I will survive or Express Yourself

5 hours ago, Prayer said:

In the acoustic form that particular spot has, "I Will Survive".

It's cute, but "Express Yourself" deserves all the fireworks and a big show, not an acoustic rendition. Plus she already sang a little acapella of it on the "Madame X Tour", so it's really more of the same. But it's lovely, of course.

I agree here.  Express Yourself needs to have more production. It's cute performed this way, but it's not really a song that is suiting to be acoustic. 

I Will Survive was pretty perfect where it was and it fit what she was trying to convey with the show.  She sounded great singing it too.

4 hours ago, dave2290 said:

i want to have both songs in the tour...... we dont need to pick one song or the other.... they both deserve to be there at that tour...

the fact that this is a GH tour is even more important....

Madonna live every single day every single second of her life following her song.... express yourself.... and she do it in an amazing way.....

but not only i will surive is a song by another Queen, Gloria Gaynor, but again is an expression of her life.... all the battles she fight to be there..... the death of her mother.... the rape in nyc, the messy wedding with sean, all the storm and shit they throw against her during the sex era..... ecc ecc

i will survive is a piece of her life.....

she is a survivour

the song need 

NEED

to be there.....

Well then she should've written a hit with that same message instead of having to sing someone else's.

5 hours ago, McDonna said:

I agree here.  Express Yourself needs to have more production. It's cute performed this way, but it's not really a song that is suiting to be acoustic. 

I Will Survive was pretty perfect where it was and it fit what she was trying to convey with the show.  She sounded great singing it too.

She sounded great on ey to.. 

I like that acoustic version 

I will survive acoustic version had a meaning last year, it was nice (not great as the original arrangement), but this is her greatest hits tour. 

Express Yourself is one of her strongest song, a very big and missed hit in the setlist and even it deserved a better production, the acoustic version is cute and she sounded very good.

I hope she replaces it over I will survive. 

20 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

Well then she should've written a hit with that same message instead of having to sing someone else's.

I mean... If you want to get technical... she basically did write a hit song with the same message as I Will Survive and even put a nod to it lyrically in the song. 

You'll See

"I know I'll survive, I know I'll stay alive"

She could totally sing this song instead of Gloria's song and keep the same meaning. 

I Will Survive is kinda flat in the show anyway. 

6 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

I mean... If you want to get technical... she basically did write a hit song with the same message as I Will Survive and even put a nod to it lyrically in the song. 

You'll See

She could totally sing this song instead of Gloria's song and keep the same meaning. 

I would love that.

7 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

You'll See

I think an abridged version of her song "Survival" would work well in that same spot as well.

22 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

You'll See

THIS.

On 1/9/2024 at 4:34 PM, Anapausis said:

Actually nor IWS nor EY. I want THIS in their place, without a second less:

@McDonnais a witness to my words.

Love to see we have a connection!!!

Anyway after yesterday's concert we can already say Express Yourself is here to STAY.

And Causing a Commotion acapella snippet too!!!

On 1/10/2024 at 3:33 AM, lap said:

I will survive acoustic version had a meaning last year, it was nice (not great as the original arrangement), but this is her greatest hits tour. 

Express Yourself is one of her strongest song, a very big and missed hit in the setlist and even it deserved a better production, the acoustic version is cute and she sounded very good.

I hope she replaces it over I will survive. 

/end thread sorry @True Blue 84 but Express Yourself NEEDS TO STAY!! (Given she doesn't even remember the existence of "You'll See" - and "Survival", a much welcome option too, thanks @McDonnafor bring it to the table!)

Why not do all 3 and create a new section! fuck everyone off? :laughing: Every minute being with M is a treasure and if people dont like it they can go to get a hot dog. 

I agree express yourself needs its own 'spot' but anything's better than nothing. Look how special T.Blue was. This could be her surprise True Blue moment for fans intimate ect. No point in complaining we got it. People wanted a change we got it. What more do people expect???? Donna & Nicki to pop up from the floor like the leftover destiny's child job search women?  (OK that would be good but aint happening). 

Plus people ruin it by watching spoilers, its 'supposed' to be a fresh new experience. Everyone's too excited and can ruin it for themselves before they go. That's our problem, not hers. She's trying her best you can tell!!! I'm still shocked the tour is still real. 

3 hours ago, Anapausis said:

Anyway after yesterday's concert we can already say Express Yourself is here to STAY.

And Causing a Commotion acapella snippet too!!!

/end thread sorry @True Blue 84 but Express Yourself NEEDS TO STAY!! (Given she doesn't even remember the existence of "You'll See" - and "Survival", a much welcome option too, thanks @McDonnafor bring it to the table!)

I wouldn't assume that.  She doesn't always sing the bit of Causing a Commotion she sometimes does, and ILNY was only performed a couple times, but didn't replace anything. It might stay, but I think it's a temporary switch up.