Omg Madonna survival demo

2 hours ago, Starchild said:

Agreed. Totally different vibes. Tone deafness is real.

Also, justice for Survival - the perfect, lush opening statement to Bedtime Stories.

The original demo instrumental was essentially Creep with that honking horn sample. Obviously the album version is a very watered down pop version. 

Survival has always seemed like a wonderful composition to me but unfortunately the style of music chosen (R&B) does not do it justice by turning it into an opaque song without the necessary power that could well have been solved with the use of synthesizers and greater quality in the bass.

In general I feel that all the songs on the album lack power. I would have liked a production more in the style of Rescue Me. Unfortunately, that style of music was fashionable in the United States and, as always happens, the rest of the world had to adapt to the musical tastes of that country. Although not always with success because I remember that the only song that was popular in my country and broadcast on the radio was Take a Bow, which was the closest thing to pop that those of us who live in this part of the world are more accustomed to hearing.

2 minutes ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

Survival has always seemed like a wonderful composition to me but unfortunately the style of music chosen (R&B) does not do it justice by turning it into an opaque song without the necessary power that could well have been solved with the use of synthesizers and greater quality in the bass.

In general I feel that all the songs on the album lack power. I would have liked a production more in the style of Rescue Me. Unfortunately, that style of music was fashionable in the United States and, as always happens, the rest of the world had to adapt to the musical tastes of that country. 

I totally agree.