MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

3 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I don’t believe Madonna will be forgotten anytime soon. Movies like The Wizard of Oz and Gone with the Wind are almost 100 years old and still get screened and talked about. There is music that old that still gets streamed or featured in films, tv, ads etc

Her influence on pop culture will be studied for centuries ahead.

She will be mentioned whenever someone breaks her record.

12 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

Not really, other than "insiders" claiming LAV40 was ready. 

Yeah, insiders are kind of joke these days. Not what it used to be. Anyone claiming anything on social media networks.. Expect that one who revealed Bedtime Story EP in November, he's cool (even if I forgot his username in a meantime) 

6 hours ago, maddy1111 said:

Yeah, insiders are kind of joke these days. Not what it used to be. Anyone claiming anything on social media networks.. Expect that one who revealed Bedtime Story EP in November, he's cool (even if I forgot his username in a meantime) 

It’s Whoopie, also Madonnabible on insta 

5 minutes ago, Erotico said:

Are we still on time for Like A Virgin 40?? these expanded reissues turned in  such a joke...

new hd upload from sept 14, 1984 mtv awards

It’s hard to say. One theory that was mentioned and did make sense was an announcement could come on the anniversary of the LAV performance at the MTV Awards, which is next Saturday 14th. I guess if that comes and goes with nothing mentioned, I kind of give up. It’s all good and well these “insiders” telling us the deluxe sets are coming and are ready, but at this point, there’s no evidence to support it and we’re getting closer and closer to the anniversary of LAV, 9 weeks to be exact. 

1 hour ago, RyanUK said:

It’s hard to say. One theory that was mentioned and did make sense was an announcement could come on the anniversary of the LAV performance at the MTV Awards, which is next Saturday 14th. I guess if that comes and goes with nothing mentioned, I kind of give up. It’s all good and well these “insiders” telling us the deluxe sets are coming and are ready, but at this point, there’s no evidence to support it and we’re getting closer and closer to the anniversary of LAV, 9 weeks to be exact. 

Yeah, this next week would be a great oppurtunity to unveil LAV 40 expanded re-issue.  Of course, I don't see it happening at the VMA's, but at best maybe an announcement from her team/website around next week sometime.  At this point, I am ready to pack it in for these expanded re-issues because I would think any physical re-issue will have pre-orders starting sometime soon if they are looking for a November anniversary release.  My other thought is on the actual anniversary in November, they will announce it.  I'm not really putting much stock in either, but I do have hope.   :)

9 hours ago, Erotico said:

Are we still on time for Like A Virgin 40?? these expanded reissues turned in  such a joke...

new hd upload from sept 14, 1984 mtv awards

We'd still be on time until next week for a November release but... not gonna happen. There's literally no sign or rumor about it.

That MTV upload is part of their legacy to promote this year's VMAs.

Give up on the reissues. They're not coming, at least for now. Next is "The Celebration Tour" release and the biopic.

Like anything, when the expectation gap is not managed the end result is rarely going to be satisfying. It will please a very small minority being the focus of monetizing Madonna via these releases, they have pigeon holed her and she seems to have bought into it since confessions. There is $$ beyond the gay dance scene. Imagine tapping into that mine of wannabees dormant since the 80's

The overwhelming response if they do decide to release anything will be - we waited 20 years for that...

5 hours ago, Prayer said:

We'd still be on time until next week for a November release but... not gonna happen. There's literally no sign or rumor about it.

That MTV upload is part of their legacy to promote this year's VMAs.

Give up on the reissues. They're not coming, at least for now. Next is "The Celebration Tour" release and the biopic.

I think they're holding off for the Celebration live album as well, which knowing her won't be released until Xmas 2025. Then after that she'll likely record a new album, then the biopic soundtrack, then a few small special releases for RSD, etc. Yeah, we ain't getting a reissue 

37 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

I think they're holding off for the Celebration live album as well, which knowing her won't be released until Xmas 2025. Then after that she'll likely record a new album, then the biopic soundtrack, then a few small special releases for RSD, etc. Yeah, we ain't getting a reissue 

I agree. Her focus now will be the Celebration Tour film and the biopic. She’s never been one to look back and indulge in legacy reissues and I think somewhere along the line since the 2021 press release, the deluxe editions have been scrapped. I didn’t hold out much hope for them back then to be honest when I knew she would be the one putting them together. It’s not her style, sadly. If we were going to get them, she’s had plenty of time to put them together. Erotica, Ray of Light and Like a Prayer have all had significant anniversaries and are classed as landmark albums, and we’ve had three years for these to be released and we’ve had nothing. I think that in itself is our answer guys. 

