Single Reissues Campaign - True Blue - COMING

New_Boy

I've always defended this campaign (for the digital singles, let's leave the lack of expanded reissues aside) but this year is being a test, between the messy releases, random remasters ("Material Girl") in between, lack of any new video remasters since "Don't Tell Me" a year ago now, "LAP" situation being handled terribly and now this.

I mean, put your s**t together. She had the world again rooting for her after Rio and they've done... nothing to take advantage of that.

3 hours ago, steady75 said:

Hmm this is a bit short sighted. The handful of fans (looking at some of the steams when her team could be bothered to promote the digital maxis on Release Radar) were upward of quarter of a million people in the first week and that was just a single track. These are the people that tweet and repost and use in insta stories that keep her name out there on socials and increase her streaming numbers which lay a foundation for her next release. When you combine the totals of all the mixes that's decent revenue that will actually go someway in funding any planned re-releases production costs. It's good money for old rope especially if it can recoup some costs further down the line.

With a gap between projects of nearly six years now. That's the same time period in which LIKE A VIRGIN Nov 84 to THE IMMACULATE COLLECTION Nov 90 albums were released plus 26+ singles across the globe.

Little things like the maxis and few collabs she has thrown out have kept some fans holding on. Artists haemorrhage fans in their later years especially as it seems like the artist is slowing down.  So yes it seems like crumbs but it also reminds people what an amazing catalogue she has, lets new fans go discover her and keeps her legacy in motion. 

and as for her teams competence in the last 15 years. Everything from the mastering on her actual records to the crazy leaks and the incorrect labelling of things on basic platforms. Is it a studio album or is it a maxi single. I mean ...it's pretty sloppy. 

It’s pretty wild that they stopped promoting streaming releases to Release Radar.  It’s almost like they’re embarrassed of her back catalogue.  Although who knows maybe Spotify changed it so that only new music that’s never been released before can be added to that particular playlist?  I don’t have Spotify myself so I don’t know if it’s usual to see re-releases on there.

3 hours ago, luckypierre78 said:

It’s pretty wild that they stopped promoting streaming releases to Release Radar.  It’s almost like they’re embarrassed of her back catalogue.  Although who knows maybe Spotify changed it so that only new music that’s never been released before can be added to that particular playlist?  I don’t have Spotify myself so I don’t know if it’s usual to see re-releases on there.

I think its because they were previously releasing the digital singles with a current release date (i.e. the date it was added to steaming), but lately they've reverted to adding them with their original release dates so they dont show up as 'new releases'. I don't know for a fact that this is the reason they dont show on release radar as new but that would be my guess.

10 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I think its because they were previously releasing the digital singles with a current release date (i.e. the date it was added to steaming), but lately they've reverted to adding them with their original release dates so they dont show up as 'new releases'. I don't know for a fact that this is the reason they dont show on release radar as new but that would be my guess.

This is indeed the reason.

We don't know if Spotify alerted them to not do so (putting new releases dates) or it was just to not have to take the effort to change the date to the original one later on.

1 hour ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Spotify don't want Madonna to have her own piece of cake of streaming popularity. 

26 minutes ago, luckypierre78 said:

For what it's worth, I know U2, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Billie Piper, and S Club 7 have all re-released old singles this year with 2024 as the release year so it wasn't just Madonna.  Weird that she stopped.

Feel free to include Belinda Carlisle and Mariah in a way too