MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

39 minutes ago, Shoful said:

It’s honestly criminal if she skips debut for LAV. I know LAV is bigger but Debut sweeps the floor with LAV. Think of Me alone clears every track on LAV :Madonna014:

No love for I know it then ? 😂😂 it makes sense to me but probably not to her team to release both of these as I don’t think there is much unreleased from this era - throw in the VT in highest quality and the paradise garage gig and I’m sold 😜

4 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

No love for I know it then ? 😂😂 it makes sense to me but probably not to her team to release both of these as I don’t think there is much unreleased from this era - throw in the VT in highest quality and the paradise garage gig and I’m sold 😜

I think Like a Virgin with The Virgin Tour included would be a really smart move. Especially if they have the 3 extra songs missing from the vhs.

25 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

If they are indeed planning one for LAV, I hope it's more of a double-album box set thing of "The First Two Albums" and her debut is just as much a part of the release as Virgin. 

That sounds horrible :laughing:

And you know they’ll get a fan to design a unique cover for that :suffer:

5 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Yeah, I was on team debut album to get the works, but when that anniversary came and gone, I figured there's a great possibility that they are hitting the albums that really made a huge impact on the world. For us fans, the debut album fits the bill, but in reality, LAV was truly a landmark for her world-wide success.  My hope; LAV 40th will get the right treatment. It deserves it.  Though, I'm pretty sure whatever they do, it won't satisfy all fans. I don't expect a lot of demos and extras, but I'm sure there will a few.  If we don't hear anything by September, then we're not getting any Deluxe expansion this year.

34 minutes ago, Donna said:

Yeah, I was on team debut album to get the works, but when that anniversary came and gone, I figured there's a great possibility that they are hitting the albums that really made a huge impact on the world. For us fans, the debut album fits the bill, but in reality, LAV was truly a landmark for her world-wide success.  My hope; LAV 40th will get the right treatment. It deserves it.  Though, I'm pretty sure whatever they do, it won't satisfy all fans. I don't expect a lot of demos and extras, but I'm sure there will a few.  If we don't hear anything by September, then we're not getting any Deluxe expansion this year.

Well, considering they are most probably going to reissue it on vinyl as well (this is where money is these days, so it doesn't make any sense to release CD only reissue), we need to hear something in June, since Warner has to schedule vinyl printings at least 6 months in advance for November anniversary (if there is any, but personally I am more than sceptical after debut 40th). And as soon as that info leaves Warner office and vinyl pressing plants get the listing from Warner (which needs to happen in June if they want to have vinyls ready in November), it will leak like crazy there is a reissue planned for November. 

2 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

Well, considering they are most probably going to reissue it on vinyl as well (this is where money is these days, so it doesn't make any sense to release CD only reissue), we need to hear something in June, since Warner has to schedule vinyl printings at least 6 months in advance for November anniversary (if there is any, but personally I am more than sceptical after debut 40th). And as soon as that info leaves Warner office and vinyl pressing plants get the listing from Warber, it will leak like crazy there is a reissue planned for November. 

I don't know. It seems Madonna's camp has been able to keep a tight lid on things for the last couple of years. I mean; no one knew of the Weeknd song. That song just dropped on us.  It very well could be in the process of being printed as we speak.  Then again, being how popular vinyl is lately, I suspect things are moving much quicker anymore. 

I understand the skepticism though. I'm letting this faith ride for the LAV re-issue, but if it doesn't happen, then I'll be thinking, that the re-issues of the expanded albums are not happening anymore. :)

4 minutes ago, Donna said:

I don't know. It seems Madonna's camp has been able to keep a tight lid on things for the last couple of years. I mean; no one knew of the Weeknd song. That song just dropped on us.  It very well could be in the process of being printed as we speak.  Then again, being how popular vinyl is lately, I suspect things are moving much quicker anymore. 

I understand the skepticism though. I'm letting this faith ride for the LAV re-issue, but if it doesn't happen, then I'll be thinking, that the re-issues of the expanded albums are not happening anymore. :)

I actually read somewhere that DVD's are making a come back - maybe we might get the RIT on DVD finally lol 

1 hour ago, Donna said:

Well, you are mixing apples with pears a bit here. :)Keeping a secret recording single song in secured studio is on Warner responsibility. 

