MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

1 hour ago, tscott said:

LOL! That's Twitter for ya. Loads of bullshit and drama and not so much facts.  Madonna's Debut album was released July 27th 1983.  The 40th Anniversary will be official this coming Thursday. How that will be celebrated by Warners and Madonna's team is remained to be seen.  I still have some hope. But understand if others don't. 

I still have hope. I could envisage a nice big anniversary post announcing the product with pre-order links up on her website.

10 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

I still have hope. I could envisage a nice big anniversary post announcing the product with pre-order links up on her website.

You'd think that would be possible, and I do have faith, but as the date gets closer and we've heard NOTHING from her team regarding her debut album celebration, it's harder and harder to hold on to that faith.  But yeah, it's a perfect opportunity to go big with some huge re-release of the debut album as well as merchandise supporting that album. 

My only thought is if there was plans for such to happen, how much was it tied into the tour?  Was this supposed to happen along with an update to the store with touring merchandise when the tour was supposed to start, or were they planning to do something when the Anniversary actually hit this coming week?

I can't see how the tour postponement could hold off celebrating a re-release of her debut album as an anniversary recognition?  I can't see why they can't still do that, by making available merchandise and a re-issue for the debut album. But like I mentioned, there is NO mention of anything yet, and I would think we as fans would have heard rumblings of something being released for this occasion. At this point, anything tangible or physical would be pretty much a pre-order.  Other than that any audio or video celebrating the occasion can still be released digitally or on streaming platforms.

We'll have to see what this week brings. 

11 minutes ago, tscott said:

You'd think that would be possible, and I do have faith, but as the date gets closer and we've heard NOTHING from her team regarding her debut album celebration, it's harder and harder to hold on to that faith.  But yeah, it's a perfect opportunity to go big with some huge re-release of the debut album as well as merchandise supporting that album. 

My only thought is if there was plans for such to happen, how much was it tied into the tour?  Was this supposed to happen along with an update to the store with touring merchandise when the tour was supposed to start, or were they planning to do something when the Anniversary actually hit this coming week?

I can't see how the tour postponement could hold off celebrating a re-release of her debut album as an anniversary recognition?  I can't see why they can't still do that, by making available merchandise and a re-issue for the debut album. But like I mentioned, there is NO mention of anything yet, and I would think we as fans would have heard rumblings of something being released for this occasion. At this point, anything tangible or physical would be pretty much a pre-order.  Other than that any audio or video celebrating the occasion can still be released digitally or on streaming platforms.

We'll have to see what this week brings. 

"Finally Enough Love" announcement and pre-orders also came absolutely out of the blue, no pre-hype posts or anything (except for the studio bits with Mike Dean she uploaded on her Instagram account months before, but I wouldn't count those as proper promo).

As for the tour, maybe Madonna 40 merchandise was ready but of course there's no way to know that at this right moment.

I don't know. Looks like such a huge anniversary to miss but maybe they'll do nothing in the end. We'll see next week.

The fact that Guy Oseary updated her IG profile pic to the first album cover maybe should be an indication of something... I hope so.

17 minutes ago, Prayer said:

"Finally Enough Love" announcement and pre-orders also came absolutely out of the blue, no pre-hype posts or anything (except for the studio bits with Mike Dean she uploaded on her Instagram account months before, but I wouldn't count those as proper promo).

As for the tour, maybe Madonna 40 merchandise was ready but of course there's no way to know that at this right moment.

I don't know. Looks like such a huge anniversary to miss but maybe they'll do nothing in the end. We'll see next week.

The fact that Guy Oseary updated her IG profile pic to the first album cover maybe should be an indication of something... I hope so.

True of FEL, but still fans knew she was putting together a remix compilation initially under the title "Remix Revolution", starting in Janaury 2022. She posted a lot of clips in her stories and Instagram regarding it.  While I agree that wasn't traditional promotion, but again fans knew something was happening.

