Why is there still no tour programme?

diesel6888

I do find it odd that for a 40 year milestone celebration tour there is no sign of a tour programme? Rumours are that it contained a set list that changed very last minute i teh final stages of the UK rehersals in manchester! Unless the plan is to create a Biopic picture book that includes the tour after ? Who knows but its really dissapointing!

22 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

something like the rebel heart tour vip book would have been amazing, it had past info about tours, copies of tickets, costume sketches, guitar picks and a signature (probably pre printed but still v cool)

Yeah that one is awesome but was'nt celebrating an anniversary ?

15 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Maybe it came down to profit margin itself on the tour - and the cost vs return.

I think this is the issue. Those big tour programmes are not cheap to manufacture, the "Madame X" one was quite basic? and yet quite big and different qualities of paper inside, etc.

Sadly for us I don't think it's worth it for them anymore.

I have to agree that being this is a tour celebrating her 40 years, you'd think there would have been one.  I don't believe a change of "set list" would have had anything to do with it, being more of her tour books didn't always include the actual set list anyway.  I do hope something is released eventually, but as the tour goes on, it likely isn't going to happen.

24 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I think this is the issue. Those big tour programmes are not cheap to manufacture, the "Madame X" one was quite basic? and yet quite big and different qualities of paper inside, etc.

Sadly for us I don't think it's worth it for them anymore.

Yea, that's my thoughts too - if the tour margins were higher, they might have done it and been able to absorb it, and if it's correct the tour is funding her biopic then every dollar counts.

As someone who attends live theater regularly (and the occasional concert), I've noticed that a great deal of shows/artists are no longer producing tour programs. So I've inquired why with folks in the industry. According to them, tour programs are incredibly expensive to make, and are not the biggest sellers at merchandise stands. The cost to make them vs. how many sell is considered no longer viable to the industry...thus, a lot of artists/touring productions (concerts, theater, etc.) are no longer selling them.

6 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

As someone who attends live theater regularly (and the occasional concert), I've noticed that a great deal of shows/artists are no longer producing tour programs. So I've inquired why with folks in the industry. According to them, tour programs are incredibly expensive to make, and are not the biggest sellers at merchandise stands. The cost to make them vs. how many sell is considered no longer viable to the industry...thus, a lot of artists/touring productions (concerts, theater, etc.) are no longer selling them.

This makes sense. A shirt probably costs $5 to make - sell one for $60 and you've made your money back on 12.

14 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

I guess it comes down to the fact, they may not be selling many these days.  But like the shirts and other merchandise which I feel is overpriced, why can't they do the same with the tour program? I suspect most fans of any artist would still spend up to $50 to $75 for one. You can't tell me that at those prices they can't profit from it still?

But I agree, "merchandise" is where the money is made for artists.  That's pretty much how it's always been. So it makes sense why a lot of these items are ridiculously priced.  People are hyped to see their favorite artist and so they are willing to spend money on the merchandise.