Very honestly, has Taylor Swift surpassed Madonna all-around?

Arckangel

3 hours ago, scamper said:

But I'm not saying is irrelevant... I just said that here in Spain she's not as important as Madonna was.

I lived the 80's and I can say how important Madonna was at the time, not because I read it on Internet, because everybody listened her music. I've looked for the most listening artists in Spotify in Spain in 2023 and TS was 134... That makes her be the greatest star here in Spain? I doubt it... As I said, here people prefer other artists and she's known but sHERE she's not as important as people are trying to say. She's a known artist and that's all.

The way popularity is measured has changed since the 80’s. It’s a different time so it’s hard to compare. But Taylor is talked about everywhere all the time in the same way Madonna was. Maybe it’s different in your country…. that’s kind of a relief for me if I’m honest. Maybe I should move there.

I think it's a very different time and a very different energy from both artists. I also think the legacy M has left is unmatched and individual. I wouldn't compare them to each other. I would say that Taylor has had a massive impact to the industry just as M did and is creating her own legacy. 

Can Taylor's music make me feel like Madonna's does? No. 

19 minutes ago, BoyToyMark said:

I think it's a very different time and a very different energy from both artists. I also think the legacy M has left is unmatched and individual. I wouldn't compare them to each other. I would say that Taylor has had a massive impact to the industry just as M did and is creating her own legacy. 

Can Taylor's music make me feel like Madonna's does? No. 

I personally agree.  But the fact is, Taylor IS making a cultural impact.  Of course, it's regional as well.   The fact she can just make one post on her social media endorsing Kamala Harris, and then by the next day, Voter Registration is significantly affected, says a lot.   Also, I personally  know far more Taylor fans than Madonna fans.  Even in the 40 plus years being a M fan, I've still encountered more Taylor fans in my life time than Madonna fans.  That of course, doesn't include the many Madonna concerts I've been to over the years. Far more youngsters are more aware of Taylor than Madonna these days.  While I agree, that her songs don't impress me as cultural impacting, there are many others who I know who are fans will say different. Even me being somewhat interested in her, I know plenty of her songs.  It doesn't hurt that for numerous years, she was big in the genre of Country, but her crossover just magnified her popularity and cultural impact. She may play it safe with her music and how she entertains, but she's horned in on what people enjoy.  :luv:

39 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

The way popularity is measured has changed since the 80’s. It’s a different time so it’s hard to compare. But Taylor is talked about everywhere all the time in the same way Madonna was. Maybe it’s different in your country…. that’s kind of a relief for me if I’m honest. Maybe I should move there.

I don’t think Spanish speaking countries are as influenced by her fame as Madonna did  

Media is very much fragmented making her, yes incredibly large fan base remain within their own ecosystem young girls from an specific socio demographic group 

Madonna, at least in Mexico at her peak was known by everyone and all their family up to their great grandparents… TV was an unifying media… it was a social event, not the case anymore, media is fragmented, info is fragmented, entertainment consumption is fragmented as well. 

19 minutes ago, NRMX said:

Media is very much fragmented making her, yes incredibly large fan base remain within their own ecosystem young girls from an specific socio demographic group 

Very true. Like I keep saying it’s hard to compare the two. Plus there is also an inclination to trash Madonna and deny her achievements so a lot of people are keen to declare Taylor bigger than her for that reason too. They also did that with Gaga but look how that has turned out. Shes not even in the top 10 biggest artists of all time.

36 minutes ago, NRMX said:

There are 17,000,000,000,000,000 flies alive right now, they like and eat poo, that doesn’t make me think that poo is more interesting now that we know this fact. 

okaaaay, but how many flies were alive in the 80's and 90's?? You can't compare poo now, and poo back then, it's SO different.

16 minutes ago, androiduser said:

okaaaay, but how many flies were alive in the 80's and 90's?? You can't compare poo now, and poo back then, it's SO different.

It’s a math constant, as per the example:

So the common housefly is about 65 million years old. Assuming 17 quadrillion (17,000,000,000,000,000) flies alive at any given moment, that can be said as 17 quadrillion flies die and are born each generation. A house fly goes through ~12 generations per year.

12x1.7x1016 = 2.04x101 flies born and died per year” 

You can get by this numbers how many flies were alive each year and each decade 

40 minutes ago, Adonna said:

Exactly. Such a ridiculous comparison!  :)

as ridiculous as not quoting me directly? 🤣

So you say my argument is ridiculous but say EXACTLY to some counter argument based on poo 💩🤣🤣🤣 are you that bothered by me that you can’t see how “insert adjective” it is??!?!?!? 🤣🤣🤣

My argument is as ridiculous as the one argument about someone having a “bush” in their picture will place underage fans reading this forum at school at risk?

My argument is as ridiculous as posting the same comment all over again in almost every thread almost verbatim or less ridiculous 

Or as ridiculous as your next post is going to be help me Jackie 

The Golden Path Kiss GIF by The Chemical Brothers

2 hours ago, Adonna said:

It is quite sad if you think about it.  People resorting to attacking an artist with feces now.  A new low.

I took the flies thing as an ironic and playful diversion, a funny sally. 

It's about three days and eight pages we're going on writing that this kind of comparisons are very hard to do and not that useful and the same people who were joking about flies and poo wrote very argumentative posts about this serioius matter ... I mean, sorry but I honestly can't see any real low here. Just some funny and light hearted jokes when the discussion was getting exhausted :cute:

30 minutes ago, Adonna said:

It is quite sad if you think about it.  People resorting to attacking an artist with feces now.  A new low.

Dear it’s good to read and educate ourselves from time to time outside of a music forum so we can strengthen our logic, our understanding and comprehension, absolutely no one attacked anyone with feces or in the least compared any artist to it who do you think we are???

I invite you to reread everything and try to find were we or specifically I did what you say I did 

Do you know what a syllogism is? 
We now turn to the theory of the syllogism. A syllogism is an argument composed of three categorical statements, two of which are premises, and the third is the conclusion. The three statements jointly contain three non-logical referring terms (subject terms and predicate terms), each appearing in two of the three statements. The theory of the syllogism has as its job determining which syllogisms are valid”

You drew the conclusion no one else babe no one else. 

No one else 

New Girl Kiss GIF