Ryan Reynolds had to meet Madonna in person to get permission to use 'Like a Prayer' in Deadpool & Wolverine

proxy

6 hours ago, NRMX said:

My not in order thoughts 

there could be some complicated issues and negotiations between companies etc than just Madonna saying put my song in your record.

We don’t know if the deal with the BSB was you are going to be the major player and artist in the album

And like a prayer is going to be the promotional material in all media, it seemed like the song was one of the main talking points of the promotional efforts. 

We can’t quantify how much $ was generated in any of both cases or if maybe Madonna wanted this kind of publicity because of her own next Hollywood venture, if you ask me the quotes of her giving two notes and the production taking action works wonders in legitimizing her as a director 

What is more important? having 2000000 young kids listening to her three times and forgetting all about her in 3 days, or a ton of free advertising in her core target??? 🎯 

It’s not as simple as saying M team did wrong 😑

Well no, Madonna owns the publishing on all her songs that she has written (Webo Girl Inc) so it is up to her if she wants it released or not. The song is written by her and Pat Leonard and produced by him so there’s no other parties involved….i doubt that if Pat was asked he said no. Again, it’s all up to her but she is choosing not to or has no interest. 

I wish people would stop making excuses about why Like A Prayer isn't doing so well. It's obvious to me, Madonna or whoever can't be bothered to capitalise on it. No 4k upgrade video, the streams aren't merged, it's not on official Spotify playlist or Soundtrack. Most people are not going to buy the Like A Prayer album or be bothered searching for the song on Spotify and other streaming sites. Of all the artists I'm a fan of, being a Madonna fan is the most frustrating. 

Angry Inside Out GIF by Disney Pixar

7 minutes ago, JustinTimes said:

I wish people would stop making excuses about why Like A Prayer isn't doing so well. It's obvious to me, Madonna or whoever can't be bothered to capitalise on it. No 4k upgrade video, the streams aren't merged, it's not on official Spotify playlist or Soundtrack. Most people are not going to buy the Like A Prayer album or be bothered searching for the song on Spotify and other streaming sites. Of all the artists I'm a fan of, being a Madonna fan is the most frustrating. 

Angry Inside Out GIF by Disney Pixar

M's team are not doing a good job so far, that is correct. They'll probably catch up later only if the song by itself does good, as usual.

Meanwhile, the movie team:

Hate to see effing Marvel putting all the effort and M's side doing nothing.

47 minutes ago, Prayer said:

M's team are not doing a good job so far, that is correct. They'll probably catch up later only if the song by itself does good, as usual.

I mean it’s strange because Madonna was really involved in it, the new record session & M went to premiere. It looks like Warner got $$ and they don’t care what happens next :Madonna041:

13 minutes ago, proxy said:

I mean it’s strange because Madonna was really involved in it, the new record session & M went to premiere. It looks like Warner got $$ and they don’t care what happens next :Madonna041:

I also wonder did Madonna was aware that other song have big scene in movie 

its really the bar minimum and not that hard

merge the versions

update video at least to 1080

and add to some playlists

and release the movie version like single

she hold all the rights she's on warner

there is no other 3rd parties or whatever

they literally asked HER permission with bow in personal to use it 

3 hours ago, IconicRebel said:

Well no, Madonna owns the publishing on all her songs that she has written (Webo Girl Inc) so it is up to her if she wants it released or not. The song is written by her and Pat Leonard and produced by him so there’s no other parties involved….i doubt that if Pat was asked he said no. Again, it’s all up to her but she is choosing not to or has no interest. 

Exactly! then that was just point one of all my argument. 

Then if she chose not to be on the album so the rest of the hypothesis might still stand no? 

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

Seriously Madonna's bitches are the worst. Remember when Frozen was popular on TikTok, the Madonna team didn't respond immediately and after a long time, when all of its popularity on TikTok disappeared then suddenly, out of the blue, the Madonna team put out those boring frozen sick sick boring to sick sick remixes?

I bet that only right after that movie disappears from the box office will the Madonna team come out with deadpool version of Like a prayer remixes. And nobody will care as usual.

12 minutes ago, I am madonna said:

Seriously Madonna's bitches are the worst. Remember when Frozen was popular on TikTok, the Madonna team didn't respond immediately and after a long time, when all of its popularity on TikTok disappeared then suddenly, out of the blue, the Madonna team put out those boring frozen sick sick boring to sick sick remixes?

I bet that only right after that movie disappears from the box office will the Madonna team come out with deadpool version of Like a prayer remixes. And nobody will care as usual.

Totally agree, I feel like I'm gonna delete this website, not because of anyone on here, but because I'm fed up of supporting Madonna and streaming her everyday when she can't be arsed. She has an amazing opportunity with this film, but no, let's put out a crappy silver vinyl of an album that's been out for 35 years, and a crappy T-shirt. 

