Single Reissues Campaign - Causing a Commotion - OUT NOW

New_Boy

2 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

You think that song is iconic? I love it but the GP have never heard of it.

It was one of the biggest singles from that album in Europe. The video was also played a lot. I think it may not have been as big in Australia but Madonna herself has specifically referenced/mentioned it in "Veni Vidi Vici”, so she kinda remembers it as one of her more iconic songs as well.

In the end, while not her finest package of remixes, it's all about visibility, like everyone else these days. With a 2023 release date and a Spotify and Apple Music alert for everyone who follows her on those two platforms plus the support of Release Radar playlists, it would definitely have better numbers.

Maybe they don't care, maybe they're saving momentum and promo efforts for the rumored new song released with the tour... who knows. But anyway doing this "the right way" to get more streams and reach is free and almost effortless. Literally it only requieres to release them as a 2023 single and then change the date later to the original one.

3 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Yeah it was big in the UK and is one of the songs that seems to have stuck around in peoples heads. People like Madonnas ballads they're just so often ignored by M and the big moments but people hold them dear. I wouldn't say its Iconic but it's well loved.

The video is iconic and is seemingly going viral among reaction videos:

and this is just the tip of the iceberg! All of these videos were made during the past 3 years.

1 hour ago, MPowered said:

Hollywood never appeared on any Nothing Fails single! Where did you get this information from?

There are also just TWO versions of that mix. The dub that is labeled as vocal mix and the edit.

I was trolling Honey little i even put a nonexistent day of the month

But i am so delusional in my imaginary world Hollywood was the b side to nothing fails and it hit #1 on the charts

Nothing Fails/Hollywood

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

You think that song is iconic? I love it but the GP have never heard of it.

I think it’s a lovely song, and a big fan favorite. But to say that the GP have “never heard of it” would be false. It did quite well on airplay. It had more weeks of airplay than ROL, and was the most played single from the album on z100.

1 hour ago, Honey Little said:

I am ready for the Nothing Fails remixes on streaming services. Let the semen streaming cream’n demon luv’r!!!! 

And the jackie christie remix.Seriously,she should have worked with madonna Fabien too

This jackie girl would have been awesome during the erotica era,those basslines 

3 hours ago, steady75 said:

Yeah it was big in the UK and is one of the songs that seems to have stuck around in peoples heads. People like Madonnas ballads they're just so often ignored by M and the big moments but people hold them dear. I wouldn't say its Iconic but it's well loved.

Yes I remember she promoted it in Europe, it was certainly a big single. Funny I haven't listened to it in years until just now, there is something off with a lot of the ROL tracks to me. There is still too much Evita lingering in her voice which is really annoying me in TPOG "so I must gooooOOOoo"

26 minutes ago, Pretender1978 said:

Yes I remember she promoted it in Europe, it was certainly a big single. Funny I haven't listened to it in years until just now, there is something off with a lot of the ROL tracks to me. There is still too much Evita lingering in her voice which is really annoying me in TPOG "so I must gooooOOOoo"

Evita was before Ray of Light
:pop:
i think

7 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

I remember pretty clear not along people being mad in here for the present date instead of the original one. So…

Maybe they really were like, “oh ok, you want to complain about how and why we do it this way? Fine, we’ll do it your way. See what happens.”

7 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

Maybe they really were like, “oh ok, you want to complain about how and why we do it this way? Fine, we’ll do it your way. See what happens.”

I don't think they read and/or care about the complaints.

Surely it's more likely to do with not having to send an update to all the platforms to change the date later -> more "work" to do with each one of the singles instead of releasing them and doing the work one time and forget about it.

To sum it up: laziness.

I just don't know if Warner think all of those pre 2010 long remixes are worth having on her platforms. Why would they want you to stream a 14 minute version of Nothing Really Matters when they can have you stream Frozen (sickic) seven times times in the same duration and make seven times the money. The 30 second play revenue point from streaming platforms has changed music forever. Record companies want you to skip as soon as they've got the money.

I think the future model will be albums released in highly edited form only on streaming platforms and physicals will have the full length versions. This way they get the revenue from the streams quickly and it forces the fans to buy or download the physicals. If I was Warner that's exactly what I'd do. I think streaming will have its comeuppance in the next few years. 

bookmark me.

I also think the next big trend will be platforms allowing you to re-order tracklists on albums so they play in the order you want everytime rather than you having to make a playlist. 

