Madonna LIKE A PRAYER (Deadpool) EP OUT NOW!!

1 minute ago, Aiwa08 said:

OH MY GOD, NOW I KNOW WHAT MY NEIGHBORS HEAR WHEN I SING A MADONNA SONG WHILE I'M WEARING HEADPHONES.

I WANT THE GROUND TO SWALLOW ME UP; I'M DYING OF EMBARRASSMENT.:Madonna023:

Honestly, I give him kudos for sharing.  It popped up on my home page on Youtube and I just had to share.  :)

6 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

OH MY GOD, NOW I KNOW WHAT MY NEIGHBORS HEAR WHEN I SING A MADONNA SONG WHILE I'M WEARING HEADPHONES.

I WANT THE GROUND TO SWALLOW ME UP; I'M DYING OF EMBARRASSMENT.:Madonna023:

Amiguito, even the relatives to Hamas' hostages in Gaza released their version for Like a Prayer.

It doesn't matter, Like a Prayer is public patrimony worldwide. That's why I asked Borderline to be part of this soundtrack, as it has never been achieved LAP's status.

But, according to some Muricans, I am worth of laughing. Bye Felecia (or Elmyra, the actual original name of the character that inspired the idiom).

7 minutes ago, imakisoda said:

I think if that’s the case it should have been the first thing released. Not last. 

Record companies are always going to push the soundtrack/album over singles.  I don't feel like it's "the last" also. I feel they probably were just waiting to for a certain momentum. I mean; it's only been two weeks since the film was released.  They began the film campaign using the song in the trailer.  I only see a lot of love and interest in the song still.  To me, it's all good still.  It's nice that months into the campaign for this film, this song is still getting a lot of love.  :luv:

First day results of the new EP on Spotify:

dwep.png.3c1bf5696ea526a0669fe88872d68902.png

Track 1 is now merged with the "Like A Prayer" album version, hence the high figure.

54k and 52k for the new versions. Not bad. Not amazing either. Surely those two should go up once people realize they've been released, they're added to the official movie playlist on Spotify, shazamed, etc. etc.

With a regular Friday release (instead of appearing randomly on a Saturday) and taking advantage of Release Radar etc.; the Battle Royale Mix could have debuted with 400.000-500.000 streams easily.

But hey.

43 minutes ago, Papa Zelko said:

It did my part and bought the two LAP versions where M is credited. The Deadpool Choir thing I skipped.

🤷🏻‍♂️

Well, Madonna is credited as the album artist for the choir version. The three tracks are part of a Madonna EP. So I guess not buying it means less money for Madonna.

fUWhZT0.jpeg

4 hours ago, Prayer said:

First day results of the new EP on Spotify:

dwep.png.3c1bf5696ea526a0669fe88872d68902.png

Track 1 is now merged with the "Like A Prayer" album version, hence the high figure.

54k and 52k for the new versions. Not bad. Not amazing either. Surely those two should go up once people realize they've been released, they're added to the official movie playlist on Spotify, shazamed, etc. etc.

With a regular Friday release (instead of appearing randomly on a Saturday) and taking advantage of Release Radar etc.; the Battle Royale Mix could have debuted with 400.000-500.000 streams easily.

But hey.

Yeah. So far doesn’t seem to be doing much on apple music either. It’s interesting bc the ep tracks are doing quite well on itunes (I know I know, digital sales don’t account for much these days). The ep track 1 is selling much better than it did as the regular old album track this whole time.

Someone said all 3 versions have now been added to the Deadpool playlist on both spotify & 🍎 so maybe that’ll help a smidge.

21 minutes ago, JustinTimes said:

I find it odd the Choir Version is getting lots of streams. Will it even add to Like A Prayer sales as Madonna is not credited 🤷

Madonna is credited as the album artist. It's a Madonna EP.

5 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Madonna is credited as the album artist. It's a Madonna EP.

Yep but @JustinTimeshas a point... I don't know if chart wise is going to count or not for Madonna's own "Like A Prayer". She's the artist on the EP but not on that particular track.

Not that we're talking about a #1 or not difference anyway, but it's weird that she's not credited there as an artist as well. I'm counting on them updating that at some point...

9 hours ago, DiegoLCL said:

People are calling it smart now? I can't with this fandom LOL
happy youtube GIF

Well its better than nothing at this point. Nsync benefited from the whole "deadpool and wolverine" algorithm since their track was available within OST at launch, so as soon as those keywords were plugged in along with the word OST. Madonna's song was nowhere to be found, so all the stream numbers funneled towards them especially on spotify. Byex3 at 600m vs LAP at 300m is like ummm.

Since the movie is still making waves, at least we're getting something from the new EP released and the compilation is directing the numbers towards the right track. But in no way its going to beat NSYNC's spot overall spot.

12 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Yep but @JustinTimeshas a point... I don't know if chart wise is going to count or not for Madonna's own "Like A Prayer". She's the artist on the EP but not on that particular track.

I don't know if I'm explaining this correctly. On track 3, Madonna is credited as the album artist, not as the track singer, because the singers are the gospel chorus. I'm not sure how this contributes to 'Like a Prayer,' but I believe that financially, Madonna earns money from track 3.

15 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

I don't know if I'm explaining this correctly. On track 3, Madonna is credited as the album artist, not as the track singer, because the singers are the gospel chorus. I'm not sure how this contributes to 'Like a Prayer,' but I believe that financially, Madonna earns money from track 3.

If what the platforms show as credits are the real ones too behind the scenes, she gets money from track 3 as a songwriter, of course, but that's it.

Even if she's shown as the artist on the EP, she's not on track 3, only the choir. And that's why we have doubts that that actual track on that state counts for the total "Like A Prayer" count on the charts.

In my opinion she should be credited there, just as on track 2 where both the soundtrack composer and her are credited. Actually, the two of them should be as artists on track 3, since that artist name for the chorus is clearly meant to be fake/funny, that's not a real artist, this song is their only release available.

1 hour ago, Aiwa08 said:

No. If you check the ID tags, on track 3 she is credited as the album artist. She is credited on track 3 but not as the singer.

If she is not singing on the track, then no she shouldn't be credited as the "artist", but of course she should be credited for being the writer of that track.  It's just like any cover. The artist singing is credited, but whomever composed/wrote the song gets credit for the conception of the track, and definitely will get paid for it.

42 minutes ago, Prayer said:

It's amazing how literally EVERYONE is involved in this except for her.

Not even a single story on Instagram, nothing.

Trolldona at her best!

It's her song, she even went to the premiere, she's releasing the  silver vinyl, the EP... 

I agree about the Instagram thing though. I didn't realise that the EP was out till I checked this forum!