hunt that we’re supposed to discover and dissect the meaning behind.

So that's why the Target US link for the Like A Prayer silver vinyl was saying the artist was "Susan Thomas."  Mystery solved.

4 hours ago, Prayer said:

But whatever! Bring on the "It's That Girl" cassette then! And someone rip it, please xd

If that's the case, she'd better release 'It's That Girl' on Ferro-Chrome (Type III) or Metal (Type IV) cassettes. If she releases it on Type I, we'll hear a lot of unbearable background noise...

I hate cassettes...

tenor.gif

13 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

tenor.gif

That boombox looked just like the one I had in the 80's, but it had two tape decks.  I do recall having some issues with some cassettes getting caught up in the player, but for the most part they still work fine even today.

7 minutes ago, Adonna said:

That boombox looked just like the one I had in the 80's, but it had two tape decks.  I do recall having some issues with some cassettes getting caught up in the player, but for the most part they still work fine even today.

Cassettes have given me many hours of joy, especially the Walkman, and I’ve had high-end cassette players. But I’ve always hated the sound, and I’ve spent a lot of time with a screwdriver trying to adjust the azimuth of each tape to make it sound as good as possible. As a collectible item, fine, I’ll buy it. But for listening, no, never—the cassette is a thing of the past for me.

1 minute ago, Aiwa08 said:

Cassettes have given me many hours of joy, especially the Walkman, and I’ve had high-end cassette players. But I’ve always hated the sound, and I’ve spent a lot of time with a screwdriver trying to adjust the azimuth of each tape to make it sound as good as possible. As a collectible item, fine, I’ll buy it. But for listening, no, never—the cassette is a thing of the past for me.

Yeah, I don't listen to my cassettes these days either. Though, a couple of years ago, I purchased this ALL IN ONE stereo systems, so I pulled out Madame X and Def Leppard's HYSTERIA and they actually sounded pretty decent.  When it comes to "physical" copies, my go to is Vinyls.  Though, when it comes to Madonna, I buy all the formats. :)

6 minutes ago, Adonna said:

Yeah, I don't listen to my cassettes these days either. Though, a couple of years ago, I purchased this ALL IN ONE stereo systems, so I pulled out Madame X and Def Leppard's HYSTERIA and they actually sounded pretty decent.  When it comes to "physical" copies, my go to is Vinyls.  Though, when it comes to Madonna, I buy all the formats. :)

My last collector item was the Erotica cassette a couple of months ago...

3 hours ago, vesalii said:

Another like a prayer variant:

Screenshot 2024-08-07 at 12.jpg

See this just shows all the concerns some of us have in the D&W topic about getting LAP to rechart as a single or its streaming #s to explode are futile bc she herself probably can’t be bothered w/all that. She‘s capitalizing on the movie feature to push more vinyl copies. Always the business woman!

1 hour ago, MikeyK said:

See this just shows all the concerns some of us have in the D&W topic about getting LAP to rechart as a single or its streaming #s to explode are futile bc she herself probably can’t be bothered w/all that. She‘s capitalizing on the movie feature to push more vinyl copies. Always the business woman!

I think it's sorta silly to fret over this. Obviously, they aren't just setting back and doing nothing.  After all, they took this moment to re-issue a Silver Vinyl due this exposure.  I know some are expressing, there is so much she can do, that will be easy.  But is it really?  And even if it is, how much money would they have to pour out to push it further?  And why should they have to when the song is being really pushed with a extremely popular film?  Also, it's not like the song isn't readily available everywhere.  It's easily accessible on any streaming and digital platform.  We can complain about some of the things like she should have updated the video to HD, but even with that, fans still will complain because like every other HD/4K updated, it's heavily scrutinize. 

I simply understand she's an astute business woman and it really makes sense to push something like this which I'm sure cost far less money, then properly updating her HD video, which won't really being in any money for her.  At least the Silver Vinyl will generate money.  We have to remember the record company is out to make money.  And Madonna is to.  I truly feel that she and her team are just letting the song organically be re-introduced to the public again.  Not force feeding it as that alone could easily backfire and annoy people.  Just look at the fans who are annoyed Bye Bye Bye which is obviously being forced fed to the public.  Lastly, the song was already a huge hit.  So whatever they do, they've already won with this song.  Anything extra is just nice to see an older song getting some love again.  Though, it's not like a song that ever forgotten.  It's still a highly popular Madonna song, most people recognize. 

I think sometimes we forget that this woman has a 40-year career and undoubtedly has a huge collection of demos, unreleased songs, remixes, and edits. But we’re fortunate that she still releases small albums with unreleased material, even if it’s in such an unconventional way.

As someone who has been a fan of other bands that lasted only a short time, it’s sad to see that, over 40 years, they’ve just released the same compilations a hundred times with the songs in different order and with different covers..

