Your Favorite Madonna Video Era!

Every era of videos in Madonna's career has been so awesome, but, which era sets it on another level for you of magnificence?

I love them all, but, Madonna's videos in the Ray Of Light era seem to be my ultimate favorite. The dark and crow like feel of "Frozen",  the blue and green watery colors in Power of Goodbye, the European escape feel of Drowned World/Substitute for Love, the quirky and Oriental creativity in Nothing Really Matters, and the summer, sexy feel of "Ray of Light" say it all for me. 

• Voguerista changed the title to Your Favorite Madonna Video Era!
22 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

Thanks. Do you have an answer for the question? 

Before the 2000s, eras didn't exist in a marketing sense, so asking the question for someone like Madonna with a 40 yo career is a bit of a stretch.

"Video era" is another take on the concept that quite works with Madonna because her art is so visual. But marketing and video creation in the 80s were miles away from "eras". Those music videos were basically promo material.

The final single release can happen 2 or 3 years after the song was recorded so the whole "era" thing will be lost with promoting the tour, or another visual style will be trendy that nobody would think of when the album was made. It's very artificial to label videos in eras.

She kind of started to change things with Like a Prayer, at the same time when Prince and Michael Jackson also had bigger ambitions for their videos.

So no, I can't say that I can point a specific period in Madonna's videography that would feel like a comprehensive era that I like as a whole.

I like her work with Fincher, Mondino and Keshishian.

Collaboration is art. Era is marketing. Pick your side.

5 hours ago, musicman said:

madonna wtf GIFreally great period artistic video:heart: but i love other area:flower:

it took me decades to finally watched erotica...... early 2000s..... and this era i became a full convert...... having the SEX book as a minor.... having the girlie show book and watched the girlie show in high school ... what a phenomenon....... this is when i started backtracking and discovering every release..... pre internet! going tru magazine stalls and 2nd hand book stores ..... learning about albums singles eps minialbums ...... learned so so so much... and again....PRE INTERNET... THEN NAPSTER came then the early message boards and madonna fan sites..... i owe them so so much and made me a stronger more dedicated madonna fan... and ahem LOCAL CABLE SHOWING MTV also helped