11 minutes ago, steady75 said:

I just don't know if Warner think all of those pre 2010 long remixes are worth having on her platforms. Why would they want you to stream a 14 minute version of Nothing Really Matters when they can have you stream Frozen (sickic) seven times times in the same duration and make seven times the money. The 30 second play revenue point from streaming platforms has changed music forever. Record companies want you to skip as soon as they've got the money.

I think the future model will be albums released in highly edited form only on streaming platforms and physicals will have the full length versions. This way they get the revenue from the streams quickly and it forces the fans to buy or download the physicals. If I was Warner that's exactly what I'd do. I think streaming will have its comeuppance in the next few years. 

bookmark me.

I also think the next big trend will be platforms allowing you to re-order tracklists on albums so they play in the order you want everytime rather than you having to make a playlist. 

It's a tricky one. Having all the old remixes available digitally can help moving more old school fans from ripping old CDs or using local files into finally using streaming, which is something she still needs, to have more of her classic fan base there and not only on physicals and downloads.

The "Popular" boost effect she's enjoying now is being amazing but it will eventually end or cool down at least.

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

bookmark me.

I’ve been thinking something sort of like this lately.

I see people online (not just here) w/the mindset that streaming as we currently know it i.e. spotify & apple is here to stay, but I think that’s presumptuous.

I think it’s entirely possible proper streaming can go the way of itunes & mp3s- still exist but in a much less used, niche capacity.

I was thinking tiktok and other inevitable knockoffs will become the primary music consumption venue. New songs will continue to get shorter (ahem, Padam, Vulgar), even older music will exist in shortened forms.

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

I don't think they read and/or care about the complaints.

Surely it's more likely to do with not having to send an update to all the platforms to change the date later -> more "work" to do with each one of the singles instead of releasing them and doing the work one time and forget about it.

To sum it up: laziness.

You’re totally right. I should have included an emoji to show I was sort of joking.

I do kind of like the idea of warner or rhino looking at all the complaints like “oh yeah? FINE” though. 🤣

Not that they would ever be that attentive.

19 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

I’ve been thinking something sort of like this lately.

I see people online (not just here) w/the mindset that streaming as we currently know it i.e. spotify & apple is here to stay, but I think that’s presumptuous.

I think it’s entirely possible proper streaming can go the way of itunes & mp3s- still exist but in a much less used, niche capacity.

I was thinking tiktok and other inevitable knockoffs will become the primary music consumption venue. New songs will continue to get shorter (ahem, Padam, Vulgar), even older music will exist in shortened forms.

I can see coming back to physical music.  Vinyls are already becoming highly popular and now we are seeing an uptick with Cassettes and CDs as well.  I think it will be a while before Streaming really starts seeing a decline because it's just too convenient, but I do think more and more people are also realizing that they want to own a physical copy of the music they love. 

I think it's fair to say that it's nicer to have multiple formats available.  It allows the artist to be more and more accessible.  Physical copies could generate more money, especially the more expensive they can be. Then again, that could turn some people off. Still, it's always good to have choices.  Let people choose how they want to consume music.  For me, I prefer to have as much choices as possible because I do tend to use all formats.

2 hours ago, steady75 said:

bookmark me.

If they cut the albums on streaming i am cutting their existence on this music world and leaving them eating grass

I don't think streaming will ever decline. It's here to stay as the dominant force but record companies are a business. The distinction between physical product and streaming versions will widen vastly...and it wont just be vinyl editions,  in fact they're inhibiting and costly and have a higher chance of damage and returns. 

If record companies could get back to downloads or CD''s as an increasingly dominant product they'd do it tomorrow. There is more revenue from one CD purchase than the average user could ever generate over a lifetime of streaming the same album.

They  know fans will want physical products and the artists full vision. The 80 minute CD or non time LTD paid download is a window of business opportunity for them to cater to that need. This is the way it's going. Streaming will become the shop window or taster event. It will be the edited versions available only. The second option is for streaming to have a third tier experience where you can pay a much greater premium price for full content of all artists or a ltd number of artists of album per year (your faves), or even a ltd number of albums per month that you'd have to select. 

The streaming business model will become more complex over time. If the royalties debacle doesn't sway in writers, producers and performers favour soon we'll potentially see another writers strike in music like there is in in film & TV in the states. 

Streaming : Basic edit album version & all single releases.

CD & Download : Artists curated version (and probably edit version too for collectors) Perhaps with with a unique specific QR code to scan with your smart phone on each CD to unlock the streaming version for convenience. Remember Safescan?

Vinyl : I think the colours variants are here to stay but it will peak. 

There's a possibility we'll see a rise in 12" singles and CD singles again with the full length remixes while the edits will remain on streaming.

Local files could end up being be a thing of the past to deter the piracy element.