It could be:

2 released + 5 demos + 1 unreleased

2 released + 4 demos + 2 unreleased

2 released + 3 demos + 3 unreleased

2 released + 2 demos + 4 unreleased

2 released + 1 demo + 5 unreleased

Place your bets! 😄

Which option would you like the most?

I just hope it's NOT another American Mix show aka edit of existing remixes.

4 minutes ago, Veronica-Electronica said:

Garbage always have their RSD releases on streaming the same day so there must be some way around that. 

Sometimes a few weeks later but yeah. I also remember a Prince release ("The Versace Experience") going on digital almost at the same time as the RSD release.

I don't think there's a strict rule about not having that content on digital, just something they do maybe out of respect for the RSD tradition.

5 minutes ago, Veronica-Electronica said:

Garbage always have their RSD releases on streaming the same day so there must be some way around that. 

It's still rare.  Still, RSD's purpose is to celebrate the experience of buying physical music in a record store.  It's mostly aimed at Vinyl releases, but occasionally there are releases beyond that.  Nothing is impossible, but if all the artists start releasing things digitally on streaming, it would defeat the purpose of the day.

It's not something I really worry about when it comes to obtaining it digitally/streaming because eventually someone rips it, and makes it available. But still, I'm going to snatch up the VInyl at all possible.  Nothing is better than owning a physical copy of your favorite artist's work.  Vinyl is my preference anymore. 

2 minutes ago, Adonna said:

But still, I'm going to snatch up the VInyl at all possible.  Nothing is better than owning a physical copy of your favorite artist's work.  Vinyl is my preference anymore. 

Same for me. Especially for artists or releases that I always go back to and listen over and over, I like to buy something physical and for me that format is vinyl these days. (I still have a very large CD collection from back in the day but haven’t had any device with a CD drive for over ten years so they are just collecting dust!)

5 minutes ago, Veronica-Electronica said:

Same for me. Especially for artists or releases that I always go back to and listen over and over, I like to buy something physical and for me that format is vinyl these days. (I still have a very large CD collection from back in the day but haven’t had any device with a CD drive for over ten years so they are just collecting dust!)

I have a large CD collection that I never play either. I do have a CD player and DVD/Blu-ray/CD player but no longer use them.  When I play physical music, it's my Vinyls now.  :)

39 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

oh I'm wrong then - I just remembered reading some discussion when the Who's That Girl RSD release was around.

Yeah I was always under the impression that RSD releases were physical only (as the whole point of RSD is to drive consumers into record stores -hence no online pre ordering etc). I only noticed that Garbage upload their to streaming because I listen to a lot of Garbage. There might be other artists that do this as well, I’m just not familiar with them. 

I had a quick Google and I can find rules for retailers who participate as RSD stockists, but I can’t find any rules for artists. 

Are there any industry insiders 😉 here that can shed light on that?

Either way, Nap Time will definitely be physical-only based on Madonna’s previous releases. 

3 minutes ago, Veronica-Electronica said:

Yeah I was always under the impression that RSD releases were physical only (as the whole point of RSD is to drive consumers into record stores -hence no online pre ordering etc). I only noticed that Garbage upload their to streaming because I listen to a lot of Garbage. There might be other artists that do this as well, I’m just not familiar with them. 

I had a quick Google and I can find rules for retailers who participate as RSD stockists, but I can’t find any rules for artists. 

Are there any industry insiders 😉 here that can shed light on that?

Either way, Nap Time will definitely be physical-only based on Madonna’s previous releases. 

Again, RSD is primarily a way to appreciate the act of actually going to a real store and buying music.  Vinyl is the primary release for RSD.  The idea is that the stores that participate must pledge not to make the physical releases available for pre-order nor can they sell it until the following day at a specific time. 

Over time, Artists/Record labels started to make sure more copies were available, to ensure there was a chance for online purchasing (the day after and thereafter).   This is when the participating stores make the remaining copies available through on-line purchasing as well.  Meanwhile, these stores make their stock available on Amazon and other online stores.

Many of the releases are very exclusive content from artists, who never release such content digitally and on streaming platforms.  However, much bigger artists tend to make some of that material available eventually, but not always.  The idea is that RSD is supposed to be kept exclusive to physical format.  While there are some artist/record labels who do make such content available digitally/streaming, in most cases they don't to keep it "exclusive". 

My guess at the tracklist (with zero facts to back this up) is:

01: Let Down Your Guard (Rough Mix)
02: I’d Rather Be Your Lover feat. Tupac*
03: Your Honesty
04: Secret (Some Bizzare Edit)*
05: Bedtime Story (Orbital Edit)*
06: Human Nature (I’m Not Your Bitch Edit)*
07: Something’s Coming Over Me (Demo)*
08: Bring It (Demo)*

*previously unreleased

Just posting this for posterity to see how many guesses I get correct! 😆 

My guess at the tracklist, @Veronica-Electronica, based on the tracklist order of American Mixshow is this, let us see if I get any guess 🤣🤣🤣

1. Survival (Dallas Austin Demo)*

2. Secret (Drum Mix Edit)*

3. I'd Rather Be Your Lover (featuring 2Pac)*

4.  Goodtime (Demo)*

5. Human Nature (No fade Version)*

6. Sanctuary (Dallas Austin Demo)*

7. Bedtime Story (Junior's Single Mix) 

8. Take a Bow (Silky Soul Mix)

*previously unreleased

14 minutes ago, sbrombolessio said:

My guess at the tracklist, @Veronica-Electronica, based on the tracklist order of American Mixshow is this, let us see if I get any guess 🤣🤣🤣

1. Survival (Dallas Austin Demo)*

2. Secret (Drum Mix Edit)*

3. I'd Rather Be Your Lover (featuring 2Pac)*

4.  Goodtime (Demo)*

5. Human Nature (Video Version)*

6. Sanctuary (Dallas Austin Demo)*

7. Bedtime Story (Junior's Single Mix) 

8. Take a Bow (Silky Soul Mix)

*previously unreleased

This tracklist flows so well, I would totally listen to this. 👍 

2 hours ago, subversive said:

I would rather hear junior's brits version. Pls Emily

This. But with petite fille we never know.

Anyways aren't you all aware that Naptime will be most likely a vinyl exclusive? So be prepared for getting the tracks only through YouTube videos, right?

(Hope to be proven wrong ofc)

22 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

This. But with petite fille we never know.

Anyways aren't you all aware that Naptime will be most likely a vinyl exclusive? So be prepared for getting the tracks only through YouTube videos, right?

(Hope to be proven wrong ofc)

Or some very good vinyl rips 😄

In my opinion the only palusible unrelesed tracks choices are the ones that could have a direct relationship with the released album and not the studio session itself. The style of the songs from the session with Shep was more Erotica oriented apparently, so it's strange and incoherent to include tracks like Bring it, Goodtime or Tongue tied (wich I highly would like to hear by the way, especially the second one said to be quite good). 

I think the tracks that could be considered are just the early versions of songs eventually included in the final tracklist like "Something's coming over" (Secret) or "I will always have you" (Inside of me) or an unreleased Dallas Austin track, if I'm not wrong there still should be one called "Right on time" written by him.