Single Reissues Campaign - True Blue - COMING

New_Boy

11 minutes ago, BoyToyMark said:

Yeah definitely! The transition from La Isla Bonita to Like A Prayer or even Love Profusion to Hung Up. Incredible!

Like a Prayer to Erotica than Bedtime Story to ROL.  Big transitions.  But of course she has had a few singles in between that only made the transitions more easier.  Such as "Justify My Love" to "Erotica".

Just now, Donna said:

Like a Prayer to Erotica than Bedtime Story to ROL.  Big transitions.  But of course she has had a few singles in between that only made the transitions more easier.  Such as "Justify My Love" to "Erotica".

Yes! Definitely. Also I feel like the aftermath of the WTG film and her divorce probably had an impact on switch on Like A Prayer too.

23 minutes ago, BoyToyMark said:

Yes! Definitely. Also I feel like the aftermath of the WTG film and her divorce probably had an impact on switch on Like A Prayer too.

Probably true in some aspects.  Her relationship with Sean most definitely influenced some of the tracks on the album (Till Death Do Us Part), but she was still trying to work it out with him when working on the album. She was still going out and about with him during the summer of '88 and somewhat after when she was working on the LAP album.  But yes, their was a petition for divorce before the album started as well.

6 hours ago, MaDöner Kebab said:

All the predictions were correct! Thank god.

Hopefully they will squeeze out Live To Tell on the 30th as well. That omission is so odd.

I was so scared they did the tracklist I mentioned earlier! With white heat instead of the dub, I am so happy to see they did the better tracklist. It's also interesting to see if it will use the RSD version without fade or the fade version!

17 hours ago, steady75 said:

This is wild to say. I was a proper house DJ in the 90's and Mariah's Morales remixes were played even in the coolest DJ's sets and not the local gay bar or fuck boy club. 

Dreamlover and Fantasy in particular were huge. Madonna had a couple of songs that were played outside of the gay clubs. I heard the Secret mixes once or twice but she was mostly reserved for the circuit gays in the late 90's and gay clubs. 

Anytime You Need A Friend was also well hammered. I know Madonna had 50 dance number ones but Mariah & Morales really did cut through hugely. Mariah's Vocals from Someday were also nicked and used in a big rave tune called Closer To All Your Dreams. 

Mariah just had that big dance soul diva vocal that many house tracks used. Madonna didn't and that's fine. 

I mean I’d say Madonna was cool in the club scene beyond just the gays from the beginning up to like 89/90. Maybe she lost it a bit circa True Blue but the dance mixes of Prayer, Express, Vogue had coolness cred and were huge way beyond gay clubs.

She fell out w/club culture a bit in the early/mid 90s just like in the mainstream- tastes changed, she was seen as passé just like many other 80s superstars. People now like to blame her dip all on slut shaming but that’s not the whole story, right? But hey she still had her gays.

I feel like Mariah’s dance mixes fell off a bit too by or around Butterfly. They became a bit by the numbers as she seemed more interested in the hip-hop/r&b remix side.

I’ve always thought Madonna and Mariah have very similar career arcs, just 6 or so years apart.

Yeah that's new that wasn't there yesterday maybe even. As I was looking at the singles then.

It has the Benni Benassi dub which the original didn't.

I notice both versions of True Blue are available too the other day. under the 1 more release tab at the bottom.

42 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Maybe Emily is back off maternity and is started back full time tidying things up. 
Four new singles in just over a week on Spotify. Girlfriend is giving “I will empty my in tray no crumbs”

Or maybe since the tour is done, the record label is hard back at work, cultivating her back catalog.   I suspect we're going to see more things happening regarding her back catalog before the year's end.  :luv:

2 hours ago, JustinTimes said:

Has anyone noticed there are two different Celebration singles with different colour artwork on Spotify. How long has that been there? I've not noticed it before.

Same as the "Confessions" singles, different releases from back then. The blue one was the European physical single I think, while the purple one was the US CD maxi and included an extra remix. I guess both were released digitally and are still there since then.

20 hours ago, Donna said:

It's actually genius when you think the house sound of Vogue transitions perfectly in Rescue Me and then its spoken word style goes directly to JML which in turn ends perfectly with Erotica for both style and sound and theme. Absolutely GOATed career transition. So smooth you might slip on it like a wet floor

20 minutes ago, Bjonkers said:

The pink cover is definitely new for Europe. Maybe it existed in other territories. There was only ever the grey & red cover previously.

In the UK it's was always been the blue/red cover on apple music 

https://music.apple.com/gb/album/celebration-remixes/329609150

but now the purple one is also there as well 

https://music.apple.com/gb/album/celebration-remixes/327819129

17 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Both versions have been always available digitally internationally as long as I remember.

Either someone is confusing release bit lately even on Reddit people are saying that releases that have always been here as long as I remember are new! Either someone is mixing them up or her team is instead of doing a full remix pack are doing it wrong by putting the regional ones everywhere!