MADONNA The First Album Reissue 7.27.23/The Madonna Infinity Breakdown Thread

RUADJAI

16 minutes ago, Prayer said:

It's sad, more than anything. She doesn't need the money of a reissue (it never hurts either) but the celebration (ahem) of her catalogue should be a priority on the Warner deal. And "Finally Enough Love" proved that, while the digital singles are great, is the big old album what really sells and has notoriety. 

"Madonna 40" should have been released tomorrow, on digital and lots of physical editions, end of story. What better timing than on the actual 40th anniversary of the debut. News are reporting about the anniversary, fans are interested, potential casual buyers would have been interested.

Of course a Fall release is OK too, but it's really not the same.

I guess another idea is that maybe it was planned to be released, but due to her illness, this was postponed as well?  To me, it seems like it wouldn't be necessary to postpone the release of M40 re-issue.  It's not like she's needed to do promotion.  Like you said, there is the press which is talking about the album, her team still can put out promotional ads, messages on social media.  In fact, she made a video specifically for today's 40th anniversary with the mention of Lucky Star, so she could have easily turned that into something about the re-issue as well. 

Oh well, like you, I'm not mad.  It's just a bit ridiculous at this point.  I know no one promised anything today, but like you said, today would have been a great opportunity to at least announce the release of a re-issue for the debut album.  I'm sure there are many unknowns we aren't privy to, but c'mon it's been nearly two years since that press statement regarding her being back with Warner. :Madonna007:

57 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

On this airplane to Vegas right now and bummed as all hell that we got nothing of note! Maybe I should have an iconic on-board meltdown that gets recorded and goes viral on social media :silly:

New trending on twitter (X now?):Person on airplane gets tantrum over Madonna's first album not being reissued

:Madonna031:

The upcoming tour is already a great celebration for these 40 years of music.

The first album has already a lot of reissues , especially the picture disc from 2018. So let's stop crying and let's start enjoying and being grateful for all we already have. We are really lucky. Madonna is alive, she's getting well and she will be on tour in october. 

Having an old single online every 2 weeks, or new remixes, or new vinyls like American Life #20 this year, or FEL is part of the reissue campaing. It doesn't mean that it has to match every anniversary and of course they want to milk this for years, mixed with new releases like Popular or Vulgar. 

Enjoy the ride, she's still with us, and she gave a lot. If you have anixety, stream The First Album, and help her legacy increasing her numbers. The only thing that I don't like is when they contradict themselves with official info like the Justify my love HD video coming #soon and it happened 1 year and a half later. But nothing was announced for The first album...

36 minutes ago, Glassy24 said:

Never?

record-store-day-release-v0-cabas9piu7va1.webp

IMG_7356.webp

s-l1200.webp

It's humour right ?! she probably told Ricardo to put her virtual signing on an email to allow those new artworks and it took her less than 10 seconds... If you'd ask her what was the last release for her record day i guess she wouldn't be able to tell lolll. She absolutely doesn't give a shit to those anniversaries collectibles... Same for dolls, boxes etc... This gives her a headache. 

3 minutes ago, Prayer said:

According to addictiontovinyl on Instagram:

Deluxe editions of all.albums are coming over the next 4 years

https://www.instagram.com/p/CvN7oySNSj5/

Who knows. At this point now:

When they're ready they'll us and that's it.

Is he related to her team or just a guy putting speculations out?I could say she is gonna release it in 2 minutes (the announcement) but it could be fake

If he isn't related we are trusting a non related person

1 minute ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Is he related to her team or just a guy putting speculations out?I could say she is gonna release it in 2 minutes (the announcement) but it could be fake

If he isn't related we are trusting a non related person

I have no idea and truly: I don't care:Madonna003:

I mean, we've been reading things for a year now (two if we count the infamous 2021 press release) and nothing's happened. So when they're ready they'll be announced and that's the way it is.

3 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I have no idea and truly: I don't care:Madonna003:

I mean, we've been reading things for a year now (two if we count the infamous 2021 press release) and nothing's happened. So when they're ready they'll be announced and that's the way it is.

Same

Just think it's another guy with fake predictions

Not worth reading their messages online

38 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

It's humour right ?! she probably told Ricardo to put her virtual signing on an email to allow those new artworks and it took her less than 10 seconds... If you'd ask her what was the last release for her record day i guess she wouldn't be able to tell lolll. She absolutely doesn't give a shit to those anniversaries collectibles... Same for dolls, boxes etc... This gives her a headache. 

I was kidding too lol, though I don't think she doesn't know/care (hence the IG post). I'm inclined to believe the merch will launch closer to the new Celebration Tour dates, but not necessarily holding out hope haha.