💤 Susan Thomas’ Nap Time 💤

Chopped up, newly made by in-house people and not the original remixers/editors is not my idea of enjoyable, but everyone has different tastes.

Personally, I don’t want newly edited mixes by people who didn’t originally work on the remixes. They are awful, like that ‘Alternate Single Remix’ of ‘Keep it Together’ that they led people to believe was from 1990 and was just created in 2022 by some person that works at Warner now. 🥴

1 hour ago, Adonna said:

I know some are just joking, but if it's on the level of American Life Mix Show, that was a superb release.  I actually prefer these sorta curated releases than the usual re-issues with nothing really new. :party:

Yeah I love the AL mixshow. I’m kinda hoping she releases a “companion” LP for each album like this, so “naptime” has me excited. One of my favourite items in my collection is the Confessions Remixed EP, which is obviously different as it was released as part of the Confessions album campaign instead of as an anniversary release, but I like having the “twin” releases in my collection. 

22 minutes ago, Veronica-Electronica said:

Yeah I love the AL mixshow. I’m kinda hoping she releases a “companion” LP for each album like this, so “naptime” has me excited. One of my favourite items in my collection is the Confessions Remixed EP, which is obviously different as it was released as part of the Confessions album campaign instead of as an anniversary release, but I like having the “twin” releases in my collection. 

Most definitely.  It's more creative and less predictable. :luv:

2 hours ago, Anapausis said:

Based on what? Has new info about it leaked lately???

Just asking.

The main post speaks about 8 tracks,  and says INCLUDES 6 unreleased mixes/demos.

So it might be:

2 already released tracks/mixes/remixes

6 unreleased mixes/demos 

So I might assume it could be

2 released + 2 demos + 4 mixes, or

2 + 3 + 3,

or 2 + 4 + 2....

6 minutes ago, sbrombolessio said:

Just asking.

The main post speaks about 8 tracks,  and says INCLUDES 6 unreleased mixes/demos.

So it might be:

6 unreleased mixes/demos 

2 + 3 + 3,

or 2 + 4 + 2....

I think the details of the tracks are sketchy.  My bet it might be something like the American Life Mix Show.  Unreleased remixes of key songs and then possibly a demo or two of certain key songs too. Of course, this is if the Demo reports are even true.  For sure, we'll find out in a month or so.

5 minutes ago, Adonna said:

I think the details of the tracks are sketchy.  My bet it might be something like the American Life Mix Show.  Unreleased remixes of key songs and then possibly a demo or two of certain key songs too. Of course, this is if the Demo reports are even true.  For sure, we'll find out in a month or so.

Fingers crossed!!!

Do we understand that, at more than five years since her last album, the most exciting thing for us is to wait for the first of october and see the tracklist of an anniversary limited edition of a 30 years old album so we could check if maybe we will really get one or - but only if we are very very lucky - two old unreleased songs ...

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

10 hours ago, stefo said:

Do we understand that, at more than five years since her last album, the most exciting thing for us is to wait for the first of october and see the tracklist of an anniversary limited edition of a 30 years old album so we could check if maybe we will really get one or - but only if we are very very lucky - two old unreleased songs ...

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

My lovely Italian anthropologist ex cathedra, speakin' for myself: TRULY DON'T CARE.

But my opinion is virtually known by everyone here already.

On 9/8/2024 at 9:54 AM, sbrombolessio said:

Just asking.

So it might be:

6 unreleased mixes/demos 

2 + 3 + 3,

or 2 + 4 + 2....

Clue Movie GIF by LogoTV

19 hours ago, stefo said:

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

Fans were asking for this about ages and not caring about supporting new material, complaining about 'too much new songs / she should do the hits / the demos are better' since Drowned World Tour... So here we are.

6 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

Fans were asking for this about ages and not caring about supporting new material, complaining about 'too much new songs / she should do the hits / the demos are better' since Drowned World Tour... So here we are.

I hate those people ... tell me the names, I'm gonna go after them!  :Madonna026:

On 9/8/2024 at 3:54 PM, sbrombolessio said:

Just asking.

So it might be:

6 unreleased mixes/demos 

2 + 3 + 3,

or 2 + 4 + 2....

It could be:

2 released + 5 demos + 1 unreleased

2 released + 4 demos + 2 unreleased

2 released + 3 demos + 3 unreleased

2 released + 2 demos + 4 unreleased