MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

When some members say Madonna or Warner didn't promise anything to us, I wonder, as english is not my first language.

What does it mean exactly?

"Madonna will personally curate expansive deluxe editions for many of her landmark albums"

I understood there will be extended deluxe versions of each album? Am I nuts?

4 minutes ago, lap said:

When some members say Madonna or Warner didn't promise anything to us, I wonder, as english is not my first language.

What does it mean exactly?

"Madonna will personally curate expansive deluxe editions for many of her landmark albums"

I understood there will be extended deluxe versions of each album? Am I nuts?

In reference to what I've posted in the past, it's a matter of nothing being promised at a certain time.  People keep asking "where are these deluxe re-issues?"  A perfectly legit question, but we also must remember that the Warner deal also says, "multi-year" deal.  

36 minutes ago, McDonna said:

In reference to what I've posted in the past, it's a matter of nothing being promised at a certain time.  People keep asking "where are these deluxe re-issues?"  A perfectly legit question, but we also must remember that the Warner deal also says, "multi-year" deal.  

Well in 2 years we’ve not had ONE expansive deluxe edition of her landmark albums - I think that’s the reason for many on our frustrations here ….

10 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Well in 2 years we’ve not had ONE expansive deluxe edition of her landmark albums - I think that’s the reason for many on our frustrations here ….

And that's where "the promise" talk comes in.  Nothing was "promised" during that time period.  Meanwhile a lot has come from the deal since it was announced.  And I think you know that I've been fair to recognize the "frustration" you and others have.  You know that I even expected something by now.  Still, nothing has been promised, so it's my own fault to set such an expectation when nothing has been promised to be released within that time period. 

41 minutes ago, McDonna said:

And that's where "the promise" talk comes in.  Nothing was "promised" during that time period.  Meanwhile a lot has come from the deal since it was announced.  And I think you know that I've been fair to recognize the "frustration" you and others have.  You know that I even expected something by now.  Still, nothing has been promised, so it's my own fault to set such an expectation when nothing has been promised to be released within that time period. 

Gentle reminder that you should be on complainers side after July 27th :Madonna005:

8 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

if fans have taken it upon themselves to have a release date for an imaginary reissue that hasn't been announced yet in their heads and the release date passes with nothing happening, you really can't get mad as it's your own fault for having unrealisitc expectations

That's what I said when people thought a unannounced album with no database leaks would appear randomly in streaming and physical preorders

8 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I swear I've never seen any other fan base treating a press release like it was a contract owing them something.

Press release = hype. Plans evolve, change, sometimes even never happen in the end.

And yes, I want the reissues too and was disappointed at the lack of "M40", but please.

While I understand why people are frustrated, but yeah, what you said.  Besides, it's not like nothing has come of this deal.  But as mentioned a million times by many of us, the deal is more than just about Re-issues. Though some fans seem to dismiss what has come from this so far, and narrate that nothing has come from it.  LOL!  So many digital/streaming releases have come from this and we received a brand new compilation of her music (FEL) which came in all formats.  Curated releases such as American Life Mix Show and now MX Live Tour.  And not to mention the re-issue of Everybody (Vinyl, Digital, streaing) and a rare Erotica Vinyl Picture disc. 

The funny thing about this situation is the fact that even one hit wonders have had their deluxe expanded treatment miking on dated albums while Madonna (once known as a marketing genius) and her team (label Warner ) don't even take a chance to create buzz on the 40 anniversary date. Anyway it sounds obvious that M never liked celebrating old stuff, so my dream  just to get unreleased material like "warning signs" or "desperately seeking Susan" is I guess very compromised (the Like a Virgin era might be the most interesting in terms of "unreleased" material, as I doubt that beside what has already surfaced from the first album there might be more stuff, unless she gets rights from the Camille Barbone recording period...)

i honestly think it is madonna herself who doesn’t green-lit the project of re-issues. she might prioritize the tour, a new song and ultimately the 'biopic'. so my guess, besides the tour, all the nostalgia pr / re-issue / her actively making promo is saved for that

6 minutes ago, Erotico said:

The funny thing about this situation is the fact that even one hit wonders have had their deluxe expanded treatment miking on dated albums while Madonna (once known as a marketing genius) and her team (label Warner ) don't even take a chance to create buzz on the 40 anniversary date. Anyway it sounds obvious that M never liked celebrating old stuff, so my dream  just to get unreleased material like "warning signs" or "desperately seeking Susan" is I guess very compromised (the Like a Virgin era might be the most interesting in terms of "unreleased" material, as I doubt that beside what has already surfaced from the first album there might be more stuff, unless she gets rights from the Camille Barbone recording period...)

One hit wonders need to release the same thing over and over; other artists with more modest results nowadays just like to celebrate their glory days/hit albums... I mean, how many times can Alanis reissue and celebrate her "Jagged" album? :smile: But some people are just like that, you can see Alanis likes to do it.

Sadly for us, Madonna is not like that and she really doesn't need any of that, her royalties are already huge without the need of reissuing her old albums.

So anything we get... is truly a bonus.

35 minutes ago, Prayer said:

One hit wonders need to release the same thing over and over; other artists with more modest results nowadays just like to celebrate their glory days/hit albums... I mean, how many times can Alanis reissue and celebrate her "Jagged" album? :smile: But some people are just like that, you can see Alanis likes to do it.

Sadly for us, Madonna is not like that and she really doesn't need any of that, her royalties are already huge without the need of reissuing her old albums.

So anything we get... is truly a bonus.

A lot of it is because Madonna isn't really interested in being too nostalgic.  Madonna doesn't accept that just because her last three albums aren't producing hits and sales like her previous that she should just rely on the old stuff. Even her tours, are heavily based on her latest releases, even though the general public may have no idea what those songs are.  Meanwhile, other artists accept they only have that one break out album or two, so while they may try to release material, they feel obligated to their fans to keep breathing life in the old stuff.  In a way, I think some fans want that from Madonna, and that is why we have so many frustrated fans of late.  The thing is, Madonna isn't interested in going back and rehashing the old hits. She wants to keep moving on. Maybe that's starting to change with Madonna with the new tour and possibly this latest Warner deal.  Yet, Madonna might still be hesitant to put too much focus on her old stuff. I can see she prefers to leave them "as is", let people experience how they were originally intended, without all the demos and unreleased songs, which were left off for a reason.  It's like famous paintings. Once an artist finishes it, it is done! They don't go back and change it.  It became what it was based on what was done at that time. Adding to it, would simply change what the artist originally cared to share and/or was inspired by at the time.

And I don't see Madonna too interested in sharing anything she's left off or has been unfinished. She's proven to be too much of a perfectionist to share the songs she isn't satisfied with.  Then again, that might be changing as of late, but I still don't expect Madonna will re-issue her albums in the typical fashion as other artists do.