Ryan Reynolds had to meet Madonna in person to get permission to use 'Like a Prayer' in Deadpool & Wolverine

proxy

9 hours ago, Starchild said:

So, the movie uses a Madonna song in a scene. Big flippin' deal?

There's no way I'd waste my money on a Marvel film to hear a song that I can play in my car.

These are the same fans who buy overpriced merch and collect vinyl that they'll never spin.

And you’re a fan who have to come here to just say how much you don’t care. And what is your problem with collectors, you don’t want to collect M albums so don’t do that. And yes using LAP in very popular movie is a big deal.

Home Alone Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

47 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

The what?!

https://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/67119509.html? 

This Just In: Madonna Will Not Be Promoting MDNA

Madonna's long-time manager Guy Oseary is with Madonna on her 2012 World Tour rehearsals today, but he also find time to please Madonna's fans tweeting some interesting newsbits.

First of all, Guy Oseary confirmed that Madonna is "full on rehearsals" for her 2012 World Tour. Then, he added that Madonna's Girl Gone Wild music video is currently being edited, and a teaser is coming soon."Working on getting you a teaser of video soon," Guy tweeted.

"We working on other ideas" Guy added.

To those who asked him info on a MDNA Promo Tour, Guy replied: "There is no time for promo tour.. We are in full on tour mode.. Need to get it all together.. working on other ideas."

Guy Oseary also revealed that they "don't have any tv currently scheduled." No more magazines are scheduled either. I guess they figure we got our fill via her "W.E." press tour.

‘Deadpool and Wolverine’ snares $205 million domestic opening, highest R-rated debut ever! Internationally, the film secured $233.3 million, bringing its estimated global haul to $438.3 million for the full weekend.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/07/28/deadpool-and-wolverine-box-office-opening-tops-205-million.html 

Ryan Reynolds Deadpool GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

2 minutes ago, proxy said:

‘Deadpool and Wolverine’ snares $205 million domestic opening, highest R-rated debut ever! Internationally, the film secured $233.3 million, bringing its estimated global haul to $438.3 million for the full weekend.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/07/28/deadpool-and-wolverine-box-office-opening-tops-205-million.html 

Yeah I've heard comic books lovers say the movie was real good.

I've never gotten into them and if it wasn't for Madonna I probably wouldn't have even known this movie existed.  

33 minutes ago, proxy said:

Half of those million$ from Madonna fans 😉😉😉 

Nsync BBB get 2 million streams on Spotify

and it charts in global top 200

top 100 both uk and us 

while LAP is like 865k combined and versions not merged  (it makes it hard to chart)

its not on official movie Spotify playlist or ost

seems her team is just letting it go by itself :Madonna003:

2 hours ago, Askeroff said:

Nsync BBB get 2 million streams on Spotify

and it charts in global top 200

top 100 both uk and us 

while LAP is like 865k combined and versions not merged  (it makes it hard to chart)

its not on official movie Spotify playlist or ost

seems her team is just letting it go by itself :Madonna003:

Life is a mistery indeed 

3 hours ago, Askeroff said:

And the song was re recorded for movie in WB studio

new arrangement and new gospel choir 

but will they released it ? its not even in OST:Madonna008:

Well, we have another remix for the expanded edition of 'Like A Prayer'. Isn't that exciting? And Marvel collectors will buy this edition frantically and sell it out, and Madonna fans will have to look for it on eBay for $1,000.

PS: Damn, I'm a Madonna and Marvel collector. I'm screwed.

Eh idk. I’m not sure that putting it on that playlist would have given it the numbers of Nsync. Maybe just a slight boost. From what I’ve seen on twitter, while a lot of ppl are acknowledging LAP, a lot more people seem to be taking Bye Bye Bye w/them afterward. It is what it is. 🤷‍♂️ You can take a horse to water and all.

But, it’s getting a nice boost from this so that’s good. And fwiw, I know people like to say itunes and digital sales are meaningless these days, but throughout the day yesterday I noticed ROL, LAV & TB all cracked the lower part of the top 200 pop album chart. Immaculate’s getting a nice boost. Celebration too. So this has generated some interest in her catalogue, which is also a great thing.

The more I think about it the more I think what’s been said by myself and others about how this is different from other recent viral moments (RUTH, Bloody Mary) bc it’s already very well known is true.

My not in order thoughts 

there could be some complicated issues and negotiations between companies etc than just Madonna saying put my song in your record.

We don’t know if the deal with the BSB was you are going to be the major player and artist in the album

And like a prayer is going to be the promotional material in all media, it seemed like the song was one of the main talking points of the promotional efforts. 

We can’t quantify how much $ was generated in any of both cases or if maybe Madonna wanted this kind of publicity because of her own next Hollywood venture, if you ask me the quotes of her giving two notes and the production taking action works wonders in legitimizing her as a director 

What is more important? having 2000000 young kids listening to her three times and forgetting all about her in 3 days, or a ton of free advertising in her core target??? 🎯 

It’s not as simple as saying M team did wrong 😑

5 hours ago, NRMX said:

My not in order thoughts 

there could be some complicated issues and negotiations between companies etc than just Madonna saying put my song in your record.

We don’t know if the deal with the BSB was you are going to be the major player and artist in the album

And like a prayer is going to be the promotional material in all media, it seemed like the song was one of the main talking points of the promotional efforts. 

We can’t quantify how much $ was generated in any of both cases or if maybe Madonna wanted this kind of publicity because of her own next Hollywood venture, if you ask me the quotes of her giving two notes and the production taking action works wonders in legitimizing her as a director 

What is more important? having 2000000 young kids listening to her three times and forgetting all about her in 3 days, or a ton of free advertising in her core target??? 🎯 

It’s not as simple as saying M team did wrong 😑

i agree

the target of her team and the effort behind the scenes is to paint her as the cultural figure she is and as director with great sense for cinema. and they (promo interviews reynolds) did that very well. fine if the streams do not go off the roof. she is winning another part of the GP over with this one. she's cool for them now.