Ryan Reynolds had to meet Madonna in person to get permission to use 'Like a Prayer' in Deadpool & Wolverine

proxy

6 hours ago, True Blue 84 said:

For those who saw the movie, are they playing Like a Prayer with Madonna vocals? Or is someone else singing the song because online i hear versions of like Prayer that aren't Madonna's vocals?

Yes, it's her vocals.  The song is mixed within the score of the film, making the song sound even more epic. :)

29 minutes ago, Askeroff said:

Finally some great news!

https://x.com/chartdata/status/1818327737028767983

over 1.07 million streams across all versions.

First time in Madonna solo herstory!

Now we're talking! So happy it's taking off.

Tip! If you replace "x.com" with "twitter.com" it embeds here in the topic:

:-)

On some digital platforms such as Itunes... "Bye Bye Bye" is now listed as "Bye Bye Bye (from 'Deadpool and Wolverine') even though it's linked to their NO STRINGS ATTACHED album. :eyes: It's currently #35 on Itunes as "Like a Prayer" is at #42. 

A more detailed breakdown of the numbers from yesterday.

IMG_2120.thumb.jpeg.6f6934addced1c3a1fb7b2a8f398e8b6.jpeg

Apparently apple music added it to the official D&W playlist. Let’s see if spotify does the same. Either way this increase is insane! I was worried the numbers would decrease since it’s a weekday and less people will be watching the movie.

1 hour ago, NRMX said:

So after all the name calling to Madonna's group and all the crying shaking in the corner of some fans LAP is only 7 places below that BBB bs???

Bitch Slap Slapping GIF

Like I wrote before, we are talking about 35 years old song that doing fine, yall put your energy into streaming & Shazam LAP 

3464dd175e19622b0aa325fc2db4273f.gif

13 minutes ago, proxy said:

Fans on X was tagging Warner, Rhino & Guy almost in every post, including me & I wont stop until they combine all the versions of LAP on Spotify :Madonna030:

I suspect they were already planning to add this to playlists gradually.  It's been added to other platforms as well.  Anyway, it's great if the fans had an affect on it. :)

So the version added to the spotify playlist is the album one, which is the least streamed of the main 3 as we’ve seen. So I guess we’ll see exactly how much impact this playlist has!

I wonder WHY they don't combine the streams of  "Like A Prayer" album version and the Celebration version? According to Spotify these are the requirements.

ISRC code

Artist name & track titles

Version titles

Track length

Sure the track length isn't exactly the same (5:40 vs. 5:42) but neither is "Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson, for example.

Thriller 25 Anniversary Edition (4:53)

Thriller (4:54)

The Essential Michael Jackson (4:52)

HIStory (4:54)

Number Ones (4:53)

7 hours ago, Karma said:

I wonder WHY they don't combine the streams of  "Like A Prayer" album version and the Celebration version? According to Spotify these are the requirements.

ISRC code

Artist name & track titles

Version titles

Track length

Sure the track length isn't exactly the same (5:40 vs. 5:42) but neither is "Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson, for example.

Thriller 25 Anniversary Edition (4:53)

Thriller (4:54)

The Essential Michael Jackson (4:52)

HIStory (4:54)

Number Ones (4:53)

"Like A Prayer" on "Celebration" has a different speed (it's slightly slower), so the system doesn't recognize them both as the same audio track and the label has to personally request to merge streams with the "Like A Prayer" album version. It can be done. But they need to request for it.

One of the many "Celebration" compilation f**k ups still present to this day.

8 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

How can they combine all the versions of LAP on Spotify when the Immaculate Collection version is a remix? They could just combine the album version and the Celebration version.

thats exactly what they need to do. The LAP album getting only 10-20k streams from a song that is gaining 1M streams a day is a crime. Eberybody knows the TIC version is on its own and cant be merged and thats fine, but the same song being split in two and not counting the total streams for charts? Surreal