Lucky Star German 7" Version

https://youtu.be/bedKRlQMKYs?si=kqXo2M88uT_ELggk

I am relatively new to this forum, and I am sure someone said somewhere that the track timing on the German 7" label of Lucky Star (03:33) is incorrect, but I found a version that clocks down at roughly that length on YouTube. Could it be that there was a local edit of the song? What do you think?

Edited by cheandeva (see edit history)

6 minutes ago, cheandeva said:

https://youtu.be/bedKRlQMKYs?si=kqXo2M88uT_ELggk

I am relatively new to this forum, and I am sure someone said somewhere that the track timing on the German 7" label of Lucky Star (03:33) is incorrect, but I found a version that clocks down at roughly that length on YouTube. Could it be that there was a local edit of the song? What do you think?

The German 7" is the same as the regular 7" Edit. I think @Material Girl uploaded a rip of the German 7" on here a few years ago.

Posted (edited)

I have just checked the track timing of the US 7", which says 3:44... and the UK 7" does not give any length of the track on either the single or on the b-side of Open Your Heart.

I'm really confused as regards the different versions there are of this song, maybe someone of you could help me with that? I'd be really grateful and you'd get my personal LUCKY-STAR-AWARD 😉

11 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

I heard somewhere here in the forum it is fake or fanmade

It likely is. Like I said before, we have a rip of this vinyl and it’s the same as all the other 7" versions. There is only one other version from Brazil that is 4:30 long. That one's a fade of the LP Version.

Posted (edited)

Let me see: as regards officially released versions, there is:

-) the German 7" Version [03:33]

-) the US/Peru/Canada/Australia 7" Version [03:44]

-) the UK 7" Version/Edit [??:??]

-) the Japanese 7" Version [05:36]

-) the Brazil 7" Version [04:30]

-) the Original Album Version [05:30]

-) the U.S. Remix/Full Length Version? [05:34]

-) the New Mix [07:13]

-) the Immaculate Collection Album Version/Q Sound Version [03:37]

-) the Confessions Tour Live Version [03:50]

-) the Celebration Version [03:38]

-) Digital release Album Version [05:36]

-) Digital releade 7" Edit [03:52]

-) Digital release U.S. Remix [07:15]

True? Or did I forget anything? Should any of the above be merged?

9 minutes ago, cheandeva said:

Let me see: as regards officially released versions, there is:

-) the German 7" Version [03:33]

-) the US/Peru/Canada/Australia 7" Version [03:44]

-) the UK 7" Version/Edit [??:??]

-) the Japanese 7" Version [05:36]

-) the Brazil 7" Version [04:30]

-) the Original Album Version [05:30]

-) the U.S. Remix/Full Length Version? [05:34]

-) the New Mix [07:13]

-) the Immaculate Collection Album Version/Q Sound Version [03:37]

-) the Confessions Tour Live Version [03:50]

-) the Celebration Version [03:38]

True? Or did I forget anything? Should any of the above be merged?

Never, under any circumstances, trust the running time of a song released in the analog era—they are full of errors. For example the Japanese 7'' Version IS the Original Album Version (same length).

I thought so, @Aiwa08, and agree with you, but telling all the different versions apart from each orher really becomes extremely difficult, which is why I'm seeking your support. Whenever I notice differences in track timings, I start wondering: local edit? Is the 7" Version in one country the same as an Edit in another?

5 minutes ago, cheandeva said:

I thought so, @Aiwa08, and agree with you, but telling all the different versions apart from each orher really becomes extremely difficult, which is why I'm seeking your support. Whenever I notice differences in track timings, I start wondering: local edit? Is the 7" Version in one country the same as an Edit in another?

I have more than enough proof of this: in the analog era, the same version of a song was sometimes recorded on vinyl at different speeds depending on the country, resulting in different running times for the same version

That makes so much sense, but at the same time it baffles me. So that would, for instance, explain the difference in track timing between the German 7" Version and the one of the US/Australia...7", wouldn't it?

27 minutes ago, cheandeva said:

That makes so much sense, but at the same time it baffles me. So that would, for instance, explain the difference in track timing between the German 7" Version and the one of the US/Australia...7", wouldn't it?

No, that's just a local track timing mislabel. For example, 'Express Yourself (Remix/Edit)' is listed as 4:50 on CD and vinyl, but it's actually 5:01