MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

49 minutes ago, RyanUK said:

I think that would make more sense at this point! I guess they could announce the LAV 40 boxset on the actual anniversary? I can’t see them not acknowledging the anniversary like they did with the debut.

@deathproofcould you shed any light on any possible upcoming releases? 

I dont think anniversary editions have to come out necessarily on the same day of their original version, even just an announcement can happen. With this in mind, some might still hold their breath until November for an eventual announcement and preorder but i personally dont expect anything anymore

2 hours ago, RyanUK said:

I think that would make more sense at this point! I guess they could announce the LAV 40 boxset on the actual anniversary? I can’t see them not acknowledging the anniversary like they did with the debut.

@deathproofcould you shed any light on any possible upcoming releases? 

i dont have anything else other than the 2 things i already posted

Anniversaries can be very off these days, you know that. 

Twisted Sister's album Stay Hungry was released on 10th of May, 1984, and the 40th anniversary is coming on 4th of October, 2024, so... Exact dates are apparantly not important in the record business.

With the risk of once again upsetting Debbie Downer (It'll never happen, you're dreamers, bla bla bla) I still think the deluxes are coming when Madonna think they're ready for it.

Inside The Groove said not too long ago that Madonna worked on the deluxes last summer, but Rhino/Warner has to have a say in the matter too, and then there are probably a thousand small details we're not aware of that Madonna and Rhino/Warner picks apart. We all know how important details are to Madonna.

With that said, I agree with some here. It's too late for an announcement this year. First we have the rumoured Bedtime Stories remix ep, and then we have Christmas. 

Something might happen in February, when Christmas is over, and we have money again. 

Unless Record Store Day..? No, shut up @Celebration. You're upsetting yourself now. 

1 hour ago, Celebration said:

Inside The Groove said not too long ago that Madonna worked on the deluxes last summer, but Rhino/Warner has to have a say in the matter too, and then there are probably a thousand small details we're not aware of that Madonna and Rhino/Warner picks apart. We all know how important details are to Madonna.

I think Inside The Groove was BS in the end and probably speculating, just like the rest of us.

Obviously for some reason she doesn't feel like it at this moment. Maybe originally they were meant to go along with the biopic, as noted by some fans, but plans about them changed when the overall movie plan changed and she went on tour.

I think @steady75 commented that, but the rumored RSD "Bedtime Stories" EP will be the real test of what she and Warner are really willing to offer. If there are truly unreleased demos and stuff there or just simple edits or things we already have.

17 minutes ago, RyanUK said:

I wonder what the November 12 item could be? That’s the anniversary date of LAV, so must be related. 

🤷‍♂️

the date has been up since May. But no other details are out for it. Not sure what it can be.

Nov 12 is also a Tuesday.

It could just be something similar to previous anniversaries: articles, social media campaigns, etc etc

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Stop staring blindly at anniversary dates. You're only setting yourselves up for disappointment.

Lots of landmark albums by other artists were not reissued on any anniversary:

Howard Jones: Dream Into Action.
Originally released on 11th of March, 1985. Deluxe box set released on 30th of November, 2018

George Michael: Faith.
Originally released on the 2nd of November, 1987. Deluxe box set released on 31st of January, 2011

Bruce Springsteen: Darkness On The Edge Of Town.
Originally released on the 2nd of June, 1978. Deluxe box set released on 16th of November, 2010.

The list goes on and on.  

The fun little EP:s that Madonna releases, Who's That Girl 35th Anniversary, and the 20th anniversary remix of American Life is not the same as putting a big deluxe edition together. 

Now IF Inside The Groove was correct when he said that Madonna worked on the reissue project a few months ago, that tells me that it's cooking, but not ready yet. Or maybe it's in pre-production? Who knows?

Some say that she's had years to put everything together, but it's not like putting together a mixtape. Just look at the Prince boxes. There is ALOT of work behind them, and it took a LONG time to get them done. 

Sadly, it is time to face the truth.  Sit youself down while your kindly Uncle tells you.

It ain't happening.

Live album version of Who's that Girl tour, BAT, Girlie Show, Drowned World and Reinvention.  Ain't gonna happen.

Blu-ray of above.  Ain't gonna happen.

