Re-Invention Tour | Lisbon

Bat-Fan

On 5/23/2024 at 4:04 AM, Sheridan1980 said:

I agree, people could show a little more gratitude for this unexpected leak. Especially as we're lucky enough to have a completely “raw” recording, it's her real voice, her real face, and those like me who were lucky enough to attend live can find a similar experience. I couldn't say the same about the official S&S Tour DVD released around the same time, which is a real disgrace compared to what it was like live. 

Question is if M herself would feel grateful that her fans would rather have her in that particular footage when Parisien Dream (a fan amateur footage) showcases a much better Madonna than that one at the Pavilhão Atlântico.

16 minutes ago, dankpepe said:

If you want to feel old, the span from the Reinvention Tour to the Celebration Tour is as long as The First Album to the Reinvention Tour

Ikr? The First Album marks my birth, Re-Invention marks my beginning as a stan and Celebration Tour marks my rebirth as a stan.

Afraid to what I'll find in 20 years from today....

• 3 weeks later...

After reading through the last seven pages, I’d love to add some of own memories from attending the 2 Lisbon shows. 

I went to Lisbon because we had it on good authority that they were filming the last two shows, in Lisbon for CBS/DVD.

I was in the pit both nights and our line to queue was at the back of the arena, next to the loading dock. Parked nearby was an HDTV Broadcast Production Trailer. image.thumb.jpeg.5ac347dbfdd71528a2b8f99240cb2423.jpeg

HDTV Ready for takeoff in Europe?

When we were brought into the pit, we entered the arena through the loading dock. We got to see all the sets and props, it was thrilling. As we walked into the pit, it was confirmed that they were filming the show on for a “CBS Special”.  

I was in the stage right pit for both nights and it was obvious they were filming - so many cameras - most notably a camera operator actually inside the pit. The first night they filmed the show from the pit opposite me, the second night they were in my pit. The large crane operated cams also switched sides on the second night.  

Then came the wait for the dvd release. I can’t personally recall the moments around the CBS deal falling through, but I do remember spending at least a year waking up every morning, logging into madonnatribe and hoping to see an announcement for the DVD. The feeling of desperation in the fan community was so palpable that, several times, there would be some sort of quasi-official “it’s still coming” tidbit from Madonna.com/icon. Meanwhile, M spent late 2004 doing another round of PR for children’s books, which left most fans feeling unengaged.
We were also very aware at the time that a separate documentary was filmed (with concert footage filmed in Paris) in addition to the “DVD”. 

Time moved forward and eventually I’m going to tell you a secret was released on MTV in October 05, just a few weeks before Confessions hit stores.
There was some cross promo with Orange or Vodafone, I don’t remember the specifics, but definitely low quality clips of Burning Up and Die Another Day from Lisbon were definitely available on someone’s website. (Can someone find evidence of this?) Eventually those two songs were leaked online in much higher quality. The day that the full recording from the first night came out in 2010, was like Christmas. 

Having gone both nights, when I see myself in different shots from the footage we have, I can identify the exact show based on the color of my shirt. 
For Example, the 2010 footage shows me wearing the gray shirt that I wore on at the first show.

image.thumb.jpeg.9f563b5ead5a6bdf38644a1c37e48358.jpeg

While this shot, comes from the recently leaked Don’t Tell Me footage shows me wearing the blue shirt I wore on the second night. The die another day and burning up videos also only show me in the blue shirt. 

IMG_3898.thumb.jpeg.3297a5665586a0c735848cef91f6508a.jpeg

I wish I had more dirt as to the why it all happened, but I can at least provide a first hand account from when it happened. Hope this helps to answer some questions from the last 7 pages! 

• 2 months later...