Best Madonna Steven Klien collaboration?

Tudors

Certainly a lot to chose from. So maybe top 2 or 3

Confessions shoot. Amazing sets amazing looks. Loved the look in the mirrors, on the lit steps and especially in the red dress with white room which she got on the cover of rolling stone. Epic!

Equestrian shoot. Love when she had her hair down and laying with the horse. And the video for the tour for future lovers is epic. It's probably elevated cause of the tour.

https://youtu.be/9aLqiwXuTMk

In before someone says Alejandro tho 🙄

2 hours ago, Tudors said:

Confessions shoot. Amazing sets amazing looks. Loved the look in the mirrors, on the lit steps and especially in the red dress with white room which she got on the cover of rolling stone. Epic!

Equestrian shoot. Love when she had her hair down and laying with the horse. And the video for the tour for future lovers is epic. It's probably elevated cause of the tour.

https://youtu.be/9aLqiwXuTMk

In before someone says Alejandro tho 🙄

IMO her best shoot period. I wish we got more outtakes!

1 hour ago, Tudors said:

SK and M have so many great projects together, but I think you mentioned my favorites too. I wish we had more official photos of her in the red dress on Rolling Stone, I never understood why they only released the photo on the cover...

I LOVE the colors on COAD photoshoot.

images-2024-09-15T034938_147.jpeg.eb3deea2f470b29d88842da4b2bd074c.jpeg

images-2024-09-15T035030_428.jpeg.5fe3a15d2efa1f9439795e1c76200b32.jpeg

I also love her "red hair" in the album booklet, it's a very good color edit and already iconic.

The equestrian shoot you mentioned is one of the greatest. I will forever have chills hearing the first seconds of Future Lovers on Confessions Tour. What an opening!

For me, Confessions era hands down - the, artwork, the tour - the entire era was so well done!

Xstatic was amazing also - it was so dark, so gritty, so raw, so dirty (in the sense it wasn't polished) - a complete change for Madonna.

Blame it on Rio - was just silly - V Magazine with Katy Perry was cool, but not really an installation and the Marilyn inspired recent shoot - could have been something better, but was a little amateurish in my view - not as polished as Confessions or X static.

10 minutes ago, shakeyerdix said:

Pfff... Come on...

Is it possible to spell his name correctly on topic's name BTW ?

no, it's TRUE, XStatic made her look old, and much uglier than she really was, and don't tell me it was an "artistic choice", cause it wasn't, sk is a hack that pretended to be a photographer . still does . in fact her real downfall started from that damn xstatic shoot, ALife flop, vma desperation and that awful MATM song, she was degraded to "ft. credit", ALL these happen AFTER everyone saw how ugly the xstatic shoot was so she thought she needed to appeal to younger audience - fatal mistake . die SK shoots, DIE :)

Edited by adled (see edit history)

1 minute ago, adled said:

no, it's TRUE, XStatic made her look old, and much uglier than she really was, and don't tell me it was an "artistic choice", cause it wasn't, sk is a hack that pretended to be a photographer . still does .

Her look is not totally photograph's responsability. Judge him regarding the way he takes pictures. I wouldn't quote him as best photographer living ever but saying is a bad photographer, and worst than this, saying he's the worst of her entire career is nothing but stupid and ignorant...

Equestrial 2006 shooting is only good. And there are dozens of excellent pics. And of course COAD huge shooting made her looking gorgeous... Have you forgotten that ?

17 minutes ago, shakeyerdix said:

Her look is not totally photograph's responsability. Judge him regarding the way he takes pictures. I wouldn't quote him as best photographer living ever but saying is a bad photographer, and worst than this, saying he's the worst of her entire career is nothing but stupid and ignorant...

Equestrial 2006 shooting is only good. And there are dozens of excellent pics. And of course COAD huge shooting made her looking gorgeous... Have you forgotten that ?

ok coadf ONLY, happy ?

On 9/16/2024 at 7:13 AM, madgefan said:

100% One of her all-time worst. They've clearly run out of ideas.

In my opinion the idea (styling etc) of that shoot was “fine”, it was the photoshop that ruined it. It’s one thing to have a heavily filtered photo on Instagram, but the face filters on that shoot have no place in a proper publication and made me lose a lot of respect for him as a photographer. 

8 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Not to mention it looks like an even cheaper version of Iconic and the RH tour book which already felt lazy ten years ago

images-2024-09-17T030706_645.jpeg.b3530c63b3b14e7406d90ed5f98f309f.jpeg

It's that kind of random project they do when feeling bored, the result is meh and no one remembers after...

Iconic backdrop and RH Tourbook I like, although is repetitive.. actually is very similar to a glasses campaign she did for D&G

images-2024-09-17T031045_578.jpeg.69217de8777269288a96f5c44d207041.jpeg

images-2024-09-17T031100_299.jpeg.6bb6317e054a987bb816530ca647e505.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Agent Cooper said:

images-2024-09-17T030706_645.jpeg.b3530c63b3b14e7406d90ed5f98f309f.jpeg

It's that kind of random project they do when feeling bored, the result is meh and no one remembers after...

Iconic backdrop and RH Tourbook I like, although is repetitive.. actually is very similar to a glasses campaign she did for D&G

images-2024-09-17T031045_578.jpeg.69217de8777269288a96f5c44d207041.jpeg

images-2024-09-17T031100_299.jpeg.6bb6317e054a987bb816530ca647e505.jpeg

I mean i don't think that ad is a reference to any particular Marilyn or Madonna shoot but obv Iconic is a callback to the Oscars and i get it, it's about putting her as an icon on a pedestal and her falling off it especially given the context of the song so while I think it's boring i understand it. The V shoot just looks like they ran out of ideas especially Madonna is waaaaay older than Marilyn was so it's sort of been there done that and she got the most out of what she could in the early half of her career. I thought Madame X was ridiculous as well and paint by numbers. It would be interesting if she referenced old hollywood stars that suffered ageism and misogyny in their older years like Joan Crawford, Bette Davis, Ingrid Bergman, Marlene Dietrich etc. Heck, if she wants something weird and 50s get David Lynch to do something with her! Blue Velvet is definitely something she should've referenced for Madame X.

I am curious if Brigitte Lin in Chungking Express was an inspiration however....

77eb831a-fc53-11e9-acf9-cafedce87d15_image_hires_175209.jpeg

5d106-chungking1 (1).jpg

FDQ-kLBXMAAbDgO (2).jpg