Yes, the Remix edits and extended versions (eg Gambler) and B-sides (eg Ain't no Big Deal) are WELL , WELL (as in 15 years) overdue and are very welcome.  But as for Burning Up (4'48), Live to Tell single, Dress You Up single, Let Down your Guard, actual versions of Borderline edit (etc) and especially OYH single (remix edit)....  Ain't gonna happen.

All the Erotica outtakes, demos, versions etc that are freely available on Youtube (and are a JOY to listen to).... Ain't gonna happen.

Boxed-set of ANYTHING. Let alone new photographs, liner notes, personal reflections (ie what THE REST OF THE WORLD IS DOING) A'int gonna happen.

Re-mastered (decently and sympathetically, to enhance the magic rather than frustrate the listener) anything other than post-Confessions.  A'int gonna happen.

We would all sell our first born, our mammas, and our One Great Love, to even have a sniff of the above before it was cruelly snatched away from us, and still- STILL- here we are with 2024 drawing to a close... and NOTHING. 

Bitch has spent 40 years telling us that she doesn't stop, don't tell her to stop (because she can keep going long after everyone else has stopped) yet even though her Music makes the people come together, the feeling that we have to be GRATEFUL to finally own CAC digitally or to be able to stream it, is humiliation rather than joy. Bitch was THE FIRST to release a single digitally (HUp) yet WE STILL WAITING.  I'm in my fifties now yet I was 12 when CAC was a thing.  It is clear, dear listener, to anyone that has kept up, that.... it Ain't gonna happen.

So, maybe, they kindness would be to just release a statement that clarifies what "they/she" is doing and if legacy releases are cancelled while the Bitch plans her next Art installation.  Then, we can all get on with our lives.  

There.  Someone had to say it.  Don't shoot the messenger. I been spending more dollas on Her Madgesty than I have even spent on myself over the last 40 years.  So the Bitch needs to made to understand that repayment of four decades of loyalty (and keeping her in the lifestyle...) wouldn't go amiss in the form of a a deluge of decent Music releases with all the works.

Have you read the Mary Gabriel book?  I have made it to the release of WE and I have learned ONE thing: our heroine is one controlling Narcissist. 

Ya'll wouldn't tolerate any of this from that Taylor Swift, now.

...but DO enjoy the True Blue artwork when the digital single is released #SOON

Lord, the younger me would NEVER, EVER have believed such cruelty. 

The older me is FLABBERGASTED at such non-sensically poor business sense!!!  (The world: "We need to raise BILLIONS to fight prejudice, disease, social inequality and injustice, AIDS, the effects of climate change and the impact of War in the Ukraine and and the Middle East."  Madonna: "Release the Super-deluxe Like a Virgin box set." Charities the world over: "Ker-ching!)

Peace, out.

The

1 minute ago, nito84bcn said:

The fact that fans didn't realise that Human nature was the first digital single reissued and Finally Enough Love the first curated physical project of this deal, still amaze me. 

I did. Nobody believed me. 

1 hour ago, Veronica-Electronica said:

The attitude of some fans that any artist ‘owes’ them anything, or that they are somehow being ripped off by not having deluxe editions etc is bizzare to me. 

Overdramatic much? Nobody is demanding anything here. At least the majority is pretty realistic and chilled for the most part IMHO. After three years however of being offered the same old same old is boring to a lot of people even though many fans try to gaslight the situation and pretend that so far the stuff we got has been the second coming. It has not. 
The next curated project will be the Bedtime Stories RSD release. In two weeks we will know if they have actually switched gears or if that release will be Let Down Your Guard and Your Honesty on silver vinyl. 

8 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

The fact that fans didn't realise that Human nature was the first digital single reissued and Finally Enough Love the first curated physical project of this deal, still amaze me. 

Don't you know?  If one doesn't like it, it's erased off like it never existed.  It doesn't count!  :tongue::ahh:

1 minute ago, BoyToyMark said:

I may be in the minority here, but at this point I'd be happy with a reissue of Hard Candy on LP and the Blond Ambition and Re-invention tours officially released in full.

It seems clear to me the whole Warner deal has pretty much been condensed to cultivating her back catalog as well as curating special releases.  I don't mind that at all.  Because if they aren't going to spend anytime in digging up some rare things for the Expansive Re-issues, then I rather not have them.