2 minutes ago, RyanUK said:

I agree. Her focus now will be the Celebration Tour film and the biopic. She’s never been one to look back and indulge in legacy reissues and I think somewhere along the line since the 2021 press release, the deluxe editions have been scrapped. I didn’t hold out much hope for them back then to be honest when I knew she would be the one putting them together. It’s not her style, sadly. If we were going to get them, she’s had plenty of time to put them together. Erotica and Ray of Light have both had significant anniversaries and are classed as landmark albums, and we’ve had three years for these to be released and we’ve had nothing. I think that in itself is our answer guys. 

Good luck getting anyone in here to accept the obvious 

1 minute ago, Blue Jean said:

Good luck getting anyone in here to accept the obvious 

It doesn’t help when certain forum members are stoking the fire by almost guaranteeing that reissues are coming and are ready to go, yet are not able to give any more info on dates etc. @deathproof is one that I trust because he has been known to offer true information. Like with the Bedtime Stories RSD release for example. 

4 minutes ago, RyanUK said:

It doesn’t help when certain forum members are stoking the fire by almost guaranteeing that reissues are coming and are ready to go, yet are not able to give any more info on dates etc. @deathproof is one that I trust because he has been known to offer true information. Like with the Bedtime Stories RSD release for example. 

But probably they actually worked on them while the plan was shooting the biopic in 2023 before that was changed and some of then are indeed ready to go, it's just that she got cold feet or decided not go with them just yet.

So maybe that info was correct after all.

9 minutes ago, Prayer said:

But probably they actually worked on them while the plan was shooting the biopic in 2023 before that was changed and some of then are indeed ready to go, it's just that she got cold feet or decided not go with them just yet.

So maybe that info was correct after all.

Yes that makes a lot of sense and could well be the reason for them not materialising. 

Does anyone know if there's still like a 6 month lead time for vinyl production?  If any of these reissues would be released on vinyl (which is highly likely) I would expect retailers to have advanced knowledge.  Which unfortunately means that if we don't know anything at the moment it's probably not coming any time #soon (unless she releases digital only and then makes us all wait several months for the vinyl versions).

7 minutes ago, luckypierre78 said:

Does anyone know if there's still like a 6 month lead time for vinyl production?  If any of these reissues would be released on vinyl (which is highly likely) I would expect retailers to have advanced knowledge.  Which unfortunately means that if we don't know anything at the moment it's probably not coming any time #soon (unless she releases digital only and then makes us all wait several months for the vinyl versions).

Kylie's new album is coming on Xmas, and it will be announced probably in the next few days and certainly is on vinyl too...

The Like a virgin single anniversary is Oct 31, the album Nov 12....

Really doubt anything is coming....

11 minutes ago, luckypierre78 said:

I would go as far as to say nothing is coming this year in the way of the deluxe album boxsets. LAV celebrates its 40th anniversary on November 12, which is 8 weeks away. Preorders and hype would be well in swing by now. I wondered whether the 40th anniversary of the VMA’s performance would bring some news about the LAV40 reissue, but as per, it was wishful thinking. 

What's unbelievabe is the lack of any press release about the reissues, for them being either ready to go or postponed / cancelled. Not only that, but the complete lack of mention of this plan since this whole thing even started, silence by everyone and nothing more... Are we sure we didnt collectively hallucinate on the 16th of August in 2021? It actually makes more sense for the Warner announcement to be the illusory manifestation of our delusions and meltdowns if you think about it 

8 minutes ago, Andreo said:

What's unbelievabe is the lack of any press release about the reissues, for them being either ready to go or postponed / cancelled. Not only that, but the complete lack of mention of this plan since this whole thing even started, silence by everyone and nothing more... Are we sure we didnt collectively hallucinate on the 16th of August in 2021? It actually makes more sense for the Warner announcement to be the illusory manifestation of our delusions and meltdowns if you think about it 

I think that would make more sense at this point! I guess they could announce the LAV 40 boxset on the actual anniversary? I can’t see them not acknowledging the anniversary like they did with the debut.

@deathproofcould you shed any light on any possible upcoming releases?