Ordering a pressing of thousands vinyls via completely external vinyl pressing company is different thing (they would need to provide quite extensive details upfront), the information will immediately get outside of Warner premises and basically any of their chance to keep it secret (therefore leak) 

I have a feeling she’ll show up on the new Katy Perry project. Which will keep up ticking over. I think the recording studio thing was for Katy and not for M. 
We’ve probably got a few lil features to come before the tour audios video  release. I think the image of elder with a microphone the other day is possibly for some overdubs for the film. Maybe vocals or maybe some voice over bits. Hopefully the turn around for the tour is quick and done in the next six weeks. Celebration summer and then a small gap before LAV 40 with her new material coming early 2025.
After the success of the tour I could even see Warner licensing a new Greatest Hits collection. Sort of like The Immaculate Collection followed Blond Ambition but I think that’s probably a long shot since the remix comp and Celebration Tour is pretty much the greatest hits live anyway. Even if it’s not really. 

8 hours ago, maddy1111 said:

Well, you are mixing apples with pears a bit here. :)Keeping a secret recording single song in secured studio is on Warner responsibility. 

Ordering a pressing of thousands vinyls via completely external vinyl pressing company is different thing (they would need to provide quite extensive details upfront), the information will immediately get outside of Warner premises and basically any of their chance to keep it secret (therefore leak) 

Well that's easy to assume yet not far fetched, but it doesn't mean it will leak.  I've just noticed the last few years, we just don't have the "insiders" like we use to these days. 

7 minutes ago, Donna said:

Well that's easy to assume yet not far fetched, but it doesn't mean it will leak.  I've just noticed the last few years, we just don't have the "insiders" like we use to these days. 

But that's the point, you don't even need to an insider for this info to "leak". Insider is usually someone close to Madonna or her team or working on some of her projects. Here, we don't even need an insider in traditional sense, Warner would need to provide these info to multiple vinyl pressing companies, so it will be became sort of "public info" immediately. Knowing a process a bit, I cannot imagine how they can keep this part top secret until September (or whenever they want to announce it) if they need to order thousands of vinyls in June at the latest (assuming November release date) 

23 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

But that's the point, you don't even need to an insider for this info to "leak". Insider is usually someone close to Madonna or her team or working on some of her projects. Here, we don't even need an insider in traditional sense, Warner would need to provide these info to multiple vinyl pressing companies, so it will be became sort of "public info" immediately. Knowing a process a bit, I cannot imagine how they can keep this part top secret until September (or whenever they want to announce it) if they need to order thousands of vinyls in June at the latest (assuming November release date) 

I don't disagree, but it doesn't mean it can't be kept under wraps still. I am not saying until September, but things can be in motion at this moment.  I honestly don't think a repressing of an older album is going be that big of news but to harder core fans anyway.  My point is; I don't feel we have the people we used to who are looking into these things as we use to. As much as I hate to say this, the public isn't necessarily clamoring to be desperately searching for info for a re-release of an old album.

30 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

I don't know, I don't really agree. I've never heard of a leak coming from vinyl orders. Taylor never manages to have any leaks even as her secret albums are being pressed in the millions before she even announces them.

1 hour ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

I don't know, I don't really agree. I've never heard of a leak coming from vinyl orders. Taylor never manages to have any leaks even as her secret albums are being pressed in the millions before she even announces them.

I am not following Taylor at all, so cannot comment on that, have no idea what is leaking about her releases upfront and what not, but actually I heard about multiple vinyls to be pressed in advance (like details about what artists, when vinyl should be ready etc. Of course not specifics about tracklist and such). But as @Donna mentioned above, I agree people probably are not looking into these things as we are, or as they used to. I probably know about it only because I have some friends very close to Czech vinyl pressing companies, but I have also seen the leaked lists of vinyls prepared to be pressed on web multiple times (even some of the RSD releases, but maybe I am only browsing some obscure dark web pages, lol). But again, probably no one really cares these days (expect very few hardcore fans), so such limited info is not very exciting until something is officially announced.