Ertha Kitt Shades Madonna

14 minutes ago, Blue Skies said:

I don't know much about Eartha's singing.  But she was in the greatest Halloween movie ever made 

She hooked up with  The Village People's producers for some camp tunes in the '80's.
This one gets an almost annual remix.
She hadn't had a UK hit single for 28 years...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Love_Men 

:dance:

She didn’t shade Madonna. It’s comedic. It’s no different than Cher or Joan Rivers mentioning Madonna. It’s more testament to how ubiquitous Madonna has been for so long. Who else can claim to have been  mentioned by 20th century beacons like Joni Mitchell, Marlene Dietrich, Eartha Kitt, Barbra Streisand, Elizabeth Taylor, and Diana Ross? Negative or positive, Madonna has been the point of reference for so many for so long that people forget just how big a fucking legend she is. She is the biggest living entertainer, and I think it’s amazing that Eartha essentially gave such a backhanded compliment to her thirty odd years ago that still manages to get some people’s panties in a twist! That’s just a legend tipping her shade hat to another legend! She wouldn’t have even cared about Madonna’s version of Santa Baby if she hadn’t felt Madonna made it her own. 

1 hour ago, Alibaba said:

She didn’t shade Madonna. It’s comedic. It’s no different than Cher or Joan Rivers mentioning Madonna. It’s more testament to how ubiquitous Madonna has been for so long. Who else can claim to have been  mentioned by 20th century beacons like Joni Mitchell, Marlene Dietrich, Eartha Kitt, Barbra Streisand, Elizabeth Taylor, and Diana Ross? Negative or positive, Madonna has been the point of reference for so many for so long that people forget just how big a fucking legend she is. She is the biggest living entertainer, and I think it’s amazing that Eartha essentially gave such a backhanded compliment to her thirty odd years ago that still manages to get some people’s panties in a twist! That’s just a legend tipping her shade hat to another legend! She wouldn’t have even cared about Madonna’s version of Santa Baby if she hadn’t felt Madonna made it her own. 

Cher did it for comedy? 😅

Sure Jan GIF

Well the song was originally performed by her and Henri René and His Orchestra in 1953. Madonna did a cover of it.

The comment is obviously a joke. Nothing too far from Madonna's general tone and sense of humour:

source.gif:tumblr_mhxmilX9QA1qczgxdo4_250.gifv

Eartha Kitt was a great woman, activist, supporter of AIDS causes, supporter of LGBTQ+ rights, vocal in political stakes (that screw so much of her career) particularly her take anti Vietnam  war.

And a great and fun performer. Also this:

emperors new groove disney GIF

2 hours ago, EgoRod said:

Well the song was originally performed by her and Henri René and His Orchestra in 1953. Madonna did a cover of it.

The comment is obviously a joke. Nothing too far from Madonna's general tone and sense of humour:

source.gif:tumblr_mhxmilX9QA1qczgxdo4_250.gifv

Eartha Kitt was a great woman, activist, supporter of AIDS causes, supporter of LGBTQ+ rights, vocal in political stakes (that screw so much of her career) particularly her take anti Vietnam  war.

And a great and fun performer. Also this:

emperors new groove disney GIF

knee deep with the toddlers......

14 hours ago, Adonna said:

I am not bothered by her comment.  Madonna isn't innocent of shading others I like as well.  Still, I like Madonna's version best, but I have to wonder if Madonna might agree with Eartha's sediment these days.  I'm sure they had to twist her arm to do a Christmas song, so she chose a song that was very representative of her persona at the time. Very Nicki Finn/Marilyn Monroe/sex kitten like.

Wow Adonna!!! I rly L-U-V your mature, sensible comment!!! Love when my girls act classy, don't you feel the same bae?

Julie Newmar is the best Catwoman. Under normal circumstances the answer would be Eartha Kitt, but the fact that she's the second just goes to show how outstanding and iconic Miss Julie Newmar was in that role.

Also, Eartha's version of Santa Baby was 100x better than Madonna's.