8 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

I think sometimes we forget that this woman has a 40-year career and undoubtedly has a huge collection of demos, unreleased songs, remixes, and edits. But we’re fortunate that she still releases small albums with unreleased material, even if it’s in such an unconventional way.

As someone who has been a fan of other bands that lasted only a short time, it’s sad to see that, over 40 years, they’ve just released the same compilations a hundred times with the songs in different order and with different covers..

This is true.  Many acts just keep regurgitating their big hits and that's it.  I mean; look at Mariah Carey who has released umpteen versions of her Christmas song and album.  Look how some fans get annoyed by that?  At least, Madonna is carefully selective with what she pushes out there regarding her back catalog.  She doesn't just allow her songs being re-issued a million times in a million different compilation albums or Greatest Hits.  I'm assuming a lot of it is because she prefers those songs to be found ONLY on the albums they originally were a part of.  She wants people to listen to the original albums, rather a zillion different versions, alternate tracks, versions etc.  I totally get that from an artist's point of view.  :)

11 hours ago, steady75 said:

Maybe releasing demos on vinyl only is her way of appeasing hardcore fans who want these things… but by having them only on physical, (and not digital and streaming), they won’t form part of, or muddy,  her prestige body of work as she envisaged it on the dominant platform of the day. Streaming. Sort of out of sight if you will. 

My thoughts exacly. 

"Wanna my demo? You gotta get it in a obscure way."

On 8/7/2024 at 11:41 AM, InterlacedGeek said:

I understand that they would start with the less interresting stuff ... And finish with LAP ... It makes sense. It would also make sense to start with a splash, end with a splash and fill the middle ...

This is going to be for RSD, a more “limited thing”. The deluxes are going to be available everywhere and not linked to a specific event. So they can still release a deluxe of LAV this fall AND the Bedtime vinyl. 

4 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

This is going to be for RSD, a more “limited thing”. The deluxes are going to be available everywhere and not linked to a specific event. So they can still release a deluxe of LAV this fall AND the Bedtime vinyl. 

Yep!  Though, it probably as "limited" being the AL MIXSHOW is still available, but your point still stands, because this is limited to Vinyl, while whatever Deluxe re-issue they come up with, will be released on multiple formats.  And you're right, they could release LAV Deluxe this fall as well.  A lot of artists are releasing multiple things at the same time anymore.  Cher has released several re-issues recently and is about to release a Greatest Hits as well.  I believe Mariah has released a few different re-issuees in a matter of months.  It seems the trend is now is just every few months flooding the market with various releases.

4 hours ago, Alpha said:

Are there any exclusive versions on It's That Girl or...is it just...album versions? Lol

From Discogs:

Mi5qcGVn.jpeg

"Some rare edits on this. Borderline is a special edit of the US remix, Open Your Heart is an edit of the extended remix, Angel is an edit of the 12" dance mix, La Isla Bonita is the original Remix edit found on the UK 7", True Blue is the exclusive UK 7" remix edit, Holiday the original 7" edit and Live To Tell the edit."

Ny5qcGVn.jpeg

5 hours ago, Alpha said:

Am i missing something? Is this a karen situation where we're bombarding Rhino with stupid sh*t!?!? I want something GOOD!!!!

Currently, 'It's That Girl' is one of the Madonna albums or compilations that classic fans are most eager to see released digitally. A vinyl release would also be appreciated because it only exists on cassette (it would be a perfect release for a future Record Store Day, in that case.).

1 hour ago, wtg1987 said:

Guys we are never going to get an ITG release - we have more chances of getting BA tour Paris footage - she doesn’t even like this era so the best we will ever get is a true blue expanded sometime next decade when she’s finished pissing us off with thee pointless vinyl exclusives 😢😥🤩

Maybe she starts doing golden vinyl editions instead of silver ones next decade :Madonna008: ... and we are still screwed 

4 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Guys we are never going to get an ITG release - we have more chances of getting BA tour Paris footage - she doesn’t even like this era so the best we will ever get is a true blue expanded sometime next decade when she’s finished pissing us off with thee pointless vinyl exclusives 😢😥🤩

She clearly likes the era since the first release on the new Warner release was the new Who‘s That Girl EP (with the It’s A Girl cover) and the working title of the biopic is Who’s That Girl. 

14 hours ago, Prayer said:

From Discogs:

Mi5qcGVn.jpeg

"Some rare edits on this. Borderline is a special edit of the US remix, Open Your Heart is an edit of the extended remix, Angel is an edit of the 12" dance mix, La Isla Bonita is the original Remix edit found on the UK 7", True Blue is the exclusive UK 7" remix edit, Holiday the original 7" edit and Live To Tell the edit."

Ny5qcGVn.jpeg

True Blue is available on spotify correct as well as Angel and La Isla Bonita? So it's just Borderline OYH and LTT. Probably pointless if that's all it is since at some point we will get OYH and LTT. I used to have what I thought was a rip but turns out it was fanmade and this whole time i thought WTG had a remix edit 🙄