I agree the whole Madonna 40 would be too huge of an opportunity to miss.  My guess that the store would have been updated with tour merchandise as soon as the tour started and then possibly they were planning to add M40 products and start taking orders for a Expanded Re-release of the album.  So maybe the latter is still going ahead.  But yeah, it's all a guess at this point.

Actually Guy updated his profile (which I'm sure that is what you meant) of her debut album pic when he made the announcement that Madonna was hospitalizes and everything was on pause.  But yeah, him doing that definitely could have been hinting at something. Like mentioned, I'm still holding out hope for something to happen.  Sounds as if you are too! :)

25 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Yeah and I think guy had changed it to that pic before the health scare happened. You’d think there’s *something* in the pipeline. I hope they don’t delay it bc of her health. It’s not like she has to do anything.

Even if we get nothing grand, I’d imagine there will be at least some minimal efforts that mirror recent reissues or anniversaries. They could recertify it for attention a la TIC; digitally release an anniv edition w/nothing especially rare a la TB; and of course post for sale overpriced throws, shirts and slip covers a la Erotica, ROL & AL. 

42 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

Yeah and I think guy had changed it to that pic before the health scare happened. You’d think there’s *something* in the pipeline. I hope they don’t delay it bc of her health. It’s not like she has to do anything.

Even if we get nothing grand, I’d imagine there will be at least some minimal efforts that mirror recent reissues or anniversaries. They could recertify it for attention a la TIC; digitally release an anniv edition w/nothing especially rare a la TB; and of course post for sale overpriced throws, shirts and slip covers a la Erotica, ROL & AL. 

Have to agree with you.  It's possible he changed the pic beforehand, but it would be an odd time to switch it early since that was last month. 

And yeah, she really has doesn't have to do anything to re-release the first album because I'm sure if she did do anything to help promote it, such as photos, videos, etc, it would have been prior to her hospitalization as the tour was just a few weeks away.  I'm sure at this point she and her team had all the merchandising and what not done by this time, as it would have all at least gone live a few weeks later.

It will be upsetting if it's just a mere digital/streaming update like LAP or True Blue, because this is the time to really make this a moment with merchandise and physical formats as well.

17 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

I mean, whoever at Warner got her to sign that contract that this whole thread is about - the one that stated expanded deluxe versions will be coming - should be ready to sue Madonna's team's asses for not coming through on their side of the bargain if they don't announce anything

I am hoping we get a rainbow vinyl edition with undiscovered colors made by scientists to celebrate the 40 anniversary😍

26 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

I mean, whoever at Warner got her to sign that contract that this whole thread is about - the one that stated expanded deluxe versions will be coming - should be ready to sue Madonna's team's asses for not coming through on their side of the bargain if they don't announce anything

While discussed many times here,  the re-release of expanded deluxe versions of her landmark albums were just part of the deal.  It's odd how some keep trying to re-interpret what the 2021 press statement originally and clearly stated.   Yes, the re-release expanded deluxe albums are what the fans are mostly excited about, but the press statement was clear about that being overseen by others, while Madonna will also curate other special releases at the same time.  It was clear to be a multi-year deal with NO promise of when the actual expanded re-releases would start.  FEL kicked off the special curated releases.  We can't dismiss that as that was a pretty significant release which has been released on all formats, and even re-issued on Colored Vinyl again this year.  Not only that, Warner was behind the audio release of the digital and streaming release of the MX Tour two months after the deal was announced.

51 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

I can’t believe we are still talking about FEL - a release from nearly a year ago 🙄

anyway get better M 🥰😘

Well it's still charting and selling.  And how is this any different than back in the day, when her albums would have a lifespan of a year or two in charting and selling decently?  I understand FEL is far from the old days, but it's the most recent release on all formats.  Not only that, it's been re-issued on Vinyl again, so it's all good! :party:

4 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Hopefully they get something a bit more special this time like a mug or a candle 

Perhaps they’ll have commissioned a lithograph that says “ Live, Laugh, Lucky Star”, w/a drawing of her based on the album photoshoot. Would go great w/the “Burning Up” set of scented candles that have her face printed on them.