Patti LuPone drags Madonna's and Kim K's acting

True Blue 84

Around the world when people think Evita they think Madonna 

Only people into broadway shit think about that troll face bore, she can say whatever she wants she'll die as second best...or maybe third, she did not create it. Well fourth, Julie Covington on record, Elaine Paige on stage, Madonna in the movie. Seeth.

1 minute ago, Roland Barthes said:

Only people into broadway shit think about that troll face bore, she can say whatever she wants she'll die as second best...or maybe third, she did not create it. Well fourth, Julie Covington on record, Elaine Paige on stage, Madonna in the movie. Seeth.

Julie Covington’s Don’t Cry rendition is top-notch. I’ve never liked Patti’s voice much. 

11 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

Maybe it’s my age, but the only thing I knew Patti from was, Life Goes On. A late 80s TV show.

To me and my generation, Madonna is Evita.

Patti is talented, but she falls into the Mariah Carey, Gaga and Elton John talent section:

Talented, but awful, bitter personalities that make you not want to listen to them.

But she's not wrong in what she says.  Madonna can't act.  However, I do think that she's wrong about Madonna in Evita.  Obviously, there's more to the bitterness than we know. Something behind the scenes where Madonna pissed her off.  And Patti is definitely a great actress.  I've seen her in a number of things, and she's always been far more believable as an actress than Madonna.

Just now, Boombox90 said:

Maybe it’s my age, but the only thing I knew Patti from was, Life Goes On. A late 80s TV show.

To me and my generation, Madonna is Evita.

Patti is talented, but she falls into the Mariah Carey, Gaga and Elton John talent section:

Talented, but awful, bitter personalities that make you not want to listen to them).

I don't believe gaga and mariah fall into the bitter section, they, after all, were responding to attacks Madonna made first, at least Mariah did (i'm no fan of either gaga or mariah), i think gaga became publicly bitter after the "reductive" comment. Elton John, Cher and Debbie Harry it's because when she came into the scene their careers were nosediving as hers was soaring. Elton John became more bitter after she declined dueting with him on his first duets album then there was the James Bond theme she got and he was never asked even though he made one on an album of his and the last straw was her Oscar party even though they are not happening at the same time. Debbie Harry tried to ride her coattail by first working with Jellybean because she liked Into The Groove but she did not know he had no input in it. It ended badly, only feel the spin was released from these sessions and they really had a big fallout. She then popped up at Madonna events with Stephen Sprouse. Thing is Madonna praised them both many times. I think Cher was also nasty because she was friends with Sean first and took his side, like many celebrities (David Bowie regretted mocking the abuse she was subjected to by sean on a Tin Machine track, he later apologized for it saying he was hanging out with Sean at the time)

But yeah, me too, she's the mother of Corky for me too :)

And i really dislike Evita with or without Madonna. If Madonna had not been in it you could have paid me millions to watch that shitfest, i wouldn't have had.

2 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

I don't believe gaga and mariah fall into the bitter section, they, after all, were responding to attacks Madonna made first, at least Mariah did (i'm no fan of either gaga or mariah), i think gaga became publicly bitter after the "reductive" comment. Elton John, Cher and Debbie Harry it's because when she came into the scene their careers were nosediving as hers was soaring. Elton John became more bitter after she declined dueting with him on his first duets album then there was the James Bond theme she got and he was never asked even though he made one on an album of his and the last straw was her Oscar party even though they are not happening at the same time. Debbie Harry tried to ride her coattail by first working with Jellybean because she liked Into The Groove but she did not know he had no input in it. It ended badly, only feel the spin was released from these sessions and they really had a big fallout. She then popped up at Madonna events with Stephen Sprouse. Thing is Madonna praised them both many times. I think Cher was also nasty because she was friends with Sean first and took his side, like many celebrities (David Bowie regretted mocking the abuse she was subjected to by sean on a Tin Machine track, he later apologized for it saying he was hanging out with Sean at the time)

But yeah, me too, she's the mother of Corky for me too :)

And i really dislike Evita with or without Madonna. If Madonna had not been in it you could have paid me millions to watch that shitfest, i wouldn't have had.

I’m just talking in general. Nothing to do with Madonna.

I just can’t stand Elton, Gaga or Mariah’s personalities. Very bitter and passive aggressive.

