Revenge, the story behind the song (ROL Outtake)

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

We're all aware she has rudely rejected people all her artistic life, right? :04:

My favorite is not working with David Guetta when he told her he was a Scorpio.

S**t I just know this was meant to be originally for her:

Couldn't be any other way.

Is'nt this song a bastardised EDM version of Who's That Girl? I would say no to David Guetta creepy face too.

5 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

She also said no to Massive Attack for Teardrop because (and that was real) of schedule conflicts and they never spoke bad about her. 
Anyway this whole scenario was just an idea. 

not at all, she accepted the offer but the other two band members vetoed the idea

16 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Yeah I think for a lot of them it was about being true to themselves. Working with a mainstream pop star wasn’t cool.

I remember too when ROL came out in some magazine (maybe Q) they had a bunch of snobby electronica fans “review” it and they bagged the shit out of it. 

Yep, I remember that too, though it was actually Spin magazine.

25 minutes ago, deathproof said:

How do you point?

Like this 👉 only the pointer finger is pointing. No one points with the other fingers. Madonna must have agreed and that's why she let this rot in the vault "that's not what I wanted to say" cute little jam tho

8 hours ago, Tudors said:

Like this 👉 only the pointer finger is pointing. No one points with the other fingers. Madonna must have agreed and that's why she let this rot in the vault "that's not what I wanted to say" cute little jam tho

The three fingers pointing back at Robert Miles were:

- Madonna's

- God's

- Liz Rosenberg's

Joking. I understand that sentence as that whole karma (and Kabbalah) thing of everything you do will come back to you in double or triple in this case. So when you judge you'll get three people judging you back, for instance.

That Dubtronic remix is bonus track on a "ROL" expanded edition kind of material!

Kind of material that will never happen of course!

43 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

'Like a Flower' is the song that really has nothing to do with ROL.

Well, I always loved it as a ballad, and you have the "like a" that is soo like Madonna. Gorgeous vocals, I could see it towards the end of the album, a la to have and not to hold. Maybe as a b side. It all depends on the production, but same can be said on the other demos.

4 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

Well, I always loved it as a ballad, and you have the "like a" that is soo like Madonna. Gorgeous vocals, I could see it towards the end of the album, a la to have and not to hold. Maybe as a b side. It all depends on the production, but same can be said on the other demos.

The fact that she didn't take a couple of those "ROL" unreleased demos or from the "Music" sessions unreleased ones, finished them and added them to "GHV2"... Self-boycottdonna at her peak. She though she was harming Warner and taking revenge (ahem) for all their last "fights" but she was only harming herself. She would have easily sold double of "GHV2" with a couple of new tracks in there.

1 hour ago, Roland Barthes said:

So Black Fras is Greg Fitzgerald whom later did Fever and Burning Up on Kylie's Fever, this explains why she record Alone Again !

Is Ellis Bextor's version if Revenge has been released officially ?

Oh it all makes sense actually!