The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

5 hours ago, cjfinley said:

So looks like my Texas dates will now be towards the back end of the tour...so now the question is, do I change plans and take up a friend's offer of their spare tickets for London and travel there from Oz instead :thinker: 

It's a long way to go!

Do it, if you can do both ❤️

4 hours ago, PM3962 said:

Don't expect the concerts. She didn't say that there will be European dates. She just said that the tour is scheduled normally to begin etc

Madonna is no more a concert artist. Definitely.

BUT if you want tickets, go tho the dates in Koln, Germany. There are still many tickets in all the categories in a smaller venue. There are still VIP seats etc.

Don’t expect the concerts but buy tickets in Cologne? You okay?

8 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

As it will have the original scheduled dates on it so will need to reproduce with new dates for 2024 - likely just a few shirts

Maybe not? Since she had U.S. dates planned already in 2024 as well.  Possibly, if there are dates on any merchandise, it is not specific to regions and possibly just say "2023-24 Celebration World Tour".  I can't imagine them destroying merchandise over that being the tour still starts in 2023. 

31 minutes ago, tscott said:

Maybe not? Since she had U.S. dates planned already in 2024 as well.  Possibly, if there are dates on any merchandise, it is not specific to regions and possibly just say "2023-24 Celebration World Tour".  I can't imagine them destroying merchandise over that being the tour still starts in 2023. 

Some merch is venue/date specific. I can't remember the tour at this point but I know that there were shirts on one tour for Chicago that had "Chicago" plus the dates printed on the shirts. Maybe Sticky & Sweet Tour? Obviously if those were manufactured similarly this time around they would now be obsolete.

Same goes for programs - if the program included a page of the (original) full schedule of shows - the entire program is now obsolete and will need to be reprinted.

I'm sure her team is in the middle of dealing with a logistical nightmare

12 minutes ago, DJ N A said:

Some merch is venue/date specific. I can't remember the tour at this point but I know that there were shirts on one tour for Chicago that had "Chicago" plus the dates printed on the shirts. Maybe Sticky & Sweet Tour? Obviously if those were manufactured similarly this time around they would now be obsolete.

Same goes for programs - if the program included a page of the (original) full schedule of shows - the entire program is now obsolete and will need to be reprinted.

Good point.  I can see the Tour book being an issue specifically.  Those will most likely have the original dates in it.  But here's a thought, sell them "as is".  They still could reprint new ones with the new date, but maybe selling them with those original dates would make them more valuable or collectible. 

I can see her team saying, "oh fuck it! let's just leave them as is".  LOL!

5 minutes ago, tscott said:

Good point.  I can see the Tour book being an issue specifically.  Those will most likely have the original dates in it.  But here's a thought, sell them "as is".  They still could reprint new ones with the new date, but maybe selling them with those original dates would make them more valuable or collectible. 

I can see her team saying, "oh fuck it! let's just leave them as is".  LOL!

Not the same but remember the first pressing of the Bedtime Story cd? Where the art was flipped and incorrect?

21 minutes ago, DJ N A said:

Not the same but remember the first pressing of the Bedtime Story cd? Where the art was flipped and incorrect?

Yep.  In fact, I have the original first pressing of that on CD.  I recall not even thinking it was incorrect and it was the way it was supposed to be, until hearing about it it was wrong and the second pressings will be correct. It looked fine flipped. 

47 minutes ago, DJ N A said:

Drowned World had date specific t-shirts too

3 hours ago, DJ N A said:

3 hours ago, tscott said:

Yep.  In fact, I have the original first pressing of that on CD.  I recall not even thinking it was incorrect and it was the way it was supposed to be, until hearing about it it was wrong and the second pressings will be correct. It looked fine flipped. 

Uhm... Not to start a new debate in this thread, but the original pressing is the correct one that's still printed on vinyl, used on Spotify etc

12 minutes ago, Jackie said:

ha what if she changed it to B - A - C- T - E - R - I  -A  :P

See which infection you like and I'll have it for you
Come on in to my immune system, I've got antibiotics
Don't pretend you're not sick, I've seen it before
I've got lots of bacteria baby and so much more

madonna-madona.gif

29 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

Uhm... Not to start a new debate in this thread, but the original pressing is the correct one that's still printed on vinyl, used on Spotify etc

Well, I'm referring to the CD.  I have the first pressing (on CD) and it's the opposite of what is shown on Spotify.  I can't speak for the first pressing of the Vinyl. I never bought a copy then, and really hadn't paid attention until about two years ago when I finally bought a more recent pressing on vinyl.  She's right side up on that (like on Spotify).  The first pressing of the CD from 1994, her head is in the opposite direction (at least mine is). I bought it on the day it came out.

1 minute ago, tscott said:

Well, I'm referring to the CD.  I have the first pressing (on CD) and it's the opposite of what is shown on Spotify.  I can't speak for the first pressing of the Vinyl. I never bought a copy then, and really hadn't paid attention until about two years ago when I finally bought a more recent pressing on vinyl.  She's right side up on that (like on Spotify).  The first pressing of the CD from 1994, her head is in the opposite direction.

The pressing you are talking about is not the first pressing, it came out later 

1 hour ago, lucasciccone said:

See which infection you like and I'll have it for you
Come on in to my immune system, I've got antibiotics
Don't pretend you're not sick, I've seen it before
I've got lots of bacteria baby and so much more

madonna-madona.gif

Get up out of my bed (my bed)
Come on up to the doctor
I've got something so deep (so deep)
Come on up to the drug store
I need plenty of remedy (remedy)
Form a special prescription