Lots of people dislike M’s personality and that’s fine.

6 minutes ago, Boombox90 said:

And she nailed it.

The original was for Broadway, the other was for a film.

Exactly, Broadway acting and singing has to be over the top and extremely theatrical because it has to be seen from the nosebleeds and all emotion has to be overdone to convey the message. Movies require much more subtlety because you have a closeup of the actor on a huge screen and the speakers can make a whisper clearly audible. Patti knows this, she's well aware of the difference between theater and film, and constant criticism of Madonna's performance is bitter and unjustified.

The acting abilities of Madonna and Kim Kardashian are low-hanging fruit for Lupone. There are plenty of other actors who work more than both of them whose skills are comparable. 

Besides, there are many factors that all contribute to someone being successful in the entertainment industry and talent is just one of them, whether Patti Lupone likes it or not. 

Lupone just has a chip on her shoulder about Evita. She always comes across as so bitter. I love a savage remark as much as anyone, but the schtick it getting old.  

4 minutes ago, Veronica-Electronica said:

The acting abilities of Madonna and Kim Kardashian are low-hanging fruit for Lupone. There are plenty of other actors who work more than both of them whose skills are comparable. 

Besides, there are many factors that all contribute to someone being successful in the entertainment industry and talent is just one of them, whether Patti Lupone likes it or not. 

Lupone just has a chip on her shoulder about Evita. She always comes across as so bitter. I love a savage remark as much as anyone, but the schtick it getting old.  

To be fair, it's not like she offered the comment. She was asked about it.  But yeah, she clearly can't stand Madonna, so I have to wonder if there is something more going on that we don't know.  Personally, I am not a big fan of Patti's voice even though she's technically a great singer.  Still, she can act a million times better than Madonna.  I do agree that there are many factors to making one successful in the Entertainment Industry and Madonna certainly does have it, it's just not Patti's cup of tea.

3 minutes ago, Adonna said:

To be fair, it's not like she offered the comment. She was asked about it.  But yeah, she clearly can't stand Madonna, so I have to wonder if there is something more going on that we don't know.  Personally, I am not a big fan of Patti's voice even though she's technically a great singer.  Still, she can act a million times better than Madonna.  I do agree that there are many factors to making one successful in the Entertainment Industry and Madonna certainly does have it, it's just not Patti's cup of tea.

I still think Mariah had the best response when asked to give her opinion on a “rival”, JLo:

IMG_9075.gif.c7c7d1ae0976d3b30a305080dc04c933.gif

it’s absolutely perfect to me 😆 it’s my go to line when I have nothing nice to say. 

2 minutes ago, Veronica-Electronica said:

I still think Mariah had the best response when asked to give her opinion on a “rival”, JLo:

IMG_9075.gif.c7c7d1ae0976d3b30a305080dc04c933.gif

it’s absolutely perfect to me 😆 it’s my go to line when I have nothing nice to say. 

Oh Mariah has had her shady moments, but hey so has Madonna too.  I think the two are much more settled and matured to play these shady contests anymore. 

I mean, M hasn't acted in anything in like 20 years at this point. And I wish she had done horror/sci fi. There's still time for her to do an iconic cameo in the right project. I know she has it in her.

And honestly, M's version of DCFMA is beautiful to me because of how meek and nervous she sounds at the beginning. And the way she conquers it by the end. I NEVER felt emotional about this song until I heard M sing it. That big bombastic Broadway voice is just not my thing. I'm sure the Tony's would disagree with me lol so hooray for Patti. No one then or now could sell Evita like M. And she's the main reason anyone remembers it.

big ang vh1 GIF by RealityTVGIFs

2 hours ago, Adonna said:

But she's not wrong in what she says.  Madonna can't act.  However, I do think that she's wrong about Madonna in Evita.  Obviously, there's more to the bitterness than we know. Something behind the scenes where Madonna pissed her off.  And Patti is definitely a great actress.  I've seen her in a number of things, and she's always been far more believable as an actress than Madonna.

If there were anything behind the scenes we would've known by now. Patti tells it all when she's interviewed and doesn't think twice before trashing even her own Broadway peers. She's just butt hurt about not being asked to play Evita + being fired from Sunset Boulevard so now she dedicates her life to bad-mouthing Madonna and ALW, that's all.