Which "Studio" Album of Madonna's would you recommend FIRST to a potential new Fan??

On 4/27/2024 at 11:43 PM, Voguerista said:

If you had someone (who was very interested in Madonna, but, hadn't listened to any of her studio albums in full yet) ask you which "studio" album of Madonna's would you recommend for them to listen to first, which album would you choose? I'd choose "Confessions On A Dancefloor". I love how it's structured like a "DJ set". You can dance to it and it's still relevant to this day. I think they'd only want MORE after listening to it.

I never recommend albums to a new potential fan; I always recommend a compilation of singles from different eras. After that, if they like it, that’s when I recommend albums based on the singles they’ve enjoyed.

I def agree w/tailoring the recommendation to the person. If it’s a young person I’d start w/Confessions (and Immaculate).

If it was an older person I was trying to win over who presumably had some casual awareness of her it’d be Like A Prayer or Ray of Light or maybe Erotica, depending on their taste.

i would recommend american life or confessions, but here in brazil a lot of song of something to remember play on the radios,  when i showed the something to remember to my boyfriend, he knows half of the album, and doesn't know those song were from madonna, now sometimes he ask me to put you'll see saying "play that song that play in the radio"

13 hours ago, FantaMadonna said:

Like a prayer is like a fucking great album 

That sound is too vintage to introduce, some of the songs sound better on immmaculate collection

thats more if you are already into Madonna

To introduce someone has to be somewhat modern, Confessions and Hard Candy feel current.

I think it really depends on who I'm talking to. If you're young and into super mainstream pop, I'd totally suggest checking out Rebel Heart. It's like, the ultimate pop album packed with potential hits.

If you love both house and pop but lean towards more intricate, layered sounds, then Confessions On A Dancefloor would be your jam.

If you don't like sad music and you think music is just something that must make you happy, then I'd still recommend COADF.

Big on electronic? Into trip-hop, loving Portishead or Massive Attack vibes? Do you love experimental songs with electronic vibes and both happy and sad moments? Then you'd probably love Ray Of Light or Music.

If rock, jazz, or R&B are more your scene and you also like good experimental productions, you definitely can't go wrong with Bedtime Stories or Erotica.

Into pop punk? Then The First Album is a no-brainer.

And if you're all about that polished '80s pop... well, you're probably already know classics like True Blue or Like A Prayer.