POPULAR

3 minutes ago, Jackie said:

I do agree to me it’s not really a Madonna song it’s clearly all the weeknd - unlike vulgar which is clearly a Sam and Madonna track.

stil it’s great that it’s charting and she’ll get credited so that’s great!

So true!  It's so Weeknd, but I think what others are saying, wherever the song lands on the charts, she will get the credit as well. It will be considered another top 50 (or higher) for her as well.  This is exciting. 

And yes, Vulgar is totally Sam and Madonna's song. 

7 hours ago, tscott said:

She's on the track; so she'll get paid and given credit for however it charts just like The Weeknd and Playboi Carti.

Of course, I was thinking about the actual numbers reaction, I don't think they're following her but mostly The Weekend, that's all I ment. Personally it's definitely the kind of music I like the most so it was such a surprise for me :heart:

11 minutes ago, stefo said:

Of coursew, I was thinking about the actual numbers reaction, I don't think they're following her but mostly The Weekend, that's all I ment. Personally it's definitely the kind of music I like the most so it was such a surprise for me :heart:

You're right.  And even @Prayerpointed out in the Spotify thread, that at this time, the big uptick in her streaming is mostly from The Weeknd song.  But what it does is create a great PR moment for her.  A lot of people who didn't think she was still making music or might think this could be the beginning of a comeback moment.  I know many of the reaction videos for Popular that I saw, many stated they hadn't heard much from her and was pleasantly surprised in how she sounded on this track.  I think the release of the Vulgar track could even emphasize she's on the course of some sort of a "comeback"  if it's well received. 

15 minutes ago, f78k said:

‘The attention garnered by Madonna through "Popular" and its potential chart success will extend beyond the music realm. The song itself could be considered for nominations at prestigious award shows such as the Grammys or Emmys, depending on its utilization and submission. ‘ (from the article)

3 hours ago, f78k said:

It’s growing in the UK too.

They really need to promote it more agressively… bring on the cassette single 😅

You joke, but I'll be lining up purchasing one.  (Though, I prefer it just be a vinyl). 

Spend it 'til there's nothing
Spend your love on me
Spend your love on m

58 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

C list?  What "C"unts!  It should definitely be A listed.  What "A"ssholes!!  :laughing: