Vote for Madonna at VMA's

proxy

The problem lies that Madonna has two options which can split the fans while Taylor has one option. I sorta wish Madonna only had one option, that way all her fans would put their weight behind one option, allowing the option to have more votes.

That said; it's not a huge deal if Madonna doesn't win. My first thought this was designed specifically for Madonna to win, but I didn't realize it was something people can vote multiple times and the more I think about it, Taylor fans probably will have more reaction to this poll.  She's univerally more popular and on people's minds more than Madonna.  I like Taylor, so if she wins... great, but truly Madonna deserves the win specifically because she's not once provided an iconic performance, she's done it multiple times. 

7 minutes ago, proxy said:

But you know that not everyone that votes is leaving comment, just because Gaga fans spaming, doesn’t necessarily mean they are in majority. 

This is correct. The last couple days I was voting in the last few rounds of song of the summer (lol). The 2nd to last round was Billie/Chappell (Billie won) and Ariana/Taylor. With that vote you could see the percentages throughout the day, and for most of it Ariana was ahead. Then in the last few hours swifties swooped in and flipped it, and Taylor snatched it. 

5 minutes ago, Adonna said:

The problem lies that Madonna has two options which can split the fans while Taylor has one option. I sorta wish Madonna only had one option, that way all her fans would put their weight behind one option, allowing the option to have more votes.

That said; it's not a huge deal if Madonna doesn't win. My first thought this was designed specifically for Madonna to win, but I didn't realize it was something people can vote multiple times and the more I think about it, Taylor fans probably will have more reaction to this poll.  She's univerally more popular and on people's minds more than Madonna.  I like Taylor, so if she wins... great, but truly Madonna deserves the win specifically because she's not once provided an iconic performance, she's done it multiple times. 

Sorta off topic, I gotta say, Taylor has been growing on me. Madonna fans like to hate on her, but I'm listening to her Speak Now album right now, and I like how it's such a genre-blending album. Some songs are totally country, others are totally pop, and Haunted sounds like Evanscence! 

12 minutes ago, Kae-Leah Williamson said:

Sorta off topic, I gotta say, Taylor has been growing on me. Madonna fans like to hate on her, but I'm listening to her Speak Now album right now, and I like how it's such a genre-blending album. Some songs are totally country, others are totally pop, and Haunted sounds like Evanscence! 

Yeah, while I can't fan for her like I do Madonna and some other artists, I actually like a lot of her songs and albums.  She's definitely got the attitude down.  I don't think she's terribly exciting though, especially when singing and performing.  It's more about the music, lyrics and some of the visuals, messages she brings to the table. 

8 minutes ago, Adonna said:

Yeah, while I can't fan for her like I do Madonna and some other artists, I actually like a lot of her songs and albums.  She's definitely got the attitude down.  I don't think she's terribly exciting though, especially when singing and performing.  It's more about the music, lyrics and some of the visuals, messages she brings to the table. 

I pretty much agree. She's not nearly as charismatic and compelling of a performer as M, and on average, I don't find her songs as catchy as Madonna and Gaga etc., but she's a talented lyricist who grew on me over time. It helped to think of her as more of a poet/writer who uses music as her medium than your typical musical performer. 

Just now, Kae-Leah Williamson said:

I pretty much agree. She's not nearly as charismatic and compelling of a performer as M, and on average, I don't find her songs as catchy as Madonna and Gaga etc., but she's a talented lyricist who grew on me over time. It helped to think of her as more of a poet/writer who uses music as her medium than your typical musical performer. 

Yeah, very well put. :) I have to agree on everything you mentioned regarding her.  "Poet/writer" definitely.  She probably wouldn't be as huge as she is now if she didn't start in country first. She really built up a fan base then, and that just carried over when she crossed over. She definitely reaches a lot of generations because young people lover her as much as older people.  :heart:

Even if Madonna didn't win the category I would find it hard to believe that they wouldn't honor her in some way. She revolutionized MTV as well as the VMAS so to just skip over that would be a miss. Especially since it's been 40 years of the show and Like a Virgin. 

Edited by whiteheat (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, whiteheat said:

Even if Madonna didn't win the category I would find it hard to believe that they wouldn't honor her in some way. She revolutionized MTV as well as the VMAS so to just skip over that would be a miss. Especially since it's been 40 years of the show and Like a Virgin. 

This is sorta why when this first came up, I thought this category was catered to her to win, but then it dawned on me that this is a public poll and we know how these online things turn out.  People are voting more to keep from someone from winning that, actually voting for someone they actually enjoyed.  Also, the Madonna fan base, will be splitting much of their votes between two when all the others will have a their fan base voting for one.

You'd think they would celebrate Madonna in some way as you stated due to the Awards is officially 40 years in.  But they may not make such a big deal since a couple years back they did a 40 year celebration for MTV coming on the air.

12 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

Online someone posted a top 5 so far with 1 Taylor swift 2 Lady Gaga 3 and 4 i can't remember and 5 was Katy Perry. No Madonna. This can't be true right? How does this person knows this allready, you could also see the % of how many... But if it's true, this categorie is a joke... 

It's only "a joke" because we want Madonna to win.  Clearly, a younger generation of music fans will be heavily involved in voting.  Also, Madonna wasn't the only entertainer to have iconic performances.  Maybe those choices weren't the best to represent a 40 year run of VMA performances, but there are a handful of Iconic performances and appearances that didn't even involve Madonna. 

Let's be honest, this whole category was made to purely pander to nostalgic music fans and that's it, do you guys really think these are the best performances from the history of this show, apart from maybe Madonna's? They all purposefully selected a performance from each big pop woman of the last decade plus an obvious Madonna choice Just to attract the hardcore pop fans. They knew what they were doing.

13 minutes ago, Adonna said:

It's only "a joke" because we want Madonna to win.  Clearly, a younger generation of music fans will be heavily involved in voting.  Also, Madonna wasn't the only entertainer to have iconic performances.  Maybe those choices weren't the best to represent a 40 year run of VMA performances, but there are a handful of Iconic performances and appearances that didn't even involve Madonna. 

It's a joke!

Ofcourse we want Madonna to win. BUT those 2 performances ARE the most iconic performances on that list. Britney's slave performance should be up there to. ALL the others are good performances, but NOT iconic... Good but forgetable 

Performing Mtv GIF

Youtube Video GIF by tyler oakley

2 minutes ago, Andreo said:

Let's be honest, this whole category was made to purely pander to nostalgic music fans and that's it, do you guys really think these are the best performances from the history of this show, apart from maybe Madonna's? They all purposefully selected a performance from each big pop woman of the last decade plus an obvious Madonna choice Just to attract the hardcore pop fans. They knew what they were doing.

From that list those 2 Madonna performances are the most iconic. 

1 minute ago, Andreo said:

To be honest, I think Madonna's Vogue and Express Yourself was far much better.  Vogue especially was Iconic.  I do think Like A Virgin performance was too, but the impact it had then doesn't really carry over through the test of time. A lot of people watch it now, and think, "what was the big fuss?"   But those of us who were alive and witnessed it, knew it was a huge deal at the time.

2 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

It's a joke!

Ofcourse we want Madonna to win. BUT those 2 performances ARE the most iconic performances on that list. Britney's slave performance should be up there to. ALL the others are good performances, but NOT iconic... Good but forgetable 

Yes, they ARE to you... but it's just not you and the Madonna fans who are participating.  Again, as Madonna fans we are simply biased to it.  Clearly there are far more better Iconic performance even beyond Madonna's.  I personally don't think those two Madonna choices ARE the most iconic performances, especially from Madonna.