Single Reissues Campaign - True Blue - COMING

New_Boy

19 minutes ago, luckypierre78 said:

I read this as John Popper the lead singer of Blues Traveller for a minute :lol:

I'm also hopeful we'll get the orchestral version of You Must Love Me/I'd Be Surprisingly Good For You next Tuesday.  There was an album copyright on YouTube for a You Must Love Me album but that doesn't always mean something.

It’s definitely time to get the Single Version of You Must Love Me up on streaming!

34 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

This is hopeful thinking, but what if they are delaying it to release some sort of Bedtime Stories 30th anniversary thing - I know 99% unlikely - but one can dream - like backing up on Josh Popper :P 

Honestly the only album deserving recognition right now is Like a Virgin turning 40. The album that made unknown Madonna into an international star, created wannabes and in 2023, Like a Virgin was selected for preservation in the United States' National Recording Registry by the Library of Congress due to it being considered "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant".... if they skip this, every other minor album is certainly to be forgotten...

1 hour ago, Erotico said:

Honestly the only album deserving recognition right now is Like a Virgin turning 40. The album that made unknown Madonna into an international star, created wannabes and in 2023, Like a Virgin was selected for preservation in the United States' National Recording Registry by the Library of Congress due to it being considered "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant".... if they skip this, every other minor album is certainly to be forgotten...

I've lost hope. But this was my thought months back!  I mean, we still have a few weeks before the 40th is upon us.  It's hard to believe nothing will be said of it, but I'm not expecting much.  I'll be pleasantly surprised if she and her team do something, but I'd think we'd heard something by now.

6 minutes ago, Adonna said:

Yes, because harassing some huge record label over some silly dubs and edits is gonna change anything. :laughing:

I mean it can't hurt - they might actually respond to feedback - if they aren't getting any they might just assume what they are delivering is what people want.

10 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

At this point I just want as reupload

And when it is, then you'll find a way to criticize it.  I'm actually glad this single campaign is wrapping up.  The idea some just act like she and her team are so incompetent because not ever friggin' single edit and dub isn't made available is just ridiculous. No other veteran artist has even half of what she has available.  Many of these remixes will only be heard by a handful of hardcore fans.  Many of them are not even sought out. 

6 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

I mean it can't hurt - they might actually respond to feedback - if they aren't getting any they might just assume what they are delivering is what people want.

Do you really believe that "People want" all this?   It's just a handful of fans who do.   No one else really cares.  Look, I'm glad that her catalog is being uploaded to digital and streaming platforms, but let's be real here.  She is one of the few veteran artists who pretty much has her complete catalog available on streaming and digial platforms. 

4 minutes ago, Adonna said:

And when it is, then you'll find a way to criticize it.  I'm actually glad this single campaign is wrapping up.  The idea some just act like she and her team are so incompetent because not ever friggin' single edit and dub isn't made available is just ridiculous. No other veteran artist has even half of what she has available.  Many of these remixes will only be heard by a handful of hardcore fans.  Many of them are not even sought out. 

Do you really believe that "People want" all this?   It's just a handful of fans who do.   No one else really cares.  Look, I'm glad that her catalog is being uploaded to digital and streaming platforms, but let's be real here.  She is one of the few veteran artists who pretty much has her complete catalog available on streaming and digial platforms. 

Sometimes I incorporate local files in the single but I can't lie and say it's not disappointing to see them selectively leave out remixes out, but you are a bit right about the catalog thing

1 minute ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Sometimes I incorporate local files in the single but I can't lie and say it's not disappointing to see them selectively leave out remixes out, but you are a bit right about the catalog thing

Thank you. My point! Just don't stress and jump to conclusions.  It's not the end of the world if some random edit/dub isn't included.  No other artists has all their edits/dubs available either.  I'm a huge fuckin' M fan, but I don't even listening to half of these remixes and I own them digitally/physically. 

26 minutes ago, Adonna said:

Yes, because harassing some huge record label over some silly dubs and edits is gonna change anything. :laughing:

I just asked that it seems like Die Another Day was uploaded in some parts of the world briefly and then removed, and was wondering why that happened.  I doubt they’ll respond but at least they’ll know people noticed that.

1 minute ago, luckypierre78 said:

I just asked that it seems like Die Another Day was uploaded in some parts of the world briefly and then removed, and was wondering why that happened.  I doubt they’ll respond but at least they’ll know people noticed that.

That's fair. But like you said, I doubt they will respond.  @ChrisK is right, it won't hurt to try.  :luv:

3 hours ago, Adonna said:

My point is, if no one is giving them feedback good or bad, they'll assume that everyone is happy - if people provide feedback that they want something more, they may or may not respond, but it's feedback none the less.

3 hours ago, ChrisK said:

My point is, if no one is giving them feedback good or bad, they'll assume that everyone is happy - if people provide feedback that they want something more, they may or may not respond, but it's feedback none the less.

In case you haven’t noticed, that is exactly what @Adonna wants, so he can continue to brag about having enough money to buy some physical-exclusive versions of songs. He doesn’t want his precious collection to lose value.

8 hours ago, Adonna said:

Hmm this is a bit short sighted. The handful of fans (looking at some of the steams when her team could be bothered to promote the digital maxis on Release Radar) were upward of quarter of a million people in the first week and that was just a single track. These are the people that tweet and repost and use in insta stories that keep her name out there on socials and increase her streaming numbers which lay a foundation for her next release. When you combine the totals of all the mixes that's decent revenue that will actually go someway in funding any planned re-releases production costs. It's good money for old rope especially if it can recoup some costs further down the line.

With a gap between projects of nearly six years now. That's the same time period in which LIKE A VIRGIN Nov 84 to THE IMMACULATE COLLECTION Nov 90 albums were released plus 26+ singles across the globe.

Little things like the maxis and few collabs she has thrown out have kept some fans holding on. Artists haemorrhage fans in their later years especially as it seems like the artist is slowing down.  So yes it seems like crumbs but it also reminds people what an amazing catalogue she has, lets new fans go discover her and keeps her legacy in motion. 

and as for her teams competence in the last 15 years. Everything from the mastering on her actual records to the crazy leaks and the incorrect labelling of things on basic platforms. Is it a studio album or is it a maxi single. I mean ...it's pretty sloppy. 

7 hours ago, ChrisK said:

I agree, if they cared. They probably won't even take such a call.  Especially if someone is calling constantly over edits/dubs left off!  Like everyone, I would love to see all her music available on streaming and digital platforms.  And for the most part it is!  :)