MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

26 minutes ago, Cyberraga said:

Do you mean the version "before switching lyrics to Fever"? If so I don't want it. It's still better than Just Say Roe version but still I don't wanna it. :laughing: 

I love that jazzy straight pass demo. 

No, I don't mean THIS version.

I mean this, as stated here on

The screenshot's here if you don't wanna go there (by "LOC mix", club78boy means the RAIN TAPES aka THE LIBRARY OF CONGRESS TAPES version specifically THE STRAIGHT PASS DEMO (as universally known by M fans), since what actually leaked back in late 2006 was the FINAL DEMO version INCORRECTLY LABELED AS STRAIGHT PASS DEMO as CONFIRMED WHEN ACTUAL RAIN TAPES LEAKED IN FULL).

Screenshot_20231021_172742_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f6a286abc87715d315b45d9a52db3d7c.jpg

I think in terms of masterpieces, the holy trinity is:

Erotica, Like a Prayer and American Life

All three albums really hold up today.

everything that was released after was just a hodge podge of random songs other than Ray of Light which sounds horribly dated and 90s. Confessions still sounds good but the songs lack much substance. 

18 hours ago, Honey Little said:

everything that was released after was just a hodge podge of random songs other than Ray of Light which sounds horribly dated and 90s. Confessions still sounds good but the songs lack much substance. 

If you think Ray of light sounds dated, you have to say the same for Erotica. It's my favourite album, but it definitely sounds 90's. 

On 10/21/2023 at 12:12 PM, Anapausis said:

And the version that was given the ok to be on Erotica was much more closer to the released, tamed, bizarre version than to the early, raw, slap-on-the-face one.

I’m sorry but where did this narrative come from that a specific version was “given the ok” to be on the album?

11 minutes ago, deathproof said:

I’m sorry but where did this narrative come from that a specific version was “given the ok” to be on the album?

Well, this narrative comes from deduction after putting the pieces of the puzzle together. I am aware this is the type of situation where the full scene must keep being a tight lipped secret to every part involved in it. But thanks to point that out.

4 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Well, this narrative comes from deduction after putting the pieces of the puzzle together. I am aware this is the type of situation where the full scene must keep being a tight lipped secret to every part involved in it. But thanks to point that out.

But what’s the deduction and the pieces to the puzzle?

On 10/20/2023 at 1:58 PM, Anapausis said:

@Honey Littlejust for clarification, this was what Warner said "ok" to be on Erotica album:

No wonder M went pissed off with such a "strategy."

Thanks to my delusional constant checking of this thread hoping for real updates about the desired reissues, I learned that I missed this particular leak, I had no idea that this hybrid of arrangements and melodies had seen the light of day. Thank you.

Edited by desperateK (see edit history)

On 10/22/2023 at 6:12 PM, Honey Little said:

😂😂😂😂😂 Erotica is by far her most dated-sounding album.

Ray Of Light, to this very day, is one of her most universally acclaimed albums and it sounds NOTHING like the stuff that was released in the late 90s.

Confessions is a perfectly polished pop album. It’s not as edgy as Music or American Life but there is an incredible amount of depth in the songs and lots of self-referential lyrics.

I have seen many votes, megarates, etc. on several forums or groups on social media. The three albums from the first three decades that always end up superior are:

Like A Prayer

Ray Of Light

Confessions On A Dance Floor

Erotica and American Life are her two flop albums that have acquired a significant amount of fans, mostly because they felt that those albums deserve "justice" after being labeled as flops. Every artist has one or two albums of that sort. I wouldn’t call them masterpieces by any means but sometimes they were ahead of their time.

• 2 weeks later...