Ryan Reynolds had to meet Madonna in person to get permission to use 'Like a Prayer' in Deadpool & Wolverine

proxy

1 hour ago, androiduser said:

but can two different versions be merged? what's the rule on this?

If they're the same versions, they can, yes, actually the Spotify system usually does it automatically on its own. For instance, "Music" on the parent album and the "Celebration" compilation are two different masterings but the system recognizes them as the same song, so it merges streams. "Like A Virgin" on "The Immaculate Collection" and "Celebration" being the same song are also merged, etc.

The issue with "Like A Prayer" comes from the original "Celebration" compilation messy release: the version on "Celebration" is the album version but with a different speed than the original (they used a different source or whatever, it's slightly pitched down/slower), so Spotify doesn't automatically merge them. It has to be requested by the label.

2 hours ago, Frank said:

Just watched both scenes and must say the second one is glorious, the song does EVERYTHING in that scene, it fits perfect. The fight one it's less powerful for me. But it's great to see that it is featured so heavily in the film.

It fits perfectly in both scenes. I got goosebumps all over... 

17 hours ago, Frank said:

Just watched both scenes and must say the second one is glorious, the song does EVERYTHING in that scene, it fits perfect. The fight one it's less powerful for me. But it's great to see that it is featured so heavily in the film.

I also finally saw it yesterday. It was interesting how the first scene uses a tweaked original album version mixed in with some additional new instrumentation (vs the trailer using the immaculate version) while the second use sounds like a completely new recording of a choir especially since the choir is singing verses. Anyway, I thought it was a lot of fun and the movie better than I’d expected after seeing the first two.

43 minutes ago, GhostOrchid said:

Ryan Reynolds said Madonna gave some key notes on what they should do and that her changes made the scene a lot better. I wonder what she told them?

My guess: "You need to add the blond ambition ponytail to the Lady Deadpool" :fingerclick:

No, because og lady deadpool allready had a blonde ponytail... 

1 hour ago, GhostOrchid said:

Ryan Reynolds said Madonna gave some key notes on what they should do and that her changes made the scene a lot better. I wonder what she told them?

My guess: "You need to add the blond ambition ponytail to the Lady Deadpool" :fingerclick:

No. It's a character from the comics.

42 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

No. It's a character from the comics.

I think this had already been clarified earlier in the post but it was a music cue/ sound editing note she gave to enhance the existing film cut. I’d have to watch both scenes again to make a decent guess.

12 minutes ago, NRMX said:

Poor guy I know what’s like being teased for having a big one 😉

hq720.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEhCK4FEIIDSFryq4qpAx

When you call my name, it's like a little prayer
I'm down on my knees, I wanna take you there
In the midnight hour, I can feel your power
Just like a prayer, you know I'll take you there

*NSYNC is top 10 on Spotify , Madonna team can’t even comprehend how to merge streams on Spotify! They are worthless! I’m so angry & frustrated, they could do anything, something, discount the single, mention song on her social media, minimum! 
i cant wendy williams GIF

15 minutes ago, proxy said:

*NSYNC is top 10 on Spotify , Madonna team can’t even comprehend how to merge streams on Spotify! They are worthless! I’m so angry & frustrated, they could do anything, something, discount the single, mention song on her social media, minimum! 
i cant wendy williams GIF

Madonna could have first diamond single, but instead everything will go to bubble gum pop song for kids, instead to masterpiece LAP.  Let’s bomb her team! Explosion Badass GIF