Very honestly, has Taylor Swift surpassed Madonna all-around?

Arckangel

4 minutes ago, androiduser said:

not happening... remember - Madonna's legacy of paving the way for women! :bananawave:

The law is still in effect. I can mention a ton of girlie's over 35 who get their songs ignored just because they arent younger. Madonnas stuff was just to great and cutting edge and she's litterally one of the only exceptions. At least for a while. Taylor will begin her decent into legacy act at 35 trust 😎

Just now, Tudors said:

The law is still in effect. I can mention a ton of girlie's over 35 who get their songs ignored just because they arent younger. Madonnas stuff was just to great and cutting edge and she's litterally one of the only exceptions. At least for a while. Taylor will begging her decent into legacy act at 35 trust 😎

:cry:I'm disappointed by how little Madonna did for women over 35.

I’ve never owned an Android. But I think they have all the same features don’t they? And they’re usually more affordable and often have a more up to date camera etc? I believe there are pros and cons to both.

I will always stick with Mac though because I’m a Mac snob. I do use Google chrome, Google docs etc though . I hate iCloud and all that.

4 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I’ve never owned an Android. But I think they have all the same features don’t they? And they’re usually more affordable and often have a more up to date camera etc? I believe there are pros and cons to both.

I will always stick with Mac though because I’m a Mac snob. I do use Google chrome, Google docs etc though . I hate iCloud and all that.

If you love Mac, you’d love an iPhone.

iPhone is basically a portable Mac.

My iPhone does loads more than my Samsung Android could ever do.

I love my iPhone camera.

1 hour ago, androiduser said:

not happening... remember - Madonna's legacy of paving the way for women! :bananawave:

I can agree with that. I'm serious, not joking, I'm not sure at all she could have the age/radio kind of problem. Not cause M paved the way for others of course, but because Taylor is excatly what they want her to be. The pretty girl next door, kind and nice all the time, talking about emotions, especially love and private stuff, no politics, no polemics, no troubles, singing easy listening melodies, where experimentation is a plausible word only if we start from Disney's soundtracks, wearing soporific princess dresses with empty sparkling smiles stamped on her face, being also indipendent and empowered of course, but only as a proper girl next door can be, not more not less. And I think she'll go on like this all the way through: not more not less than what expected and acceptable. I think she could find a way to adapt herself to what acceptable over 35. So maybe she'll manage to go on ... untill a new generation will wake up and simply get the bore of her thing. 

Just now, stefo said:

I can agree with that. I'm serious, not joking, I'm not sure at all she could have the age/radio kind of problem. Not cause M paved the way for others of course, but because Taylor is excatly what they want her to be. The pretty girl next door, kind and nice all the time, talking about emotions, especially love and private stuff, no politics, no polemics, no troubles, singing easy listening melodies, where experimentation is a plausible word only if we start from Disney's soundtracks, wearing soporific princess dresses with empty sparkling smiles stamped on her face, being also indipendent and empowered of course, but only as a proper girl next door can be, not more not less. And I think she'll go on like this all the way through: not more not less than what expected and acceptable. I think she could find a way to adapt herself to what acceptable over 35. So maybe she'll manage to go on ... untill a new generation will wake up and simply get the bore of her thing. 

Well she endorsed Biden and now Kamala. Maybe she will get more political in the coming years.

11 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Well she endorsed Biden and now Kamala. Maybe she will get more political in the coming years.

I'll be very happy if this happens in her art. As long as she'll make real political acts, exposing herself for a cause wich needs her voice cause it's unpopular or at least unconsidered. You know what I mean? Being brave, making people think, not just poltical correctness ... Cause of course she'll start to talk about social issues sooner or later: it's pretty much expected by a star of her stature. 

I don´t want to put down Taylors achievement, and for sure, Madonna is not as popular as she was cause when I started following her around 99 she was everything in a very different world we were living in. The thing is Taylor´s popularity will have an end too. And let´s see how is she remebered 40 years later. The world is changing so fast we don´t know.

To me, artists like Michael Jackson, Madonna, Streisand, Whitney, Madonna, Beatles..are above everything we have these days. They are icons not matter the current popularity. Their songs are hyms forever. 

I really can´t sing any lines from a Taylor Swift song, she is really not very interesting for me But the same I never liked very much Gaga, except I know some songs from her. 

Madonna was a product, but also an artist, changed everything, made history, and will be an icon forever not matter what. Let´see this today artists how are they remembered 30 years later.

In order to have cultural impact, you need to be an innovator that initiates a certain kind of shift in the industry.

For example: When Lady Gaga appeared on the scene, you could feel and see how much other artists changed in order to be able to compete with her. The entire music industry went "Gaga". THAT is the kind of cultural and LASTING impact that Hitlor Swift will never have.

Taylor is a quantity over quality artist. She released 8 albums over the course of 4 years. That is the reason she is pulling these numbers. Does anything she do musically, fashion-wise or in other regard directly influence other artists, so that they start to adjust? No. Because she only has success, no true impact. She's a businesswoman, not much of an artist. She has a terrible voice, she can't dance or perform. She can write songs (many of them being extremely formulaic and following the same pattern). Her music is just extremely digestible, inoffensive, plain and perfectly adjusted to her target audience.

This is precisely, why she will never be viewed in the same way as someone like Madonna, Michael Jackson or Lady Gaga. These three actually had a kind of impact that went way beyond the money making machine that is Taylor.

2 hours ago, Drownedboy said:

I really can´t sing any lines from a Taylor Swift song, she is really not very interesting for me But the same I never liked very much Gaga, except I know some songs from her. 

Thank you, this is what I’ve been trying to say from the start.

There are modern artists whose music I don’t particularly enjoy, but you still end up knowing their singles, even if you don’t want to. With Taylor Swift, though, it’s different. I know her as a successful singer because of the news and the internet, but I’ve barely heard any of her music on the radio, TV, or elsewhere, unlike artists like Billie Eilish, Ed Sheeran, The Weeknd, Harry Styles, Lady Gaga, Dua Lipa, and others, whose music I come across more frequently. 

And that's why I believe, in my opinion, that Madonna's music is well-known worldwide, while Taylor Swift's music isn’t as widely recognized

5 hours ago, Tudors said:

I can't wait till this hag is over 35. So very close to radio ban because of her age  :Madonna057:

5 hours ago, Tudors said:

Also Taylor feels like a has been already. Like she can't replicate 1989 whatsoever where she gets a ton of hit songs from an album. She just sells albums pretty much and the songs are forgotten by the next album

Jezus f*ing Christ, the level of hate and denial here is something.