Cut It Out Reaction GIF

7 minutes ago, JustinTimes said:

Totally agree, I feel like I'm gonna delete this website, not because of anyone on here, but because I'm fed up of supporting Madonna and streaming her everyday when she can't be arsed. She has an amazing opportunity with this film, but no, let's put out a crappy silver vinyl of an album that's been out for 35 years, and a crappy T-shirt. 

Cut It Out Reaction GIF

Thank you! I mean seriously!! Let's talk about that Like a prayer silver edition.

When Madonna wrote on her Instagram to buy silver edition of Like a prayer. I screamed! Why? Because I mistakenly thought it was a special edition of the Deadpool version of Like prayer single!!! But the next minute I realized it was just Like a prayer Vinyl album and almost threw up. I mean seriously? Like a prayer album?  Aeeeeeeeellllllbuuuuuummmm? At this moment? I just.. .Ughhhhh...

Well it’s still making progress. It’s been climbing up the apple music top 200 pop songs chart. Last night before I went to bed it was up to # 123. This morning it’s up to # 90. Interested what the spotify update for yesterday will look like.

Again, I don’t believe anything would’ve caused it to have the #s nsync is getting rn. It’s getting a healthy boost and apparently still climbing though. Let’s see what happens.

Do we think the amazing revolutionary LAP silver vinyl will have a giant deadpool sticker on it ? I really didn’t expect the movie to do much for this song seeing as she is pretty much dead in the water when it comes to popularity now let’s be honest 

some gossip talk

Madonna Wouldn’t Allow “Deadpool and Wolverine” to Include “Like a Prayer” on Soundtrack

https://www.showbiz411.com/2024/07/26/madonna-wouldnt-allow-deadpool-and-wolverine-to-include-like-a-prayer-on-soundtrack

"It seems that this fall Madonna will release her own 35th anniversary edition of the “Like a Prayer” album and didn’t want “D&W” to take away from that." 

8 minutes ago, Askeroff said:

some gossip talk

Madonna Wouldn’t Allow “Deadpool and Wolverine” to Include “Like a Prayer” on Soundtrack

https://www.showbiz411.com/2024/07/26/madonna-wouldnt-allow-deadpool-and-wolverine-to-include-like-a-prayer-on-soundtrack

"It seems that this fall Madonna will release her own 35th anniversary edition of the “Like a Prayer” album and didn’t want “D&W” to take away from that." 

Well fair enough. 

She has all the right to market her music as she wants. The inclusion of the song in the movie is enough for her and her team. Period.

One day Spotify will disapear and all the numbers with it. Not the real sales though. Also let's not pretend that Like a prayer wasn't a HUGEEEE hit back in the day. Running up that montain (or hill or whatever) nobody remembers that song after Stranger Things. Nobody even remember the series!

N Sync can change the tittle of their youtube video to enjoy the little momentum but they wish to have something close to the Celebration Tour or a quarter of the impact of her career.

Stop the drama please.

1 hour ago, Askeroff said:

some gossip talk

She’s also doing her own biopic next, so how many soundtrack inclusions LAP could have before her own usage of her own song?

some gossip talk

This has to be the most stupidest thing Madonna has ever done, she really has no clue. She could have had millions upon millions of streams for Like A Prayer and gained loads of new fans. Nobody from watching the movie is going to be interested in her 35th anniversary of Like A Prayer 

some gossip talk

This is Roger Friedmann. He‘s a notorious M hater. He goes out of his way to discredit her, write unflattering things, or focus on negative perspectives. Don’t give his jibber jabber much attention.

23 minutes ago, JustinTimes said:

This has to be the most stupidest thing Madonna has ever done, she really has no clue. She could have had millions upon millions of streams for Like A Prayer and gained loads of new fans. Nobody from watching the movie is going to be interested in her 35th anniversary of Like A Prayer 

Dude if she was interested in that, they would have done it, if it was relevant to her they would have done it. 

Not every opportunity a fan sees or suspects is amazing is what they want for her as a brand and a business.

Yes millions and millions sounds amazing but do you really think that we would have gained lots of new fans… I really doubt it. 

True or not that $31M figure floating around, the licensing fee for the movie must be ASTRONOMICAL. So there's nothing stupid about this deal.

I think some of us are sad as fans that they're not making the most of it just like any other act would. To be fair, she's never be that type and maybe she even considers doing that a little bit below her status.

But how wonderful would it be to take advantage of opportunities like this one, apart from the big direct money from the studio.

48 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

This is Roger Friedmann. He‘s a notorious M hater. He goes out of his way to discredit her, write unflattering things, or focus on negative perspectives. Don’t give his jibber jabber much attention.

yeah that's why i labeled as gossip

and there no way LAP anniversary is coming anytime soon